WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who's winning the 2016 Royal Rumble Match?
Roman Reigns 6 18.18%
Brock Lesnar 3 9.09%
John Cena 2 6.06%
The Undertaker 0 0%
Triple H 7 21.21%
Dean Ambrose 4 12.12%
Seth Rollins (Miracle Return) 1 3.03%
The Rock 0 0%
Kevin Owens 1 3.03%
Triple H 7 21.21%
Ryback 0 0%
Bray Wyatt 2 6.06%
Cesaro (Miracle Return) 0 0%
Current NXT Star/Or a Returning Legend 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2016, 04:32 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Was anyone else disappointed with Brock Lesnars reaction to getting cheated out of the Title? Three of The Wyatts entered the ring illegally and threw him over the top. Three of them disappeared and left Lesnar at the side of the ring to compose himself before making his way to the back.

I thought Lesnar would have climbed back in the ring and gone ballistic....even throwing Bray Wyatt out. Instead he just kind of accepted his fate and walked off. Really disappointing booking of 'the beast'.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:47 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rge2010 View Post
Was anyone else disappointed with Brock Lesnars reaction to getting cheated out of the Title? Three of The Wyatts entered the ring illegally and threw him over the top. Three of them disappeared and left Lesnar at the side of the ring to compose himself before making his way to the back.

I thought Lesnar would have climbed back in the ring and gone ballistic....even throwing Bray Wyatt out. Instead he just kind of accepted his fate and walked off. Really disappointing booking of 'the beast'.
To be honest, I felt it was a nice change of pace. WWE goes all out to make Lesnar look like this unstoppable beast that I thought it was a bit refreshing to see him sorta slink away looking genuinely defeated.

Speaking of Lesnar, is it just me or is anyone else worried that Lesnar is gonna drop dead of a heart attack in the middle of the ring? The guy seriously, seriously needs to work on his cardio as he was totally, physically spent last night. Whenever he wrestles, sweat cascades off him and he looked so tired after last night that you could see spittle dribbling out of his mouth as he tried to catch his breath.

The potential downside now is that, if it's Lesnar vs. Wyatt for WrestleMania, Lesnar not only destroys Wyatt but obliterates the rest of the Family in the process during said match.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-25-2016, 08:55 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh G. Rection View Post
One of the weirdest Rumbles I've ever seen. Styles was very underwhelming, looked very weak, did one Pele and a couple of forearms. Lesnar not eliminating Wyatt made no sense. Breeze... WTF? And the whole thing with Roman leaving and then coming back. I have no problem with the end result H winning but the way it was all booked was weird as hell.
Well, the thing about a battle royal is that you often don't have a lot of opportunity to showcase your in-ring technique. Aside from the guys trying to eliminate each other and the near eliminations, the appeal of the Royal Rumble match is to see who comes out at what number.

I have to disagree about Style's debut and, frankly, I'm glad he didn't just come in there and just decimate people left & right. Since they didn't really have Brock Lesnar do that and since they didn't really have anyone look so dominant that nobody could touch them, I see no reason why an exception should be made for Styles. Even guys like Big Show, Mark Henry and Kane, guys who're known to have dominant Royal Rumble appearances, didn't come off as monsters and that's a pleasant change of pace.

Styles' appearance generated a lot of buzz, he had a couple of eliminations, stayed in the Rumble match for about half an hour and wasn't eliminated by one of the wrestlers many fans would deem as corporate picks like Reigns or Sheamus, which helped maintain the flow and energy of the match. I'm sure WWE is pleased as it's been reported that their first AJ Styles t-shirt has already sold out, so Styles is already making them some money.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-25-2016, 10:52 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
To be honest, I felt it was a nice change of pace. WWE goes all out to make Lesnar look like this unstoppable beast that I thought it was a bit refreshing to see him sorta slink away looking genuinely defeated.

Speaking of Lesnar, is it just me or is anyone else worried that Lesnar is gonna drop dead of a heart attack in the middle of the ring? The guy seriously, seriously needs to work on his cardio as he was totally, physically spent last night. Whenever he wrestles, sweat cascades off him and he looked so tired after last night that you could see spittle dribbling out of his mouth as he tried to catch his breath.

The potential downside now is that, if it's Lesnar vs. Wyatt for WrestleMania, Lesnar not only destroys Wyatt but obliterates the rest of the Family in the process during said match.
I have to disagree. He should have at least tried to climb back in the ring whilst held back or smashed a few things ringside to show his anger. It was like he didnt really care.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rge2010 View Post

I was thinking the same thing when the camera was on Brock after he was eliminated....I was picturing Haymen yelling No, no don't do it and Brock charging back in the ring to raise hell....instead he just walked to the back.

."In 20 years we won't be viewed as -Mailmen- anymore and will be called -Drone Pilots- instead."
Old 02-01-2016, 02:49 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default Should Lesnar Have Won the Rumble?

Been thinking about this for a little bit now. It seems to me that maybe WWE would have benefitted from calling an audible and putting the title on Lesnar at the Rumble instead of HHH. The main complaint surrounding Wrestlemania this year appears to be the "predictability" of some of the main event matches and their outcomes, and while I'm not completely convinced that we'll ultimately see Wyatt/Lesnar and Reigns/HHH for the title headline Mania, I think it's pretty damn likely.

That being said, I think after WWE realized that the Rumble crowd wasn't going to back Reigns, it would have been smart of them to go with Lesnar instead. I don't think much would have had to change other than the fact that Wyatt/Lesnar would have been the Mania title match instead of Reigns/HHH. The Lesnar/Wyatt match could have still been teased at the Rumble, just with Lesnar ultimately eliminating the Family instead of being eliminated by them. The triple threat match at Fast Lane could have still gone on with Wyatt and H replacing Lensar and Ambrose and the main events (if they play out as they should) would have had a little more intrigue in my opinion. Also, the match wouldn't necessarily have to headline. If WWE was adamant on pushing Reigns over the rest, he and HHH could still go on last.

I know there are some problems with this scenario, mainly what to do with the WWE title after Mania, but if they wanted to finally give Wyatt that push, a title win over Lesnar would certainly have been the way to do it. Also, there are probably some out there that don't see Bray Wyatt vs Brock Lesnar as a big enough title match for Wrestlemania, but I would argue the same thing was said about Booker T and HHH at Mania 19. If WWE shocked the fans and actually had Wyatt go over Lesnar that would definitely have shattered the predictability complaint.

So basically, HHH or Brock Lesnar? Who should have won the Rumble?