WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-29-2015, 10:02 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

Obviously Hogan. No one ever thought he would turn and WCW had tried a darker Hogan before and it didn't really work so no one saw this coming.

I think one that is really shocking but for bad reasons was the Austin turn when he sided with Vince. Certainly no one thought that would happen but really there was no reason for it to happen too which is why it was so shocking. It came out of nowhere and made no sense - sounds like modern booking.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:52 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BestWrestlingOpinions is looking to come up from OCW...BestWrestlingOpinions is looking to come up from OCW...BestWrestlingOpinions is looking to come up from OCW...BestWrestlingOpinions is looking to come up from OCW...BestWrestlingOpinions is looking to come up from OCW...

The obvious candidate here is Hogan.

If we would let this to the side, then I'd say Cm Punk at Raw 1000. To me, it wasn't exactly a heel turn at that point, but it was the start of it. If I remember correctly, the complete heel turn came after a couple of months.

It was kind of shocking though, and really needed. Punk went from the cutting edge pipebomb guy to the complete semi-boring babyface that didn't fit his character or what he had become. It was executed at the right time, with the right people and Punk with Heyman delivered.

The Rollins turn was also kinda unexpected. If anything, it was around the time where the Shield was gaining a lot of momentum and I didn't think they would break them up at that point. Of course, there wasn't anyone around to challenge the Shield, so it was probably a smart choice, but Rollins turning was the most shocking. You would expect Ambrose or Reigns to turn.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:25 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with the majority, Nobody in my opinion has even come close to Hogan's heel turn, My second choice was maybe Vince Mcmahon's turn as I wasn't expecting that one.
Another choice is the the Bret Hart turn against Steve Austin match at Wrestlemania with both wrestlers changing sides during the match although not as shocking as I could see it coming but it was enjoyble to watch.