WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who will be Reigns Mania opponent
Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship 4 30.77%
John Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship 4 30.77%
The Rock 0 0%
Dean Ambrose (possibly for the world title) 2 15.38%
Triple H (possibly for the world title) 1 7.69%
I think Rollins will get cleared and it will be a Shield Triple Threat 0 0%
Other 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2015, 05:51 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is a big issue given how much they have been building Rollins and the fact he is so incredible in the ring. The way I see it, they need to have a younger guy in the main-event of Mania or, at least, in the World Title match. That would essentially be Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose and Wyatt.

The options with Rollins are definitely big. Rollins/Reigns, Rollins/Ambrose and Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose all would have big matches that stole the show. In terms of build-up and match quality. If not absolutely steal the show; it would have held it's own.

Without Rollins, everything changes. Firstly, a match involving Reigns/Ambrose/Wyatt or anyone else is going to struggle to stand-out given the quality of talent elsewhere on the card. I'm a big fan of all three but there is not a change Reigns/Wyatt would be bigger than Taker/Cena. There is no way the build up for Ambrose/Wyatt would be more engaging than Rock/Brock, etc..

Rollins had potential for great stories and the ability to steal the show whatever match he is in. Now, the WWE are in a position where they may have to use a part-timer, Lesnar or Cena in the World Title match which isn't ideal.

Lesnar v Wyatt might work. I think it is too soon for Lesnar/Reigns and Cena/Reigns. Maybe Wyatt v Taker but you they need to get away from a heel champion and having Taker go over two years in a row would be pointless.

It's definitely a predicament. Even with Rollins, the prospect of Rollins v Brock or Rollins v Cena would be amazing. Now, there are fewer options that really stand-out. At this stage, I'd go for Reigns v Wyatt but that would almost certainly get overshadowed. How can that be the main-event if the rest of the card had Taker, Sting, Cena, Orton, Lesnar, Rock, Triple H. I mean, Triple H and Randy Orton failed to steal the show at WM25 so what on earth would one of these younger guys do.

There has been a single Wrestlemania where the World Title match didn't involve at least one of the top 3 or 4 talents. Nevermind top 6 or 7. Everything has been build around Rollins and, while there are some fantastic options, a significant proportion have flaws.

Last edited by MCMG : 11-08-2015 at 05:56 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'd say Brock. Brock never pinned Reigns and vice versa and it only makes sense for Brock to face Reigns since Brock got his vengeance against Taker but yet to get a title shot since then.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote