Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Trash
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 11:14 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Closed, if nothing else due to the amount of posts Renaissance reported complaining about people criticizing whatever his theory is.

Also closed because I lost track of whatever nonsense he was talking about ten seconds in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2016, 11:17 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

You can't even begin to put the two of them together. When Cena debuted against Angle he wasn't over. He got himself over after going out time and time again and proving himself, also changing his gimmick helped. I believe it was when he won the US title at Mania, is when he was really over and the push started. He hasn't disappointed us in almost 12 years on the roster.

In contrast Roman Reigns yea won the tag titles with Rollins, but he didn't put in the effort that Cena did in order to get the initial push. In other words McMahon saw him as being cheered at the Rumble two years ago as a reason to go with him. If he had really looked at it like everyone else did, he would have seen that Attila the Hun would have received the same cheers that Reigns did. The fans didn't want Batista to win, so it didn't matter who was in the final two.

That's what started us down this road and the Reigns push. I do believe he would have been pushed eventually, but that cheer at the Rumble put him on the fast track, and I wish it hadn't happened, because it's hurt him. In over a year of trying to get his guy over, by using everyone they can, he is still in the same position he was last year.

He might be Vince's Chosen One, but he isn't the fans, and the more they try to push him out there, the more fans will push back. I like Reigns and wish it had happened differently, but we are were we are, and it's seriously time to stop, stand back and have a look at what's happening. Other good wrestlers are being ignored to focus on Reigns and that shouldn't be happening. Let the fans go to Reigns on their own, you can't tell people what and who to like.

I'm afraid that now Reigns is truly Cena 2.0 there is nothing else they can do for him. He will always get the cheers and boo's wherever he goes. I'm reading comments from fans that used to like the guy, but now they are sick to death of everything revolving around him, and more and more will eventually turn away from him. It's time for Vince to stop thinking about his own ego and start thinking about the fact the product is going to hell in a handbasket because of it.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2016, 11:23 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
Closed, if nothing else due to the amount of posts Renaissance reported complaining about people criticizing whatever his theory is.

Also closed because I lost track of whatever nonsense he was talking about ten seconds in.
Closed?

Oh I hurt Mr. Authority's sentiments.

Just because you don't understand or appreciate something doesn't mean it's "nonsense".

But since you're an online Authority, you can get away with it can't you?
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2016, 11:25 PM
#SwerveKing
WWE Diva's Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissanceman4life View Post
When it comes to John Cena, I think he's a mediocre wrestler, from the perspective of pure in-ring skills and not performance which includes elements like "working the crowd" and "getting reactions".
Wrestling is fake. Everything is a performance. You basically just said, exlcuding the entirety of what wrestling is about, John Cena isn't good a wrestling. It's a work. It's fake. It's a performance. Working the crowd and getting a reaction are literally the only things that are relevant.

Quote:
John Cena is mediocre because he doesn't wrestle how Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Benoit, Lesnar, or Bryan do.
How do they wrestle? Lesnar, Orton and Bryan all have vastly different styles. There is no common thread connecting these people. Also, "He doesn't wrestle like my favorite guys" isn't a fucking argument you idiot.

Quote:
John Cena is mediocre because his core moveset sucks, including the 5 knuckle shuffle, the two shoulder knockdowns he does, and that backdrop. It's the most terrible core moveset I have ever seen.
Austin's core moveset was the Stunner and punching people. Is Austin mediocre? Also John Cena has a comeback sequence because he's a babyface. Every babyface in the history of wrestling has a ceomback sequence. Heels getting heat and babyfaces mounting comebacks are where the drama in a wrestling match comes from. Again, it's a work, it's entirely about telling a story and an emotional investment. Bret Hart had a comeback (russian elgsweep, atomic drop, elbow from second rope), Shawn Michaels had a comeback (flying forearm, atomic drop, scoop slam), Hulk Hogan had a coemback (hulking up, three punches, big boot). Babyfaces have comebacks.

