WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-19-2015, 12:24 PM
THTRobtaylor's Avatar
THTRobtaylor THTRobtaylor is offline
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,164
THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

TellMeWhy also makes a lot of ignoring important points...

Bottom line is that what STOPPED WCW winning the war was the contract position, when a war is lost - often people from the losing side go to the winner - but they don't run the show!

If Taker didn't want to job to DDP, the last person who would have complained is DDP, who himself knew he had a shelf life, was passing it too quickly for more than a fleeting shot at the WWE - but he got that shot, albiet short lived. He got his Mania match - he knew he was lucky in WCW to get what he got and appreciated it, and likewise in the WWE. They could have easily just "not bothered" with him at all, look at Jeff Jarrett!

Whether guys defected or not is not relevant - the point you are trying to make is that WWE got the "talent they wanted" before WCW folded with the exception of Sting, Rey and Goldberg. Any one else was a bonus, it was the wrestling version of Storage Wars... they got to pick up some contracts, some useful like Helms and Storm, others not so much. The person I neglected to mention who absolutely got used and pushed was Stacy Keibler! Not as a wrestler, but she was the top non wrestling Diva for a good while.

What happened after the war was lost by WCW is immaterial in many ways - WCW lost it, and they had lost it in reality by 1999. Their financials were what killed them, the crazy clauses in contracts and "at any cost" mentality that saw Bischoff called "ATM Eric". To have won that war, things had to be done differently in WCW from 1994 onwards... They got close and part of their model worked, but it was at too great a cost... That 80+ week run at the top became a Pyrrhic victory.

I am no WWE can do no wrong - but the fact is they DID do better, with less than WCW did. WCW did some great stuff but were so focused on putting WWE out of business, they lost their own. Even on the day he bought WCW, Vince was open to keeping them running as was... with changes of course. He didn't do so and that is arguably HIS biggest ever mistake and why WWE is where it is now... but to say he was anti-WCW is wrong and apologist for the complete FUCK UP that was made with WCW... Everyone associated with that should be ashamed... the guys who took the money, the guys who made the bad decisions, the guys who shut it down.... even the guys who defected to an extent, but to a man they all did better so were justified.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-19-2015, 02:32 PM
BringThePain834's Avatar
BringThePain834 BringThePain834 is offline
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 24
Posts: 403
BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellMeWhy View Post
I think the wrestling industry would've been better. For one, WCW didn't have ego when it came to booking and didn't play politics of "this guy is from WWE so we should bury him to make our roster look superior." If a guy was over and popular from another company, they put them over rightfully. WCW brought in Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Savage and gave them the ball. With that said if WCW was to buy WWE and do an invasion angle, I would bet my money that they would do it correctly and gain WWE's audience. WWE buying WCW and refusing to put over WCW main event guys ruined the invasion angle. (NOTE: I said WCW main event guys. So don't come in here and name Rey Mysterio). WWE burying every top WCW guy including Sting in 2015 is why they never gained WCW's fanbase. The fans knew it was bullcrap and didn't come over to watch WWE just to see guys like DDP lose.

I would trust WCW's mindset on booking an invasion angle over WWE anyday. I think things would've been better. There would have been a crop of different wrestlers all fighting for the top spot which I'm sure would be better than the current crap of top guys in WWE today. Had WCW lived, I could see guys like Jinrak or Sean O' Haire becoming good singles wrestlers or even main eventers. Lance Storm probably could have gone further in his career had WWE never bought WCW. It's hard to tell because while WCW lost control in the 2000s, they still had so much upside
Hi Crocker.

Nice account you have there. Would be a shame if this one was put in The Prison too
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-19-2015, 03:33 PM
d_henderson1810 d_henderson1810 is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,596
d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstWrestlingExcrement View Post
Never say never what comes around goes around wwe will die eventually , he wiped out his competitions bought them out so he can be the sole wrestling company around. Gone were the days USWA, AWA, WCW, Smokey mountain Wrestling etc I can go on and on . wwe will be dead I predict it with NFL destroying them and UFC gaining more ground fans have been tiresome of wwe adverting and converting to UFC , MMA or just sticking to NFL,NBA and NHL mostly! If Ted Turner can buy out TNA that would start the rivalry again. I agree TNA's marketing sucks with not marketing Aces and Eight , Main EVent Mafia etc . The TNA video game was on PS3 in 2009
People have predicted WWE's death for many years.

