WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-05-2014, 11:25 PM

ajdb is looking to come up from OCW...ajdb is looking to come up from OCW...

Jeff Jarrett promo/recruiting stop will be Sunday at the Seibu Dome in Japan. New Japan reporting he'll be attending the G1 Climax Finals. Lots of good guys will be on display.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...

GFW Hiring Plus/Minus (recently released talent and people I forgot to mention last time)

AJ Styles

Plus: He is still within his prime, was easily the top export TNA ever created, has a huge fan following, and is still one of the hardest workers in the world

Minus: His promos will always hold him back a bit and his wrestling style has already forced him to begin slowing down

Brodus Clay

Plus: Defying all odds, he became a solid fan favorite, has grown into a decent big man, and seems to still have a lot of fan support

Minus: It will be tough for him to transition from a comedy act into anything else, he was irrelevant before he became the Funkasaurus so the balance to make him a more serious character would be a difficult one to create

Drew McIntyre

Plus: Still young, a lot of WWE experience, his in-ring work keeps getting better and better, he is versatile in the ring, and has had a few flashes of stardom in his young career already

Minus: WWE mercilessly jobbed him out and McIntyre just can't seem to find a gimmick that connects with the crowd

Yoshi Tatsu

Plus: A Japanese worker that has worked an American style for a long time, is open to any angles offered to him, and, despite barely speaking English, received loud pops

Minus: I can't see much of a use for him in any promotion outside of Japan

Evan Bourne

Plus: Well known for his high flying style and reached a higher place in WWE than anyone would have dreamed

Minus: The injury mixed with abysmal mic work make him more useful as a trainer than an on-screen talent

JTG

Plus: He is a well established tag team guy with a solid character

Minus: His entire singles run was jobbing and he has a tendency to share things on social media that make him a liability

Curt Hawkins

Plus: One of the most underrated talents in the world, a workhorse in the ring and can make anyone look good

Minus: He is the forgotten Major Brother and THAT is really saying something

Camacho

Plus: He is still green but has been improving, his father was one of the greatest tough men in the business, and his best years may still be to come

Minus: To be in WWE as long as he was and never make any impact isn't a good sign

Jinder Mahal

Plus: Was doing well as a heel until the storyline was pulled out from beneath him, he managed to make the Great Khali seem interesting, and that might be one of the biggest compliments you can give anyone

Minus: His time jobbing may very well have ruined any chance of him being a credible force in wrestling ever again

Aksana

Plus: Super hot

Minus: Just about everything else

Mickie James

Plus: The top female wrestler not currently signed to a promotion, she has worked with a lot of female legends and been treated like a big deal everywhere she has gone, she is a natural babyface but really excels as a heel

Minus: She can be tough to take seriously sometimes, her work ethic can wane when she isn't the center of attention

Crimson

Plus: For whatever reason TNA pushed him to the moon and he is still fairly green, he has a history of success that he could bring to any new promotion he joins

Minus: No matter how hard he was pushed, no one could overlook how he was a charisma vacuum

SoCal Val

Plus: The centerpiece of TNA for a very long time despite not being a performer

Minus: Did anyone even remember she existed until you read this?

D'lo Brown

Plus: His wrestling days may be done but his intelligence and charisma make him a valuable addition to any roster

Minus: While he can be valuable, there are others who can likely fill his role with a lower asking price

Christopher Daniels

Plus: He is one of the few who came out of TNA with more star power than he went into the company with, he is a great talent with a credible style and a hard work ethic, an established tag team star but is much bigger as a singles star

Minus: His age is the only issue that would hold him back these days

Frankie Kazarian

Plus: Is a great positional player that can work in a lot of situations, whether it be acting as part of a group or being tossed into a random high profile match, he has the unique ability to work in any situation

Minus: He is only as good as those he is with as he has struggled his entire career to establish any sort of personality for himself

Hernandez

Plus: If you need a strong, agile guy to make a highlight reel of crazy moves then there is no one better

Minus: Limited charisma, terrible mic skills, and a career that has been very forgettable thus far

Last edited by BigBombB : 08-09-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:51 PM

bboybigbadcarl is looking to come up from OCW...

I hope they bring up Shazza Mackenzie from Australia, she would be a great face.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:13 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

Is Jarrett's GFW a real organization or are they just promoting other groups show and throwing in a couple guys?
Old 05-08-2015, 08:18 PM

SJ5522 is looking to come up from OCW...SJ5522 is looking to come up from OCW...SJ5522 is looking to come up from OCW...

apparently, here's the roster to date:
Chael Sonnen.
Karl Anderson
Doc Gallows
Lance Hoyt
Davey Boy Smith Jr.
Chris Masters
PJ Black
Sanada
ROH's MOOSE
Lei'D Tapa
Thea Trinidad

Moose has got me excited tbh, although I hope he keeps wrestling with ROH as well. Although, I say I hope he doesn't leave ROH, from what i have seen moose could be absolutely phenomenal if handled well on WWE. Could be a biggie.
Davey Boy Smith Jr is obviously good value, as is Hoyt. Ready made tag team and potential main eventers there
Dunno about Masters, he never really made an impression on me in WWE, but neither did Lashley who debuted in WWE about the same time, was similarly built to Masters, but he's gone on and done well, so this one could go either way

guys like Justin gabriel, not a clue

Last edited by SJ5522 : 05-08-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:29 PM

SJ5522 is looking to come up from OCW...SJ5522 is looking to come up from OCW...SJ5522 is looking to come up from OCW...

as for some potential signings, i'd like to see basically any of these in the mix up:
Tajiri
Christian
Shelton Benjamin
Petey Williams
Carlito
RVD
Paul London

I'm loving the "Global" idea, I hope they make the roster as international as possible.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:01 PM

Txrebel1960 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Good Luck

Wrestling needs more options. If we didn't have more option like in the early days there never would have been the Von Erics, The Freebirds, The Funk brothers, Stan Hansen, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat or the Junkyard Dog. The list goes on but it makes the point that there is a need for more options for wrestling. Just think about how many NWA legends came out of the Mid South.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:17 AM
Ring of Honor Champion

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Basically his company is running a series of shows in minor league baseball stadiums. Probably cheap to rent, can seat a lot of cheap tickets, but awful venues for wrestling.

I'm not sure how serious we thought this company would be, but it's obvious it's not THAT serious.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:32 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

Just from what I've read and heard it looks like GFW will be more WWA than TNA/ROH.

Unless GFW gets a major investor then it would be better of as a development organisation in partnership with TNA or ROH.