Also let's really take a look at Cena's moveset. Here are a list of his commonly used moves on wikipedia.
Attitude Adjustment
STF
Protobomb (also known as "that backdrop")
Cenacanrana (hurricanrana)
Diving leg drop bulldog
Dropkick
Emerald Flowsion
Five Knuckle Shuffle (Running delayed fist drop, with theatrics, sometimes diving from the top rope)
Half nelson dropped into a neckbreaker
Multiple suplex variations
Belly-to-back
Fisherman
Gutwrench
Side belly-to-belly
Vertical, sometimes while delaying
Running leaping shoulder block
Running one–handed bulldog
Sitout hip toss
Sitout powerbomb
Spinebuster – 2002–2005; used rarely thereafter
Springboard stunner – 2015–present
Sunset flip powerbomb – 2015–present
Throwback (Running neck snap to a bent–over opponent) – 2002–2011
Tornado DDT

Last edited by Sexcellence of Sexecution : 01-26-2016 at 11:32 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2016, 11:30 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Just because you don't understand or appreciate something doesn't mean it's "nonsense".
Sweet irony.

Just because you don't appreciate the way John Cena or Roman Reigns wrestle doesn't mean they are terrible wrestlers.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2016, 11:32 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

John Cena is a great wrestler. You can't deny that; it's a fact.

Roman Reigns is a pretty good wrestler and is improving.

Daniel Bryan had his moment at WM30, so he didn't need it last year.

What was the point of your post? It was just a bunch of ridiculously false points that weren't related.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2016, 11:32 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Okay now here me out. Listen, the word conspiracy is a bit strong here.

You're actually saying that the WWE won't push the fan favourites, but instead will push their own guys. Wrong. WWE will push the guys that bring in more money. Roman Reigns sells merch, that's why he's in the main event scene right now. Dean sells merch, that's why he's a co-main event/upper midcard champ.

You argue about Roman Reigns/Daniel Bryan. I think you're forgetting the fact that Bryan defeated Orton, Batista and Triple H in one night. I think that you also forget that Bryan was in for a lengthy run as a World Champ back then.

I guess your Roman/Bryan arguements has roots from the 2015 Royal Rumble. Yeah I wanted Bryan to win back then as well, but WWE is a company and they must invest in their future.
You people seem to forget that Brock Lesnar's contract was set to expire by Wrestlemania 31. Which means that at the time the Royal Rumble winner had to be a guy that was to beat Brock Lesnar. You're telling me that the WWE should have Bryan, who just returned from a career ending injury, beat Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania? Thank god that didn't happen, since Bryan got re-injured.

Roman was the best pick back then as much as everyone hated it. Actually not the best, but one of the best. Dean was also a nice fit.

WWE didn't ingnore Bryan. His injuries fucked him up.

Your Kurt Angle rant now.
By 2005, Kurt Angle was a 4-time World Champion. That meant something back then. Plus he had a hell lot other accomplishments in his back. Yeah, Kurt didn't really deserve the booking he got in 2005, but he was a main event player for like 5 years and the WWE were looking to bring in a new era, that's why Cena defeated Kurt.

Plus Kurt Angle had a lot of neck issues which really made him injury prone and exhausted and all that exhaustion led him to WWE having to send him to ECW in order to tone down his schedule, but the end result was Kurt leaving for TNA.
Reason Kurt Angle never became #1 guy? Again, neck issues. Plus Kurt Angle never actually reached a long-running connection with the fans like Cena, Austin, Rock or many other greats did.

You then bring in Punk, like what happened in 2011 was all Punk's work, when in reality it was a work and not a shoot and Cena had a lot of say in it. It was Cena who came up with the idea of feuding with CM Punk in a similar way he feuded with Y2J in 2005, before his contract expired. The angle was all a work. So technically, it was WWE who pushed Punk. Of course there's that 434 days reign as a champion, that probably won't be surpassed for the next 20 years, so yeah, he really didn't get a push at all.

I want you to name one wrestler more worthy than Roman Reigns that deserves to be in Roman's shoes from the current roster.
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread