WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-12-2015, 06:38 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Reigns was the wrong choice. The fans didn't turn on Reigns just because Bryan was eliminated and Reigns was shoved down their throats. It's because Bryan lasted ten minutes, then Dean Ambrose lasted five, and Dolph Ziggler lasted two. I was in the front row for the Rumble and Reigns' hate was NUCLEAR, not just because of himself, but because everyone the crowd wanted was booked like garbage. The three most popular guys in the match were all made to look like jokes so WWE could say, "You WILL get Roman Reigns at WrestleMania, and you WILL like it", and of course nobody wanted it.

I disagree about the WM31 main event. I've never hated a main event match at a WrestleMania so much, with the exception of WM2 and WM11, the first of which I wasn't old enough to see live, since I was a fetus until about two months later. It was slow, plodding, boring, and generic. It was worse than house show level matches. Only Rollins' cashing in saved it from being an utter disaster. A lot of fans love the WM31 main event because "It was so much better than I expected!". Well, I went in expecting a 0 on a scale of 1-10, and got a 1.5. So was it better than expected? Yes...but a piece of crap is still a piece of crap.

Daniel Bryan out-wrestling Brock Lesnar would have been a better story and believable. Dolph Ziggler out-performing Brock Lesnar would have been a better match and believable. As much as I hate him, even Dean Ambrose out-fighting Brock Lesnar would have been better, and believable. But Roman Reigns, who can't wrestle OR perform OR fight, out-fighting Brock Lesnar? Laughable, and not in any way believable. After an otherwise fantastic WrestleMania, the main event was a massive letdown and a piece of crap. It was like a meal - the appetizers were delicious, the side dishes were delicious, the main course was delicious...but the chocolate cake for dessert to close out the meal was made from shit instead of chocolate.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

2 thing would've been absolutely necessary for it to go over in a good way, and it still wouldn't guarantee it.

1) Reigns not getting injured. It killed all his momentum and denied him a chance at a really good feud leading up to the Rumble win.

2) DB couldn't return before the Rumble. He was still riding the YES movement wave and fans were going to shit on most anything that wasn't him.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:20 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Frish View Post
They should have kept Bryan out of the Rumble, let him heal up a bit more. Focus the build towards the rumble on almost anyone but Reigns.
i agree 100%. that was my issue with the Royal Rumble. the fact is (love him or hate him) that Bryan was a major fan favorite at the time. the fans wanted to see HIM win or they would start to boo. the BEST booking decision would've been to avoid even having Bryan in the rumble, give him more time to heel, bring him back at Wrestlemania, have him wrestle Kane at MANIA, no matches until WM for Bryan, that would've had the fans wanting Bryan and would've made it interesting. as for the rumble itself, Reigns winning it wasnt the issue, it was the booking. dont have Show and Kane dominate it, have it be a great rumble match where Ambrose gets rid of kane and have Ambrose and Ziggler in the end eliminate each other to leave Show and Reigns where Reigns wins. that would've been better booking. have Ambrose and Ziggler last a long time in the match and have their desire for the championship cost them because they battle over the top rope...in other words, dont have anyone, but themselves eliminate them. Big Show and Kane dominating like they did caused much more channel changing heat in that match then anything.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:06 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Who else was there really? Other than Bryan, Ziggler had no chance, Ambrose was not nearly ready to headline Mania, Rusev was US champ, Cena had already faced Lesnar three times that year... Reigns was really the only choice they could have gone with OTHER than DB.

Now if we're comparing the two in hindsight, yes Reigns was obviously the better choice. Knowing what we know now about Daniel Bryan's neck and concussion issues, a 20 minute trip to Suplex City wouldn't have done his body any favors. Lesnar continues to roll as an unstoppable beast thanks to Mania 31's alternate ending and two new stars are created in Reigns and Rollins. A Bryan win would have likely led to him actually pinning Brock and than VACATING THE TITLE RIGHT AFTER. What a friggin disaster that would have been.

At the time, I could understand people being upset. They wanted to be entertained NOW and screw the long-term. Bryan was the now and Reigns was the long-term. But again, hindsight being 20/20, Reigns was the much better choice to headline Mania than Bryan was given the current landscape of WWE.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Maybe Roman Reigns would have the right choice if
1. Daniel Bryan didnot return at Royal Rumble
2. The Rock wasnot involved in the match
3. Big Show and Kane didnot dominate the match
4. Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler would have given more time
5. Reigns would have entered at 1 or 2...