WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 PM
WWE Women's Champion

MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post

The first time I saw Eddy was in Lucha Libre a long , long time ago in a tag team match. Back then he was good but was overshadowed by his tag team partner...I can't remember his name ...he wore American tights to the ring... anyway , this guy did an amazing frog splash off of the top rope for his finishing move, way better than Eddy could ever dream of pulling off. I think that's the reason Eddy did the move, was from this guy way back doing this incredible frog splash.
Look in my sig.

His name was Art Barr, and yes as amazing as Eddie was (and he was absolutely one of the best ever), Art was better.

Eddie learned so much from Art, and vice versa Art learned from Eddie too. Both were kids from wrestling families. Eddie knew the high flying Lucha style. Art the big bump American style. Together they blended them into something that no one had really seen before and they were incredible.

The thing is, back then Art was probably as good inside the ring as Eddie ever was, but Eddie back then was no where near as good in the ring as he eventually became. It really makes one wonder how much better Art could have been.

Outside the ring is where Eddie really took everything to the next level though. Then again, that's part of what made Los Gringos Locos so damn great. Just that look you mentioned, with the American flag tights. A team of American Flag draped, star spangled obnoxious heels in the middle of Mexico? They were masters at drawing heat, and Eddie learned so much of what he was later able to incorporate into Latino Heat from that time.

Getting away from that though, the OP wanted a favorite Eddie moment? There's so many, but there's one bit he had that always brings a smile to my face. The bit where he would get a chair when the ref was distracted, make out like he was going to hit his opponent... then hit the mat with the chair, throw it at the unsuspecting opponent, then drop to the mat quickly like he'd been hit. The ref turns around, catches the opponent red handed with the chair, and disqualifies him.

Never gets old for me.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:37 PM
Intercontinental Champion

The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...

I saw there were already ten replies here so there was no need to mention it but to my surprise I don't see any mention of Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio from Halloween Havoc 97. Have you guys not seen this or was it just too obvious to mention. If you haven't seen it drop what you're doing and go watch it. You won't be disappointed.

I also think his feud with Edge in 2002 is overlooked. They had some solid matches including a good streetfight on Smackdown.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:35 AM
Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to agentmichaelscarn

By far my favorite match of his is him vs. Rey at Halloween Havoc 97. That is probably in my top 5 matches of all time. For main stream wrestling in the U.S. it was so ahead of it's time.

Edit: I replied before looking at page 2 and I see that The Brain mentioned it right above me. That's crazy that we were the only ones to think of that match.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:47 PM
.you.lose.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
I also think his feud with Edge in 2002 is overlooked. They had some solid matches including a good streetfight on Smackdown.
Aside from Brock vs Eddie, which has already been mentioned, Edge vs Eddie and RVD vs Eddie were two great 2002 feuds. The frog splash vs (5 star) frog splash angle was fun, and the street fight with Edge was included on both Eddie and Edge's DVDs.

Great to see how many moments he left us.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Daniel Bryan

LOS ANGELES LAKERS is looking to come up from OCW...

The great Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. is definately one of the most talented performers of all time and here are my favorite Eddie Guerrero matches:

vs. Chris Jericho, WCW Fall Brawl
vs. Rey Mysterio, WCW Halloween Havoc
vs. Brock Lesnar, WWE No Way Out
vs. Kurt Angle, WrestleMania XX

Last edited by LOS ANGELES LAKERS : 12-02-2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Wanted to make minor changes
Old 12-16-2015, 07:24 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Ive enjoyed watching him since his AAA days with Art Barr when I used to have to order the pirated vhs videos of the events seeing as internet hadn't really taken off yet in those days and followed him through to ECW and Japan as the Black Tiger then WCW and then WWE, I would say my personal favourite moments was towards the end with the cheat to win and Los Guerreros team.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:09 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I enjoyed his matches with Dean Malenko. Have to roll with the Cruiserweight title match Eddie had against Malenko at Starrcade '97. Malenko at the time was considered the best at any level. It was a great bout from bell to bell and overall a great match to open up the show with. The fans were really into it and that particular Starrcade will always be my favorite Starrcade.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

Eddie vs Dean Malenko in their last ECW match before heading to WCW remains one of my favorite matches period. They never beat this effort despite having MANY matches in WCW.

I also loved his match against Edge in the cage on Smackdown, brutal match, excellent results.