People were predicting that WWE would die when they also predicted that the first Wrestlemania would fail and the company would go bankrupt.

Then people predicted WWE would die when Hogan left the company, and the company would not survive it. Then it was when Vince got implicated in the drugs scandal and was facing prison.

Deaths were also predicted in 1995-96, when the company when at an all-time low, when Raw was losing to Nitro 83 weeks in a row, when "Stone Cold" Steve Austin retired and the Rock left to make movies. Also, it is still being predicted to this day by you and many other haters.

I'm surprised that you would want WWE to die, being a wrestling fan. If WWE dies, NXT dies, and all other wrestling companies in the U.S. would fold as well.

I predict that WWE will be around for many, many years yet.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-19-2015, 04:49 PM
SinCityBlitz's Avatar
SinCityBlitz SinCityBlitz is offline
Crossface Chickenwing
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 44
Posts: 580
SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Turner merged with AOL/TW in October of 96. No matter who won the wars WCW was doomed on TBS/TNT. They could have found a different network but very few companies wanted WCW.

WCW was doomed the day that merger happened. Not only because AOL looked down on PW and wanted it gone, because they did. But WCW helped do itself in by being horribly mismanaged. Once the inmates took over the asylum, it was good as gone.


"If Ted Turner can buy out TNA"

ROFLMAO.....do some homework man. TT doesn't have the money or any kind of pull anymore. He made a HUGE mistake merging with TW/AOL and is still paying for it today.

Where would wrestling be today? Replace WWE with WCW and there you have it. People would be wondering what if WWF had won the war.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-20-2015, 11:59 AM
WorstWrestlingExcrement WorstWrestlingExcrement is offline
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 255
WorstWrestlingExcrement sold out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
People have predicted WWE's death for many years.

People were predicting that WWE would die when they also predicted that the first Wrestlemania would fail and the company would go bankrupt.

Then people predicted WWE would die when Hogan left the company, and the company would not survive it. Then it was when Vince got implicated in the drugs scandal and was facing prison.

Deaths were also predicted in 1995-96, when the company when at an all-time low, when Raw was losing to Nitro 83 weeks in a row, when "Stone Cold" Steve Austin retired and the Rock left to make movies. Also, it is still being predicted to this day by you and many other haters.

I'm surprised that you would want WWE to die, being a wrestling fan. If WWE dies, NXT dies, and all other wrestling companies in the U.S. would fold as well.

I predict that WWE will be around for many, many years yet.
If it is still around is because mc moron has your wrapped around his finger and he knows how to deceive and sucker fans like you into his excrement product and people who fall into these traps and dislike the ppv still complain again and again when all they have to do is quit watching it and boycott this excrement product. The only one who is laughing is vince mc moron himself who suckers fans time and time again and you people don t learn but keep falling into it and getting fooled!
If fans can try to broaden their horizons watch other wrestling promotions like ROH, NJPW, TNA, and Lucha Underground and be amazed at the wrestling action you will then realize Wrestling is packed with action and not unnecessary storylines ! But you fans are closed minded and stick to this excrement product like bible worshippers! Come on LOL
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-20-2015, 12:03 PM
WorstWrestlingExcrement WorstWrestlingExcrement is offline
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 255
WorstWrestlingExcrement sold out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
TellMeWhy also makes a lot of ignoring important points...

Bottom line is that what STOPPED WCW winning the war was the contract position, when a war is lost - often people from the losing side go to the winner - but they don't run the show!

If Taker didn't want to job to DDP, the last person who would have complained is DDP, who himself knew he had a shelf life, was passing it too quickly for more than a fleeting shot at the WWE - but he got that shot, albiet short lived. He got his Mania match - he knew he was lucky in WCW to get what he got and appreciated it, and likewise in the WWE. They could have easily just "not bothered" with him at all, look at Jeff Jarrett!

Whether guys defected or not is not relevant - the point you are trying to make is that WWE got the "talent they wanted" before WCW folded with the exception of Sting, Rey and Goldberg. Any one else was a bonus, it was the wrestling version of Storage Wars... they got to pick up some contracts, some useful like Helms and Storm, others not so much. The person I neglected to mention who absolutely got used and pushed was Stacy Keibler! Not as a wrestler, but she was the top non wrestling Diva for a good while.

What happened after the war was lost by WCW is immaterial in many ways - WCW lost it, and they had lost it in reality by 1999. Their financials were what killed them, the crazy clauses in contracts and "at any cost" mentality that saw Bischoff called "ATM Eric". To have won that war, things had to be done differently in WCW from 1994 onwards... They got close and part of their model worked, but it was at too great a cost... That 80+ week run at the top became a Pyrrhic victory.

I am no WWE can do no wrong - but the fact is they DID do better, with less than WCW did. WCW did some great stuff but were so focused on putting WWE out of business, they lost their own. Even on the day he bought WCW, Vince was open to keeping them running as was... with changes of course. He didn't do so and that is arguably HIS biggest ever mistake and why WWE is where it is now... but to say he was anti-WCW is wrong and apologist for the complete FUCK UP that was made with WCW... Everyone associated with that should be ashamed... the guys who took the money, the guys who made the bad decisions, the guys who shut it down.... even the guys who defected to an extent, but to a man they all did better so were justified.
Just who are you supposed to be SHane Mc moron? Every WCW fan including myself knows it wasn t only WCW that fucked up. I agree WCW should have been managed much better and let a few people in charge and not rotational charge!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-21-2015, 09:38 AM
HBKperfect23 HBKperfect23 is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 507
HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

The Monday Night War ending was horrible for wrestling. Even though WWF was dominating at the end, there was still a legitimate alternative and made Vince always be at the top of his game. If WCW somehow won out and bought WWF I think it would be even worse.

Ideally Bischoff and his crew would have bought WCW with the nitro time slot and repackaged WCW.

At the time, I loved Vince buying WCW and the side I rooted for winning out. I also enjoyed the invasion angle more then most. By 2003 I was barley watching because the show declined so much (in my eyes) and I really think it's the lack of competition that did it.

Now it's nearly impossible to see anyone emerge as a competitor. As soon as they catch steam, that companies top stars will jump to wwe as soon as they get the call. There's only one big leagues in wrestling now and everyone knows it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-23-2015, 11:55 PM
d_henderson1810 d_henderson1810 is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,596
d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstWrestlingExcrement View Post
If it is still around is because mc moron has your wrapped around his finger and he knows how to deceive and sucker fans like you into his excrement product and people who fall into these traps and dislike the ppv still complain again and again when all they have to do is quit watching it and boycott this excrement product. The only one who is laughing is vince mc moron himself who suckers fans time and time again and you people don t learn but keep falling into it and getting fooled!
If fans can try to broaden their horizons watch other wrestling promotions like ROH, NJPW, TNA, and Lucha Underground and be amazed at the wrestling action you will then realize Wrestling is packed with action and not unnecessary storylines ! But you fans are closed minded and stick to this excrement product like bible worshippers! Come on LOL
Then why are you [posting here?

I don't get what you want. So if anyone commends WWE, then they are brainwashed by Vince McMahon. However, if someone criticises it, why then doesn't that just make them a hater?

You are just a troll. I bet you are an ugly troll, who lives under a bridge.

Answer me this. If WWE is SO bad, then how come every major wrestling name of note, has joined WWE? Goldberg joined WWE, even though he had hated it for years. Flair joined, even though he was WCW's biggest star. Even Sting, who swore that he would never join, did.

You know why? Because WWE can deliver fame, fortune, and make you a household name. Just like every NFL player dreams of playing in the Superbowl, every wrestler dreams of a match at Wrestlemania. I don't see many guys from WWE joining ROH, or other basement leagues to find fame and fortune. TNA is mostly WWE rejects who were future-endeavoured, and aside from Kurt Angle, few have name value.

If you hate WWE so much, then how do you know what Vince has done lately, unless you follow the product? And why follow something you hate? Because you are trollboy who wants to be an individual and be "cool" by running down anyone who likes WWE and its product.

WWE doesn't do everything right, but to be the most prominent wrestling company in the world, to make millions, and to have every important wrestling name want to be employed by you, speaks volumes. WWE will survive, and I bet Vince doesn't even care if a little pissant like you doesn't watch the product, as long as a lot of others are.

As for being brainwashed, every consumer is "brainwashed" into buying whatever someone is selling. You have probably been brainwashed by Steve Jobs to keep updating iPads and iPhones. That's how selling a product works, and the fact you don't know that is why you are making minimum wage and not having people know your name for any significant achievement.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-09-2015, 06:53 PM
CrucifiedRaven's Avatar
CrucifiedRaven CrucifiedRaven is offline
The Evenflow Effect
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 672
CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Wrestling would be in the same place. WCW would be the same as TNA but with better ratings and a more financially stable future.
__________________
Nevermore...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices