WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-24-2015, 04:19 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexcellence of Sexecution View Post
Undertaker vs. John Cena is a true main event in every sense of the term, so it'll be great to see that match finally happen. Would it have been even more dramatic if Undertaker went up against the unstoppable Cena with the Streak still alive? You bet your sweet ass it would be, but it's still a huge match regardless. Undertaker is legitimately a living legend and John Cena is legitimately the biggest star of the modern era and they haven't really crossed paths. They had one match I think back in like 03 when Cena was a midcarder and Taker was a biker, but it was completely different context and it was more than a decade ago. So this is a big deal.

As far as Triple H goes, I honestly have zero interest in seeing Triple H wrestle and if he were to never compete again I would be completely fine with it. Here's the thing, Triple H is a manufactured legend. In truth, he isn't as significant in the history of wrestling as he probably thinks he is. He's not a draw, he's never been a draw. And no matter how hard he tries to be, he's not Ric Flair. It might seem hard to believe, but I am a fan of Triple H. He had a great run as a heel, and he's a ring general. But as a star he's obviously not on the same level as guys like Lesnar, Cena and Undertaker, no matter how much the WWE pretends that he is. Triple H was definitely supposed to turn babyface and wrestle Seth Rollins this year, they were clearly planting seeds for that, but now that Rollins is out it will be Triple H vs. Roman Reigns. At least Triple H will be the heel, which is his natural role, but you just know that in his head he's thinking "Alright, I'm going to make this guy." Because he thinks he's Ric Flair, and he thinks he'll be able to make Reigns like Flair made Sting and Luger.

Unlike Triple H, Brock Lesnar is a huge star and he is a huge draw. And he's someone the fans legitimately get behind as a babyface. He can end the Streak and show up whenever he wants and he's still the biggest babyface in wrestling. So Lesnar's match at WrestleMania 32, which is supposed to be the biggest show of all time, is pretty fucking important. Of course, we have no real clue as to what it will be. Fuck.
See, before the Seth Rollins injury, I'm fairly certain this was the plan for WrestleMania 32:
Triple H vs. Seth Rollins
Cena vs. Undertaker
Lesnar vs. Reigns for the World Title
That would be a pretty stacked card, and would have a decent chance at legitimately selling out a 100000 seat stadium. But then Seth Rollins broke his leg. Naturally you'd think this wouldn't be that big a deal. Rollins vs. Triple H, while deifnitely a good matchup, was the least important of those three big matches. So you scrap plans for that and move forward with your other two main events, right? But then Triple H doesn't get a nice payday and ego stroke for WrestleMania 32. So you've got to rearrange things. Cancel the plans for Triple H going face, make him a heel again and have him face Reigns instead of Rollins. What about Brock Lesnar? Fuck him I guess.

Now Brock is stuck in a situation where there's no clear opponent for him and he'll probably face a midcarder like Sheamus or Kevin Owens. Instead of figuring out a backup plan for Triple H, we're figuring out a backup plan for Lesnar. Which is fucked up because Lesnar is clearly the bigger draw. Triple H could've easily been slotted in to face Ambrose instead of Rollins, especially given the fact that he's staying heel now. Could Lesnar vs. Owens be a solid matchup? Sure. If it's built properly. We'll just have to wait and see if that's the case. It's gonna take a lot to make anybody in the midcard seem like a credible threat to Lesnar though, and they're running short on time.

The issue with Triple H is he's not relatable to the fans. He spent the better part of his career as a heel and I think that killed him in terms of testing if he could have been a draw. I never liked him in DX and initally his gimmick at the time and DX wasn't a fit at all. He is an all-time great heel and an amazing worker in the ring.

John Cena looks like the good guy you'd want to run a charity with, Stone Cold looks like someone you'd have fun at the bar with or at a tailgate, The Rock looks like a guy you'd want with you to pick up women, while Mick Foley is someone you could go camping and fishing with. The point is when I look at those guys I can sympathize with them.

