WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-30-2016, 03:01 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

It all depends. You can't just say, "Ok, everybody who's not home-grown has no shot at the WWE title". That's just ridiculous. Guys like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, C.M. Punk, etc. were better overall talents than 99% of the roster. Are you telling me they should never have won the WWE World title because they made their names elsewhere first? Again, ridiculous. Let's also not forget that WWE's "home-grown" talents at this point stand at guys like Baron Corbin, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt, while most of the "indy darlings" that are hired have been wrestling for 10+ years.

Like I said, it depends. I don't expect somebody like Neville or Kalisto to ever win the WWEWHC but I do expect Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose to eventually. Because they're good enough. At the end of the day, that's the only thing that matters. If you can get yourself over, who cares where you come from?
Old 01-30-2016, 09:37 AM
PM me your cat's farts.
WWE Diva's Champion

BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...

This would be an awful idea. You can't limit folks' careers based strictly on where they came from. Even Vince McMahon understands that, as much as it pains him.

And those "indie darlings' are becoming increasingly common in developmental, and pretty large percentage of the main roster will be from the indies/TNA/RoH/Japan in the next few years. Probably a larger percentage than homegrown talents.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:39 AM

timothy26 is looking to come up from OCW...timothy26 is looking to come up from OCW...timothy26 is looking to come up from OCW...

I honestly don't mind what segment a performer is in provided they get enough time to do promos and wrestle a quality match etc. Having an IC belt or whatever mid card title can add a nice touch to an angle but isn't necessary for it to be entertaining.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:27 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...

By the OP's formula, Cesaro and Finn Balor should also be in the WWE Title picture, because they're "body guys" too. They're just "body guys" who happen to be really damn good at wrestling. And also you're also insulting the homegrown guys by lumping them all into a group and implying that they "can't wrestle". Cena is one of the better "workrate" guys on the roster nowadays.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:50 AM
making it fun again

sunday morning wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...

Best sports entertainer is spot on!!! If it's deserving it should happen if u and I cheer loud enough that it had to happen. . Isn't that why Daniel will never wrestle again?? If they allow it, all they will get is us wanting him as champ. Even if every 5 matches he might get hurt, we still want it.. and we won't let you forget it but that's what you want you will cheer loud enough that they will have to listen. But that's the problem. . You don't want the sign in front of you at raw. . Or join the loud chants.. bc they don't make you care enough is what I think. You would if it was something to care that much about. . We had the rock on this week and I fell asleep. I bet I wouldn't have if the bullet club showed up haha

Everybody is worth the push, bc really if it was someone in the lower cards we would be surprised and care. . Bc NEW is good in this case.. we've seen it all. . Now, what do you have?? Yeah I've seen the rock the usos.. but haven't seen them together maybe. . But wwe wants to know what's wrong.. we want more. . Why couldn't it have been Joe that said welcome to wwe and thrown out styles haha
we want more and they have 3hrs (not complaining about the longer more character driven old school style matches) I understand they have a tv style they think is perfect for their viewers and might be, But the problem are the others. NEW is good in this case. . We've already had Bray for 3-5yrs we want NEW. . Yeah he has a new member and is ginormous.. which is awesome, but we need more.. NOT complaining about Bray but give us more.. not saying we need sister A either. We don't. . gaah if any other Indy gets a push quicker than anything they've given Cesaro. Yes he's been champ (tag, interc maybe) but don't take too long to get the young bucks haha

Last edited by sunday morning wrestling : 01-31-2016 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:20 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BillAlfonsos_Whistle is looking to come up from OCW...BillAlfonsos_Whistle is looking to come up from OCW...BillAlfonsos_Whistle is looking to come up from OCW...

It would absolutely work IMO but first they'd have to actually dedicate more than 2 months at a time to elevating the IC strap. You'd need Owens to hold it as a monster heel for 8-10 months if not more before finally losing it to another respected guy like Styles or Zayn. Than you put Owens on the back burner for 3 months. Let the new champ reign and have multiple title retention over "jobbers" like Ziggler/Del Rio/Sheamus before Owens returns for a big feud. It's simple booking. They just refuse to embrace it.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:23 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcolosi View Post
I was thinking the other day about how the Hardcore IWC hating on guys like Cena, Roman and the non workrate heavy Indy guys. This isn't unlike the 80s with guys like Hulk and Warrior.
But isn't that the whole issue right there - wwe is using thinking that is 3 decades old. I don't think anyone has problems with guys like Cena and Reigns holding the title, i think the issues is when one of the "indy darlings" holds it, they are not pushed the same way. Let's go back a few years to the ultimate darling - CM Punk. You can say how wwe keeping the title on Punk for over a year shows they push people fairly but don't forget that during that time, Cena was still the main story on Raw with his feud with Johnny Ace and then the setup for his match vs the Rock. Even though he was the champ, Punk was a secondary storyline. Would that happen with Cena as champ? I think that is the bigger issue. You don't need to make a certain title the title for good workers and make the top title the one for the bodies. In fact, that makes half your roster look like idiots because why be good when you can just get jacked and get the higher title? What you need to do is get behind whoever you make champ with whatever title. There is no reason why for 6-12 months the IC Title can't be the one for the bodies if say Ryback was champ - you then book around that type of guy until someone else is made champ. but you book it as seriously as you would a worker. Same with the WWE Title. That's the key - you book whoever is the champ in a solid way instead of treating them as a placeholder until the next Cena run. I think every title needs both the workers and the bodies but you need to make each seem important and wwe hasn't been doing that in a long time.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcolosi View Post
I was thinking the other day about how the Hardcore IWC hating on guys like Cena, Roman and the non workrate heavy Indy guys. This isn't unlike the 80s with guys like Hulk and Warrior.

What if the WWE went back to the formula where those "body" guys have the world title and their main events and this influx of Indy guys compete for the IC title and the smaller lighter guys have the US Title

Look at the talent they could fill, Intercontinental Title With,
AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Austin Aries, Shinske Nakamura, Cesaro..

US Title ; Kalisto, Neville, Kidd, Itami, Woods, Cody,

Wow, right? Obviously these guys could compete for both, but you catch my drift..

I left off Ambrose and Apollo Crews because Dean has been in and out of the Main event scene for 2 years now and I just have a feeling bout Crews and I think he's going to get pushed to the moon on Raw.
I don't think it'll work. Although it would be nice sometimes to see the IC or US title main event a PPV if a feud presents the right story.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:38 AM
Future British World Champ
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Piss Bucket is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Oh that's a pile of bullshit and you know it. Have you read the forums? CM Punk was a great wrestler, but he has a shitty attitude and it showed. Daniel Bryan, another great wrestler and if the rumours are true, a wonderful human being. He's not my cup of tea per-say, but I enjoyed him when he wasn't injured, not his number one fan though.

Cena and Reigns have a lot of fans around here, I'm one of them. So really when does who you like make prove your stupidity? As far as I can see the WWE roster is made up of many different types of wrestlers. They all have fans and they all have people who don't particularity care for them. So what, it's a personal choice who you cheer or boo, and that's what being a wrestling fan is.

You call yourself "the UK wrestling fan", but I'm not sure you even know what the word "fan" means.
So because I don't mark out every time I hear CM Punk's music I'm not a fan? You are an idiot.

And to me Daniel Bryan is an overrated Chris Benoit wannabe, I mean seriously the guy does most of Benoit's moves including the flying headbutt and the Crossface.