WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm surprised more people around here aren't salivating over this. Besides KO being an IWC darling, the match would be a hard hitting, but occasionally technical one. I think it would make for 4 stars easily. I think KO's pop up powerbomb looks terrible, but I know Lesnar could do it just fine. Throw in the promos between Heyman and KO and it would definitely be an entertaining feud.

Now is it going to happen? Not for the WWEWHC I think. But they don't need it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:13 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I have to admit that I'm intrigued though, like many others, I have my doubts at this point in time.

On one hand, it does seem like a bit of an odd pairing when you consider that Owens has only been on the main roster for less than a year while Brock Lesnar has decimated long term, long established main event names like Triple H, Big Show, CM Punk, John Cena and the Undertaker and young stars who're going to be helping to carry the company in the future like Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns. While it's true that Owens is Intercontinental Champion and that MIGHT be a sign of bigger things ahead for him, it just sounds odd right now.

On the other hand, it'd be an opportunity to truly elevate Kevin Owens in a short amount of time that no title except the WWE WHC could match. I know a lot of people have complained about younger, up & coming guys like Owens not having gotten shots at Lesnar in the past with the result being a series of matches with Trips, Cena & Taker. WWE is hurting for young stars to elevate and to establish as guys who'll help carry the company and this would be a novel opportunity to see if that can happen with Owens.

It's a bit of an oxymoron really when you consider all those who say they want to see younger guys get a shot with someone like Lesnar, yet look at how often the arguments like "he doesn't have the credibility" or "he isn't believable" against Lesnar come up; the alternative is more of the same with Lesnar taking on big, established mega stars who don't really have anything to gain or lose with the program. I know all a lot of fans want is everything but, surprise, it can't work out. You can't have someone who's a young, rising, up & comer while simultaneously a firmly established main event name.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgreece View Post
There is an article on the main site that reports that the company in maybe looking to run a Brock Lesnar vs Kevin Owens angle for Wrestlemania 32.

It also states other matches being discussed are Cena vs Undertaker and Reigns vs Triple H.

On Lesnar vs Owens
I wouldn't mind seeing these two compete against each other at some point in time. However Wrestlemania 32 seems to soon for me, as Owens has been with the company for less than a year. Nonetheless, WWE needs new stars. Owens has been wrestling for 15 years now and I'm sure he's more than capable for a main event run, even if that's going to start with Brock Lesnar.

But it leaves me with some questions:
a) Where does that leave the IC Title? Maybe Owens drops the belt to Ambrose or he still keeps the belt only to compete in a non title match? I'd prefer the first scenario, since I'd like to see the IC Championship defended.

b) If the matches are Lesnar vs Owens, HHH vs Reigns and Taker vs Cena, where does that leave the WWE World Heavyweight Championship? Will Sheamus still be champion? If so, which face is going to face him? WWE doesn't seem to have any big faces..
Or do you think we could see WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs IC Champion & Royal Rumble winner Kevin Owens, in a title vs title match?

So many possibilities here and so many questions..
The match would be good but I don't know how this match would happen. Owens (after he finishes his feud with Dean) screws Brock winning the title again? That seems something like Bray would do.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:31 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

One possible way I could see this going about could happen at the Royal Rumble. Let's say that Owens pulls double duty and successfully defends the IC title and is part of the Royal Rumble match itself; he does well in the Rumble and either winds up eliminating or helping to eliminate Brock Lesnar. Lesnar is pissed, sees he won't have another opportunity at being WWE Champion for the 5th time, climbs back into the ring eliminates Owens, the two of them start brawling and have to be separated by officials, etc. Or, vice versa and Owens is eliminated by Lesnar and sees his own dreams of being WWE World & Intercontinental Champion via winning at WrestleMania go up in smoke. He climbs back in, eliminates Lesnar and we have the beginnings of a feud that culminates at WrestleMania. It's simple, easy to follow and logical when you consider the egos of both men in question.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria