WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-21-2016, 07:04 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I don't think Balor or Bayley will be on the roster until after WrestleMania. Some reports have addressed this as there's some confusion, allegedly, about what to do with Balor. Said reports state that he's ready for the main roster and has been for quite a while, yet he's also doing such excellent work in NXT that there really isn't anyone to sort of "replace" him at that same level right now. At the same time, however, Balor's 34 years old and while he's still quite a young man, realistically speaking, he probably only has 4 or 5 years in which he'll be used/viewed as a strong commodity in WWE; Balor, like others, have put over NXT in various interviews in saying that he's "happy" there and while he may believe that NXT is the superior overall product right now, he's only making somewhere around $25,000 a year there, so he can't stay in NXT if he wants to make some serious money and if he isn't brought to the main roster in 2016, it wouldn't surprise me if he asks for his release.

As for Bayley, she's only 26 years old and she's so fresh right now. She's benefitted from NXT's consistently strong booking in that she's a classic babyface that fans have rallied around; that's something that's becoming all the more difficult to do in wrestling today and even more so due to the inconsistency and convolution of WWE booking at various times. For instance, if the Divas Revolution angle had been handled with Triple H and Ryan Ward making the final booking decisions, there's a very good possibility that it would've been an flat out epic storyline rather than one that achieved mixed success. If Vince and his team, though primarily Vince, allows Bayley to keep the core of who she is without trying to Divafy her into some sort of glamorous character, she'll ultimately be just fine.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:34 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Rocky84 is looking to come up from OCW...Rocky84 is looking to come up from OCW...Rocky84 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
I don't think Balor or Bayley will be on the roster until after WrestleMania. Some reports have addressed this as there's some confusion, allegedly, about what to do with Balor. Said reports state that he's ready for the main roster and has been for quite a while, yet he's also doing such excellent work in NXT that there really isn't anyone to sort of "replace" him at that same level right now. At the same time, however, Balor's 34 years old and while he's still quite a young man, realistically speaking, he probably only has 4 or 5 years in which he'll be used/viewed as a strong commodity in WWE; Balor, like others, have put over NXT in various interviews in saying that he's "happy" there and while he may believe that NXT is the superior overall product right now, he's only making somewhere around $25,000 a year there, so he can't stay in NXT if he wants to make some serious money and if he isn't brought to the main roster in 2016, it wouldn't surprise me if he asks for his release.

As for Bayley, she's only 26 years old and she's so fresh right now. She's benefitted from NXT's consistently strong booking in that she's a classic babyface that fans have rallied around; that's something that's becoming all the more difficult to do in wrestling today and even more so due to the inconsistency and convolution of WWE booking at various times. For instance, if the Divas Revolution angle had been handled with Triple H and Ryan Ward making the final booking decisions, there's a very good possibility that it would've been an flat out epic storyline rather than one that achieved mixed success. If Vince and his team, though primarily Vince, allows Bayley to keep the core of who she is without trying to Divafy her into some sort of glamorous character, she'll ultimately be just fine.

$25,000??? No way he's making that little...that's like $10 an hour. That's insanely unrealistic. He's gotta be pulling in a minimum of at least $75,000...he's the champ and top draw for goodness sake.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:33 AM
DON'T HINDER JINDER
WWE Women's Champion

shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via ICQ to shafe_41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky84 View Post
$25,000??? No way he's making that little...that's like $10 an hour. That's insanely unrealistic. He's gotta be pulling in a minimum of at least $75,000...he's the champ and top draw for goodness sake.
Agreed. There's no way he's making $25,000. That's almost welfare money. I can see an NXT jobber making maybe $25,000 where he spends all his time training at the performance center. Because I believe in NXT, WWE springs for travel expenses for them as well. When you come up to the main roster, they continue to do so for three months or so to help get your feet under you.

Balor isn't going to be anything more on the main roster than Jeff Hardy. If he's champion, he's going to be a transitional guy just to appease the crowds and shut them up for a month or two. At 34, he's not spring chicken. Once all his Bullet Club guys hit the roster, then maybe something else will happen and they build a strong stable and he can surprise some people. But like someone above said, it'll be after Mania and they'll have to have a concrete plan for him or he's going to end up in John Morrison territory. Someone above said you don't have anyone to replace Balor yet. You don't need a guy to replace him at the top. You'll build him. Gotta have that heel champion take the title off Balor first. And honestly... Baron Corbin is that guy. Watching people chase the title around and try to take it off a heel like Corbin would be fantastic.

Bayley has grown on me more than anybody in NXT. I didn't really get it at first. But now her music hits, she does her little hands thing, and I'll crack a smile. I enjoy watching her. In all honesty, I could see her being a female version of Cena. She's just so damn likable. But also... after Mania.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:15 AM
Million Dollar Champion

MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think it's too early for a few reasons.

1) I actually want to see FInn turn heel in NXT first.

2) The Main Roster is too cluttered with performers in the upper-mid card right now. Just look at what happened with Tyler Breeze. n

As for Bayley, I think it's too early also because the Main Roster hasn't utilized Sasha yet. If Bayley moves up, one will be lost in the shuffle. But also, Sasha, Charlotte and Becky moving up at the same time left a void in the NXT women's division...so intense, that for some reason they just made Carmella the #1 contender (WTF!).

There's no hurry.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:23 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to Heartbreak_Kid_707

Bayley said in an interview not long ago that she would want to stay in nxt.

But I think there no divas revolution left after bayley..with Balor, there's a couple he could fued with in nxt I think.

Last edited by Heartbreak_Kid_707 : 01-22-2016 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:29 AM
Million Dollar Champion

MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...

While it made for some entertaining programming, I really think NXT dropped the ball with Alexa Bliss. When Blake and Murphy got involved in that one episode, it was intense and compelling...and over 2 weeks later...

Nevertheless, Bayley can always have a feud with Emma...although I think her ultimate defeat will come at the hands of Asuka. I'm still trying to find out why they're giving Carmella that shot, when she's been mostly jobbing for awhile.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:40 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
POINT TO PONDER: If those two wrestlers got married, would she then be known as Bayley Balor?
Wow! I am gonna love them more if it happens. I have always loved the idea of my favorite male star getting married happily with my favorite female star.

As for the OP, its a Yes! for Finn Balor due to injured main roster stars and No! for Bayley due to already mismanaged the so-called Divas Revolution!

Old 01-26-2016, 08:08 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

NXT is more brand based, wereas the Main Roster needs stars (which is hilarious, since WWE corporate has done everything they can to make it the opposite, and failed)

NXT will remain hot with their big boys (and gals) moving forward. The show is JUST as much about the way people are used as the people themselves. I can not be told that WrestleMania this year would not be helped by Balor, as well as a possible incredible showdown in the womens division between Bayley and Charolette.

NXT is prepared for another big re-stock, and while I won't post spoilers, you will all see quite soon what I mean. I fully expect to see Balor on the RAW after Mania. If not, he may never come up at all, owing to his age.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:11 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky84 View Post
Developmental contracts, last time the info was available, were 50k. The talents also make money off merch sales, and individual raises are given out (or which im POSITIVE Balor has been the beneficiary of)

I can see more incentivized raises happening as the brand continues to grow, modeled a lot like the old territories.