WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-20-2016, 06:51 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

DCLXVI is looking to come up from OCW...DCLXVI is looking to come up from OCW...DCLXVI is looking to come up from OCW...DCLXVI is looking to come up from OCW...

Groan when I see Kane... his Demon Kane to Corporate Kane seesaw is worse than Big Shows Heel/Face turns. I know he's a "reliable performer" and is making good money but I've had enough of Kane for an indefinite period of time.

Next is definitely Baron Corbin. I know he is being groomed for an imposing - tall bad ass - but he looks like he lost a lot of weight at a point in time and I don't see him ever tightening up his mid-section which is worse than Samoa Joe's and Joe wears his shorts above his belly button and it fits his character. Even if he was cut up - he has a lot of loose skin in that area and it is a little distracting in matches. Not sure why they didn't go with something like Reigns' tactical vest gimmick. He has nautical stars on his chest, (Vince reportedly hates tattoos and his don't fit the character)... he is a "Biker" but how many bikers get nautical stars... and isn't super built. Every time I see him he has less hair, far less than even a couple years ago and he is still young - we aren't talking about the Undertaker here.

He draws a heat that isn't really a heel heat - it's like a "we don't like you or buy your character" heat. Not monster Heel heat. I'm not trying to dwell on appearance but he is like a far less attractive Roman Reigns - even more limited in the ring - (with the exception of a finisher that can't be pulled off on larger opponents without potential botch risk), originally portrayed as a silent bad ass face - crowd turned on him because they didn't buy it. Only difference is Vince is stubborn and Triple H turned Baron heel.

Last edited by DCLXVI : 02-20-2016 at 06:54 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:34 PM

Presentable1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Not a fan of Ryback. Just seems too much like what we have seen before, and at times the wwe has forced him down fans throats trying to get him really over.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:17 PM

MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...

There are guys that has great mic skills, but lack of in ring talent, others viceversa. There are guys that they dont even have neither mic or in ring skills, but have charisma.

And then, theres Ryback, theres NOTHING good about him.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:44 AM

Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this I suppose... but I'll go with Edge.

Not that I hate the guy really, but let's just say that to me, he was always the overrated-R superstar *badum-ts*

Sure, he had some very memorable times as a tag team act in the "glory days" of the legendary TLC matches, but as soon as he was catapulted to the top as singles performer, he was always underwhelming to me.

He is good in the ring, and also solid on the mic - but I just could never really get into him as a worker, and the hype he enjoyed as the "ultimate opportunist". For the wrestling style he's been working (esp. the Spear in later years) he just didn't have a believeable enough physique, and to me, his mic work was only "above average" at best. Something always seemed off about him.

But I think what really got me to disliking him as a performer was how ridiculously over he was, especially since I always felt that his getting over that way, topped by an instant Hall of Fame induction after his (unfortunate) early retirement, always seemed to be that he was constly being handled as WAY beyond his actual worth. He was an above-average performer, to be sure - but for him to be regarded as one of the "greatest of all time", and they way WWE has also portrayed him as such... it's just never clicked with me.

Also, it also kind of always bummed me out for Christian, who somehow got left along the road. I mean, the guy's had a pretty good career himself, but in the grand scheme of things, he will always go down as the Marty Jeanetty to Edge's HBK - even though in my opinion, Christian is just as good in every respect as Edge. Edge has a slightly better look going for him, of course - but that's about it, I'd say.

In the end, both are "above average" workers, but neither ever screamed "main event talent" to me.

If we're going with today's current roster, I guess my least favorite performer is probably Bo Dallas... who despite his wrestling lineage to me has nothing going for him. A terrible gimmick that bombed right from the start, plus an improvement-worthy fitness level makes it tough for him. Agreed, his brother Bray Wyatt may have an even less toned body type, but he makes up for it with his phenomenal mic skills and also above average ring work. Bo... not so much. So whenever Bo appears, I tend to fast forward.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:32 AM

hitking100 is looking to come up from OCW...

Triple H.

From his long boring promo's to his predictable subpar matches, this guy never seemed like an 'A+ Player" to me. He was the second wrestler after Hulk Hogan that made me FF his matches and promo's, in the vast knowledge that nothing important would be missed. He's living proof that if you push someone hard and long enough, people will actually start believing you belong at the top. From leeching onto Shawn to being the forgettable one in the Austin/Rock era, once he got the ball it was a very bland experience. Once he roided up some more, his limited skills were exposed even more...except for the no-selling, he was an expert in making his opponent look bad.

It's like Austin said in the StoneCold Truth : You're not where you're supposed to be with all the focus and TV-time you're getting. Not even touching the politics here, just the in-ring presence.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:38 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

It has to be The Great Khali.

With the exception of Undertaker, Kevin Nash and Kane, I've never really been a fan of the "giant" wrestlers in WWE/WCW. Because of their size and weight, the matches are usually less athletic, less exciting and there aren't many wrestlers big enough and strong enough to perform many moves on them. The 3 I listed are the exceptions as they are all great talents and have all ('Taker especially) have had classic matches.

The Great Khali takes this stereotype of the big, lumbering giant and makes it 10x worse. He was DREADFUL at every single aspect of professional wrestling. He couldn't bump, he couldn't do any moves, his finisher was a fucking weak chop to the head, you couldnt understand what he was saying and he could barely even walk to the ring.

It pissed me off massively when he was given the World Heavyweight Title, a belt that greats like Curt Hennig, Scott Hall etc never got the chance to wear...AND HE EVEN BOTCHED HOLDING UP THE BELT, he held it up upside down FFS!

If there was ever an example of a no-talent joke being given a title purely because of their size, it was The Great Khali. He did improve to the point of having one or 2 ok matches, but that was down to who he was working with, not his ability.

He was one of the absolute worst of all time. Easily the worst Champion WWE ever had, and yes, I'm including Vince McMahon in that list.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 02-23-2016, 10:29 AM

Noshowers is looking to come up from OCW...

A lot of great responses so far and hard to argue, but for me wrestling always comes first so the wrestlers I tend to dislike most are those who can't make anyone look good in the ring (selling for them) or tell a good story in the ring. As much as I might not want to see a guy like Cena, he definitely can make a match and other wrestlers look good when he wants, so he gets a big pass.

Right now Baron Corbin and Paige top my list. Baron just needs more seasoning and practice and it's hard for me to see guys like Aries or Samoa Joe or Apollo Crews try and prop the guy up, but he gets a small pass since he is still in nxt.

That leaves Paige. Of all the good she used to do in nxt, whether it's because of booking or the talent of the opposition she has definitely fallen way short. She turns face and heel on a dime, botches plenty and her yell isn't quite in Bull Nakano territory. She should have been able to get some good matches out of the Bellas and such before this "second" diva's revolution, that is what good wrestlers can do. That is what AJ Lee was able to do. Unfortunately this just shows me that she also needs to be carried a bit as well since she can't do it herself. I expect better days to come (as the better divas who can carry matches get called up), but for now she was as much of a fail as the previous women's division.