WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-06-2016, 09:24 PM

jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...

Too bad this miracle gimmick has cheesy written all over it would have preferred him to come out to either his old or similar theme music and cut to the chase rather this televangelist gimmick that to anyone not familiar with his ROH work will come off as an indie guy with a cheesy gimmick.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:04 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

While I'm sure he'll grow on me, I was really bothered by him stealing the template for Jericho's debut promo in 1999 or whatever it was. I didn't like the way he looked either. The hat, the silly suit. Seriously, it's 2016, let's chill with the overly gimmicky stuff? That's why Drew Galloway annoys the crap out of me. He's posing for the camera, changing his voice. Act natural, dude, no one acts like that.

Anyway, he can certainly talk, Maria's a great addition and I think that's going to be a good dynamic because you rarely get a male/female type of "team" that actually makes sense. I like that they debut together.

Lose the stupid hat, the stupid suit, stop ripping off Jericho too much and actually be a breath of fresh air instead of just saying that you will be and he's good. I get that he's probably meant to be a heel, but haven't we had enough of the "I'm better than everyone I'm here to change wrestling" gimmick? Please not again.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:19 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

We haven't seen a ton of Bennett, but what we have seen has been fantastic. Am I the only one who sees another EC3-like build happening here, where this guy is going to end up at the very top of the company within a calendar year? Heel or face, I’m not sure. My guess is heel, especially with the recent EC3 face turn last night.

But I can’t be the only one who thinks this guy can absolutely handle being the top heel in the promotion, can I? Especially with Maria at his side. They really are such a wonderful package deal. I actually had some doubts about how well he would come across based on what I’d seen of them in ROH, which is far more wrestling-centric, where Bennett was often exposed for not being that great of an in-ring tactician. But with TNA, a company a little more focused on the entertainment/personality, he’s being given a massive spotlight and doesn’t look at all out of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
We haven't seen a ton of Bennett, but what we have seen has been fantastic. Am I the only one who sees another EC3-like build happening here, where this guy is going to end up at the very top of the company within a calendar year? Heel or face, Iím not sure. My guess is heel, especially with the recent EC3 face turn last night.
I agree buddy.

It's good in a way that Bennett hasn't been pushed down the throats and given an almighty push straight up, a steady build and time for his character to develop is good considering the whole Hardy family thing & Angle retirement tour which TNA is doing at the minute, it looks like an ECIII style push for him.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:04 AM
Knockout Champion

New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
We haven't seen a ton of Bennett, but what we have seen has been fantastic. Am I the only one who sees another EC3-like build happening here, where this guy is going to end up at the very top of the company within a calendar year? Heel or face, Iím not sure. My guess is heel, especially with the recent EC3 face turn last night.

But I canít be the only one who thinks this guy can absolutely handle being the top heel in the promotion, can I? Especially with Maria at his side. They really are such a wonderful package deal. I actually had some doubts about how well he would come across based on what Iíd seen of them in ROH, which is far more wrestling-centric, where Bennett was often exposed for not being that great of an in-ring tactician. But with TNA, a company a little more focused on the entertainment/personality, heís being given a massive spotlight and doesnít look at all out of place.
What part of him did you find fantastic? His shitty look or his average moveset?
Old 02-14-2016, 08:23 AM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

His phenomenal personality, actually, as well as his fresh look and pairing with Maria, who is also making waves in the stagnant Knockouts division.

Care not to cut yourself on all that edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.