With Triple H it was never that. Even when I name off stars of yesteryear his name is further on down that list. We got face Triple H in short burst and that was mainly when he was rolling with DX. But a heel is fitting for him and I'm sure he's a good guy kayfabe but I never purchased a ticket to the countless Raws, PPVs or house shows hoping to see Triple H.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:17 PM

KromyD is looking to come up from OCW...KromyD is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Lesnar View Post
Maybe they should stop relying on the part timers to draw people in?

If they had been creating Wrestlemania moments with the new talent over the past five years instead of shortsightedly worrying about that WM's specific buy rate, maybe a main event not featuring HHH/Lesnar/Taker/Rock would be enough to put asses in the seats?

I say they're gonna do

Cena vs. Taker
Reigns vs. HHH
Kevin Owens or Bray Wyatt vs. Brock Lesnar
Owens or Wyatt (whoever doesn't face Lesnar) vs. Randy Orton

That's a relatively interesting main event set up.
You cant really knock what WWE are currently doing, you cant say in 5 years if WWE can keep these superstars, Wyatt/Reigns/Owens/Balor/Zayn/Ambrose/Rollins all will be worthy of top 3 matches at Mania IMO, than add future part timers they could do 1 offs with Orton, HHH, Rock, Batista, Daniel Bryan & Lesnar WWE will be fine with there position.

Orton will be out for this Mania, didnt his second surgery add another 9 months to rehab? For mine, WWE could do a successful WM32 with the below matches...

"Main Event" Casket match
*John Cena VS The Undertaker

WWEWHC title match
*Roman Reigns VS HHH w/ The Authority

Bray Wyatt VS *Finn Balor

Special guest referee; Stone Cold Steve Austin
*Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman VS Sheamus w/ Colin McGregor

Intercontinental title match
*Dean Ambrose VS Chris Jericho

Along with a Sasha Banks win, a 10th Dudley boys reign for the next PPV at Extreme Rules, the annual ATGBR and a mumble jumble with 8 superstars for the U.S title and i think we have a solid Wrestlmania, question is tho and its probably what WWE are asking is will it sell 100,000+ tickets?

Last edited by KromyD : 12-24-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:35 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Chris Jericho is a possibility. Recall him costing his team with Reigns and Ambrose the match and then shoulder bumping Ambrose on the way out of the ring. I'd love to see Jericho heeling it up, and maybe even unthinkably siding with his career-long enemies HHH and Stephanie as a way to freshen him up. Have it be for the IC title with Jericho getting his 10th reign at some point during the feud.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:12 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

While it's true that Taker vs. Cena has nothing at stake other than pride, it'll still be a huge draw because it's a match people have wanted to see for years. While it's true the streak is no more and it'd probably be an even bigger draw if it was still intact, it'll still be a big draw for WrestleMania regardless.

I could see Reigns vs. Triple H, but Trips going over would be a HUGE step backwards for Reigns and the young guys on the roster as a whole. With the exception of Sting, what Triple H has done for the past couple of years is put over other guys. He's done it with Daniel Bryan, he's done it with the members of the Shield and having him win the title from Reigns just does damage all around. Reigns beat up Triple H, he beat up his father in law, he doesn't give Stephanie the satisfaction of seeing him sweat, etc. They'll score some victories here & there over Reigns during the course of this program, if it's what's gonna happen for WrestleMania, but Reigns needs to go over Trips.

As for Brock Lesnar, again, there's been talk of Lesnar against Kevin Owens and that could be highly interesting. If they're going to have Lesnar face someone, I'd personally rather see him face someone who has something to gain by being in the ring with him and WWE is packed full with guys like that. I have absolutely ZERO interest, personally, in seeing take on the Rock as it's nothing more to me than a clash of mercenaries. I get that it'll be a huge draw, I can understand that and at least respect it for that if it's a direction WWE goes in but, as a fan, I don't give a shit about Rock vs. Brock. As I've said in other threads, I'm not overly concerned with nostalgia; I'm more concerned with using the star power associated with that nostalgia to help cement guys in the present who're gonna be carrying WWE in the future.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria