WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Accidental spam artist

Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If you count tag teams then I have to go with the E&C/Dudleys/Hardys TLC matches.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:46 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

From a historical perspective, the first two TLC matches featuring Edge & Christian, the Hardy Boys and the Dudley Boyz are definitely in the running as is HBK vs. Triple H vs. Chris Benoit. The TLC matches were just chaotic spotfests, but they were highly entertaining spotfests with some crazy, jaw dropping spots that while highly entertaining at the time are also moments along with Mankind going off the top of the Cell at KOTR '98 in which you ask yourself "what the hell were they thinking?" that my teenage mind didn't consider back in the day. As for the WM XX main event, it was a great match but it'll never make any sort of real countdown in WWE because of Chris Benoit's involvement; considering the Benoit tragedy of a few years down the road, WWE makes sure that they don't do or say anything that even gives the impression of glorifying Chris Benoit.

From more recent years, Bryan vs. Orton vs. Batista at WrestleMania XXX definitely has its strengths as it delivered great action, great storytelling and what may well be the most satisfying payoff WWE has delivered in quite a few years.

Cena vs. Rollins vs. Lesnar is also a standout in recent years as it was just a great physical outing with a lot of action. Rollins is someone that we've always thought had the ability, but he really seemed to step it up here and cement the fact that he's going to be one of THE top guys for the next decade.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-02-2015, 04:48 AM
Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to agentmichaelscarn

Since I was in attendance for it I'm a little biased but my personal favorite was from Vengeance 02 with Taker/Angle/The Rock but from an unbiased point of view it would probably be WMXX with HBK/HHH/Stevie Richards.

The Vengeance match I loved so much was because of all the false finishes. This was before kicking out of finishers was done to death, so you didn't see it that often. So seeing all the false finishes was so good and kept you on the edge of your seat.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Rigistered Post Offender
WWF Hardcore Champion

Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmattyG View Post
I'd go with Angle V Jericho V Benoit at Wrestlemania 2000. Angle held the IC and European titles and left with nothing despite not being pinned. All three were at the top of their game, and it really stole the show.
This was my first thought. Anytime any combination of these guys got together you were pretty much guaranteed a good match and putting all three of them together showed they could make a triple threat work as well.

An underrated triple threat match I think was CM Punk vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz in the WWECW days.

CM Punk was showing his ability on the brand, John Morrison was already entertaining to me and it actually made me somewhat interested in The Miz.

They had one at Survivor Series 2007 and they had one on Raw one year as a Money in the Bank qualifier.

I'd go with the Survivor Series one though.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:54 PM
#SwerveKing
WWE Diva's Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
The UNfortunate trend? With the exception of WrestleMania 16, every single World title match at WrestleMania had been one-on-one. They desperately needed multi-man matches once in a while.
They desperately needed multi-man matches because they didn't have strong enough stars to deliver big time main event matches on par with Rock/Austin, or Hogan/anybody. Multi-man matches are a gimmick, you rely on gimmicks when you can't sell the show any other way.

From Mania 20 to 25 they were doing triple threats every other year, partially because they couldn't build strong one-on-one feuds and partially because they had two World Titles. Then the trend started changing. WrestleMania 26 they had HBK/Taker in HBK's last match, plus Cena/Batista in a match between the two top guys of the era. Then Mania 27 relied on the gimmick of the Rock as guest host, so the matches didn't even really matter. Mania 28 and 29 were sold entirely by Rock vs. Cena, and Mania 30 relied on a gimmick (Daniel Bryan having two amtches in one night, triple threat main event) because they didn't have any marquee matchups. Mania 31 was sold buy Brock Lesnar as the World Champion, the man that ended the Streak, they didn't have a huge feud or matchup, but at least they had a legit star so it didn't really matter who he faced.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

Taker vs Angle vs Rock from 2002 was awesome, but I can't recall what PPV this was on. There was great drama in that one. I want to say it was before Summerslam that year as Rock didn't hold onto the belt for long.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:37 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

A bit late but since the obvious ones have been mentioned I'd like to put forward

Edge Vs Batista Vs Undertaker from Armageddon. Not sure which year. Edges antics in that match were absolutely genius.