WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-13-2015, 08:13 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I'd say it's pretty much a done deal. Storm could move to the main roster but, for some reason, I'd see him staying in NXT both as a competitor and some sort of backstage role. Storm's 38 years old and you simply don't see WWE bringing wrestlers his age onto the main roster. Storm's not someone who'll be helping carry the company for the next 10 years, so if he does sign with WWE, I don't expect a whole helluva lot out of him, though I may very well be wrong.

As for Storm's career, if celebritynetworth.com is accurate, then Storm's set for life. I'd say the info is outdated, as it's been on there a few years without changes, but it lists his net worth at $5 million; Storm's no foolish kid or over grown frat boy believing his own hype blowing through his money in the mind set that the good times and glory days will never end. Storm's long since done everything he's going to do in TNA, the company has been struggling for a couple of years in which there doesn't seem to be an end in sight for said struggles, so NXT could be a breath of fresh air for Storm that could lead to his eventual transition to a non-wrestling role.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:41 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Storm isn't going back to TNA, first thing he has a family to feed and support. Second thing unlike TNA WWE pays their wrestlers on time.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

WorstWrestlingExcrement sold out

James Storm will have more creative control in TNA than nxt county jail
He makes more money and in the same bracket like Bobby Roode and Kurt Angle so enuff said wwe morons!
Old 10-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

WorstWrestlingExcrement sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOcalling View Post
Agreed. It makes sense for TNA to want him back, but not vice versa. It seems that TNA kind of painted themselves into a corner creatively with Shera, because he currently doesn't have anyone to feud with. They spent so long building The Revolution as a way to get Shera over - and the feud was blown off in that one match (between Shera & Storm). There could have been a lot of mileage in a long-term Shera/Storm feud, and I definitely can see why they'd want that match to happen in India. Would that match draw here in the States? Definitely not as well as it will draw in India, and it seems that now TNA is kind of desperate.

TNA had better have a plan-b in mind, and start executing that plan ASAP if they want to put Shera in a "personal" feud by the time they get to India. I hope they're not counting on Storm coming back to TNA, but maybe they are. TNA creative should easily be able to come up with a different feud for Shera - say against Eric Young, or someone like that. It wouldn't be difficult, if they tried. Hell, they could even have him fight Abyss - have Abyss mad at Shera for trying to "take the spotlight" from him in The Revolution as "the big guy" or something like that. Have Abyss be angry with Shera since he's the one getting all the attention for being the one who "broke up" The Revolution. They could get Manik/TJP involved as well, since he was involved in the story. To explain the reason why Abyss and/or Manik helped Shera defeat Storm could be because he (or they) needed to get rid of Storm before they could get to "the root of the real problem" (ie: Shera). Make sense? Good enough, for professional wrestling logic. There are so many ideas that could work. I'm just an idiot TNA fanboy, and all of that came off the top of my head just now. TNA creative actually gets paid to come up with stories, so why can't they just come up with something like that for Shera? TNA needs to get the creative ball rolling ASAP, and stop worrying about what Storm is or isn't doing.

My point is that TNA could come up with something (anything!!) new for Shera if they really tried, but it seems they'd rather throw money at Storm so they don't have to. Would it be easier if Storm came back to fight Shera? Of course it would. Could they find another opponent for him and make it seem personal by the time they're ready to go to India? That seems easy too, since there are plenty of wrestlers on the Impact roster for Shera to feud with that aren't currently in (major) storylines. There are probably other factors at play that we don't know about, but to me it reeks of lazy booking/writing/story-telling on the part of TNA creative. If I were part of TNA's creative team, (like I already stated) I'd be coming up with a plan b for Shera immediately. All of this focus on getting Storm to come back makes TNA look quite desperado, as well.
I rather see James Storm fulfill his obligation and stop acting like a spoiled brat kid who seeks profitship over sportsmanship! Storm can continue the feud with Manik, Abyss and Malaki Sherra whatever his name is
Abyss needs to be or of the underflaker as he was once before cause they are ruining his character and they should bring back James M itchell his manager !
Old 10-14-2015, 01:40 AM

timothy26 is looking to come up from OCW...timothy26 is looking to come up from OCW...timothy26 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstWrestlingExcrement View Post
I rather see James Storm fulfill his obligation and stop acting like a spoiled brat kid who seeks profitship over sportsmanship! Storm can continue the feud with Manik, Abyss and Malaki Sherra whatever his name is
Abyss needs to be or of the underflaker as he was once before cause they are ruining his character and they should bring back James M itchell his manager !
Storm isn't obligated to do anything for anyone and ultimately he is 38 and will probably go to the company who can set him up best for retirement from wrestling. I'd imagine WWE would be that company and he wouldn't be entering NXT on a rookie type deal. Then again, stranger things have happened so he might end up back in TNA.

Also stop using the term "Underflaker". Regardless of personal opinion he is one of the best pro wrestlers of all time. You make yourself sound like an idiot.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:22 PM
Master of the Scorpion Death Lock
WWE Diva's Champion

UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstWrestlingExcrement View Post
I rather see James Storm fulfill his obligation and stop acting like a spoiled brat kid who seeks profitship over sportsmanship!
I don't understand how James Storm is acting like a "spoiled brat kid", as you said. I like TNA too, but how would returning to TNA (as opposed to signing with WWE/NXT) be showing more sportsmanship? Storm can't be a sportsman in NXT? I don't understand your point...like, not at all. I don't know for sure, but it seems that he'd be better off financially (at least in the short-term) if he stayed in TNA...so how is he seeking "profitship over sportsmanship" [sic] by going to NXT? I seriously don't understand if you're trolling or not here. If you're not, then please explain it to me - because it totally went over my head.

Ever since The Revolution started, TNA has been using Storm as a heel to feud with international stars. First it was Sanada - then Storm recruited Sanada for The Revolution so that they could feud with The Great Muta and Tajiri (and have a tag match at BFG 2014 in Japan). Once the Muta/Tajiri feud ended, Shera was recruited to The Revolution...presumably so TNA could eventually book a Shera vs. Storm match in India. James Storm must be a little frustrated in that role, with no room for advancement (as it seems). TNA seemed comfortable merely using Storm as a guy to help out "the foreign guys" as it were. Not that it's a terrible role, just that Storm probably wants to do something else with his character...he's been doing it for over a year now; that's a long time if you're (presumably) unhappy with your character/company position.

In NXT Storm will get a fresh start, and better yet - fresh opponents. Storm will probably be able to stretch his legs a little more (creatively, that is) as a member of the NXT roster. At Storm's age, why wouldn't he want a little more job security as well (as countless others have already made good points about in this very thread)?

Click for Spoiler:

Last edited by UFOcalling : 10-14-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:24 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

Problem with NXT and guys like James Storm is that wwe has said in the past that they want to treat NXT as another brand and just because you are in NXT doesn't mean you will ever get called to the main roster. For some guys like Storm, NXT could be as far as they go. Storm isn't new or young anymore - he still had years left in him but is wwe going to put a big push behind someone for a 5 years run or behind someone where they can get a 10+ year run? I don't see them bringing him to the main roster and giving him a great push and the NXT money isn't great - he would make more at TNA. And I don't see them paying him more in NXT than they pay the others because that is going to cause them endless problems in the lockerroom. Best thing for him might to be sit out for a while, see what happens with TNA and see if they can give him a better deal than he had.