WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

I think he deserved all his main events, He may be the bosses son in law but he's still had a lot of talent and had loads of great matches over the years, I'm not a huge fan of his he's probably not even in my top 30 favourite ever wrestlers to watch but I can't find anything negative to say about his matches and went through playing so many different character changes over the years and played them all well.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:53 PM
WWE Women's Champion

harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...

It's not so much if he deserved to be in the main event all those times (and I'd say, everything being equal he did) it's more a case of storyline.

WM16 had the "McMahon in every corner" shite that was dominating so that makes sense and WM21 against Batista was a well paced and structured story.....

However every other time he's been at the top the storyline has been shite. I get adding HBK to WM20 because Benoit didn't have a hope in hell of carrying the mike work for a WM main event but:

WM18 it was really Triple H vs Stephanie with Jericho relegated to dog walker and, let's face it, it was a dreadful end to a dreadful feud that set Jericho back so far

WM22 vs Cena he spent most of the build pointing out all Cena's flaws ("you happen to not be a good wrestler" "I'm not scared of a guy who's big move is pumping up his sneakers") and then had a long ass match which just seemed to be there.

WM25 - Dear god they screwed the pooch with this. Orton had destroyed the McMahons & Steph, Triple H had invaded Ortons house and they end up with a straight singles match (because of that stupid Triple H loses if he uses weapons schtick). This match was begging for an all out war. It had little chance of following Taker vs HBK but, it was just a massive fart.

Considering his wife was head of booking he's really been dealt some serious shite at mania over the years.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Sausage Farmers
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Warlord is looking to come up from OCW...The Warlord is looking to come up from OCW...The Warlord is looking to come up from OCW...The Warlord is looking to come up from OCW...The Warlord is looking to come up from OCW...

He deserved to close WM16, and it should have been one on one with the Rock for the strap. Big Show vs Foley should have happened in a cage so Mick could pull off a stunt or two to get his Wrestlemania moment. Easy to look back and change things...but this particular WM I remember driving down to the Arrowhead Pond thinking this and talking about it with my buddy. Either way...the Triangle ladder match stole the show. Its been 16 years and Im still in awe from seeing it live.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:22 PM
Future British World Champ
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Piss Bucket is looking to come up from OCW...

HHH doesn't deserve anything IMO.

He gets World title wins and everything else literally handed to him because he married into the McMahon Family 14 years ago nearly.

I remember how he consistently buried Owen Hart at Wrestle Mania 14 and then Unforgiven in 1998, he won both matches but were they clean? Nope.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:26 AM
Intercontinental Champion

The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich the UK WWE Fan View Post
HHH doesn't deserve anything IMO.

He gets World title wins and everything else literally handed to him because he married into the McMahon Family 14 years ago nearly.

I remember how he consistently buried Owen Hart at Wrestle Mania 14 and then Unforgiven in 1998, he won both matches but were they clean? Nope.
This is the kind of argument I find so annoying. Some people talk about HHH as if he was Barry Horowitz and would have had zero success if not for his relationship with Stephanie McMahon. Did HHH benefit professionally from the relationship? Sure he did, but it's not like he wasn't a great wrestler anyway. He still worked hard, he still put on great matches, he still gave a great promo. It's not like he just gave up and became lazy once he married into the family.

As for the feud with Owen, HHH should have gone over. He was a star on the rise and Owen's best days were behind him. If this forum existed in 1998 people would have bitched up a storm if Owen went over the young talented HHH. And I feel I need to remind you that angle took place long before HHH and Stephanie had any kind of relationship.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:20 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

There is an element of politicking for WM2000, as Jericho was originally advertised in Foley's spot and it's been long implied Trips was the one who got him removed. After all, Foley had retired the previous month. This was "paid back" to Jericho with his "win that never was" a couple of weeks later, Trips did the job for him but got the title back by the end of the night. That night was very interesting as it did show that Jericho was over enough to have had that Mania spot, there weren't many bigger pops than when he won the title...

Trips deserved that one for sure, but whether he deserved to go over Jericho at 18 is very debateable. Everyone concerned openly admits Hogan/Rock should have gone on last, but they didn't know what was gonna happen. If there was politicking invovled, it was for Trips to go over, rather than placing the match last.

After that, he has as valid a claim as any main eventer.