WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-26-2015, 07:33 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

For me it has to be Goldberg's heel turn. WCW did it for Hogan-like shock value, but all it did was shock the fans for they were surprised WCW did something so stupid. It failed as some people cheered Goldberg (since he had a right to be angry with Hogan and Nash) and the turn lasted about 2 months, plus, Goldberg was still a hot face at the time, so why turn him?? That made little sense, when Hogan turned he was already being booed, Goldberg however wasn't. WCW should've had him chasing Jarrett for his title.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:09 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Brie Bella's unexplained heel turn on AJ at last year's Survivor Series - not so much that she helped her sister win the title (she was her 'slave' in the storyline, so that made sense); more that she then aligned herself with her sister straight away, as if the previous three months of storyline development had never happened. That is when a turn is truly horrible, when it completely contradicts the preceding storyline that it was built into.

An honourable mention to all those wrestlers who magically switched personalities, from heel to face or vice versa, during the Brand Extension era, simply because they got drafted to a different show. A few did this, often when tag teams were split (D-Von Dudley turned heel in 2002 simply because he got drafted to Smackdown; John Morrison went face in 2009 when he was drafted to Raw, etc) but not always tag teams - I'm sure I remember Mark Henry turning purely because he moved shows. Didn't make much sense. A more interesting turn would be to have, say, a face D-Von (for example) get rejected and made to feel unwelcome, for whatever reason, thus causing resentment culminating in a heel turn.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:04 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

Worst heel turn for me would be Stone Cold Steve Austin in 2001 when he turned heel at WrestleMania 17 but the worst face turn would have to be Randy Orton in 2004 when he turned babyface after Evolution turned on Orton
Old 11-29-2015, 11:05 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

My worst turn? Last week in the office when i turned heel on my team ...

I have to go with Austin when he joined with Vince. I mentioned it in another post - it came out of nowhere and made no sense. It was a preview of modern booking in that they turned someone purely for the shock value and then tried to figure out a reason why but it just didn't work.