WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Biggest Legend in WWE History??
Hulk Hogan 22 55.00%
John Cena 1 2.50%
The Undertaker 2 5.00%
Steve Austin 0 0%
The Rock 1 2.50%
Triple H 1 2.50%
Randy Savage 2 5.00%
Ultimate Warrior 1 2.50%
Andre The Giant 1 2.50%
Shawn Michaels 1 2.50%
Bret Hart 4 10.00%
Other 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-29-2016, 12:52 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

This would be more interesting as the 10 biggest legends in wrestling history. If that were the case, I think Gorgeous George would need to be somewhere on that list. This is the guy who basically set the precedent for what wrestling is today, and he was not only one of the biggest wrestling stars in the world, he was one of the biggest stars IN THE ENTIRE WORLD during his run. People think The Rock is a big star, but he's got nothing on Gorgeous George.

He was also the man who made pro wrestling absolutely explode upon the creation of the television. One could argue that without Gorgeous George there would be no Hulk Hogan.

But I'm just nerding out.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:47 PM
WWE Women's Champion

harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Phenom View Post
Some of these lists made me legit lol. I mean some of you put Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Brock Lesnar on your lists. Did y'all start watching WWE in 2010 or later? That must be the case if you think any of those three I just mentioned belong on a top ten WWE Legends list. I don't have the time to really critique every list so I'll just make my own and I hope like hell somebody argues it.

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Bruno Sammartino
3. Stone Cold Steve Austin
4. The Rock
5. Vince McMahon

Those are the top 5 most important names to the WWE today. I don't have a doubt in my mind that without even one of those people the WWE would not be in business right now. They're in no particular order, but yes, Vince deserves to be on this list because he's been a WWE performer for around 20 years or so.

6. John Cena
7. HBK
8. Bret Hart
9. The Undertaker
10. HHH

The last 5 are definitely more debatable than the first. Cena has been the number one guy for over a decade, however, this idea that he's single handedly "carried" the WWE for all that time needs to stop. This isn't the same era as Hogan's. In Hogan's era he was absolutely the only mainstream star the WWE had. That's not so for Cena. He may be the top guy, but he isn't the only guy and if he never came along, there is no doubt in my mind that WWE would still be here today. HBK, Hart, and 'Taker could honestly all be put at the same number. HBK and Hart carried the company in the mid 90's but they really never did anything extraordinary and while 'Taker has never been the guy, he's been a guy that has consistently been in the main event picture for well over 20 years. IMO, he took that Andre spot a long time ago. Finally, HHH was the absolute best heel in the business for much of the 21st century and when he wasn't the top heel he was one of the top faces or in the top group and he's not done yet. So, he deserves to be on the list.

That's how I see it anyways.
I'd say the first part of the list is spot on but, personally, I'd argue that Undertaker and Triple H could both be replaced by Bob Backlund and Randy Savage. Backlund I'd have on there instead of Triple H as he was the man for a helluva long time after Bruno and helped with the transition from Vince Snr to Jnr.
As for Savage and Undertaker, I'd say Savage was, at his peek, a bigger drawing card for the company than Undertaker as it's been much more of an ensemble cast since Taker got moved from freak of the week to a top card guy. Again it's a toss up either way but nothing Undertaker has ever done has ever seemed as important to me as "The Mega-Powers explode" story which ran from Wrestlemania 4 through to Wrestlemania 5.