WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Ive said all a long it would be better to have them tag up first, both get the Mania win and then face off next year at 33 if they are fit and healthy.

Sting & Taker vs Kane & Big Show. History there.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:47 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rge2010 View Post
Ive said all a long it would be better to have them tag up first, both get the Mania win and then face off next year at 33 if they are fit and healthy.
That's a good idea. Another might be to have Sting wrestle......and win......a match at the PPV before the one in which he meets Undertaker.

That way, Sting wouldn't be winless in WWE, which is a factor that seems to be bothering many fans. If he doesn't defeat anyone before he meets 'Taker, it would seem a foregone conclusion he'd lose to the dark man. If Sting has a WWE win under his belt, it adds an 'anything goes' element to Sting-Undertaker.

I have a hard time envisioning either one standing victorious over the other, yet WWE surely wouldn't allow this one to finish 'dirty,' would they? Someone has to win and I'd really like to see who.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:49 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...

Absolutely not a good idea. Sting needs to come back and have 5-6 big matches between now and his retirement match where he wins cleanly. The young fans don't even remember John Cena's debut so how would they remember Sting as the legend he was? He turned up to WWE and lost his only two matches. It is ridiculous BS booking that makes NO sense!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:26 PM
Knockout Champion

Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...

Um...what else would either do at Mania? This is probably the final year for both guys...why not face each other? The streak is broken so Cena vs Taker makes no sense and Sting against ANYBODY other than Taker just doesn't make any sense.

I don't understand how wrestling fans would be against this. Let these two go out and have fun for their final match. They don't need to put over younger talent or anything stupid like that. Imo, it's the only match that makes any sense.

It's either Taker vs Sting or neither of them wrestles at all.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:01 PM
WWE European Champion

Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

At this point it's more of a nostalgia trip than anything, something people would watch just to say they've seen it, not necessarily something people would consider good. Sting vs. Taker is probably a lot like it was for me going to see Van Halen a few years back, it was cool that I got to see Van Halen live but when it came down to it wasn't nearly as good as I was expecting (unlike AC/DC which was freaking amazing) and I felt kind of let down when the show ended. Even if Sting and Taker come to Wrestlemania with their game faces on I can't imagine them putting on an amazing match that people would remember, at most it would be a good match that surprised a lot of people.

Even with Taker beating Brock at Summerslam they lost most of their value with him at Wrestlemania 30. Sting at this point hasn't looked good at all since his debut, they've used him to drudge up the old WCW vs. WWF feud, to praise Triple H and to put over Rollins, none of which have done Sting any favors whatsoever. Essentially they've presented Sting as a legend who's nothing special anymore so it's really hard to care about anything he's doing these days, he's just kind of there to remind us that he still exists.

At this point there really isn't any value to Sting vs. Taker outside of simply saying "it would be cool to see them wrestle". Frankly if they were going to do this match it would've been much better if:

A) Sting didn't even show up on WWE TV until it was time to feud with Taker.
B) Sting won his WM31 match against Triple H and they didn't go down the tired WCW vs. WWE route with that storyline (Sting's the dark knight of wrestling and takes a stand against corruption in wrestling, what other reason do you need for him screwing over The Authority than that?)

Neither scenario happened though, they haven't treated Sting as anything special so having him wrestle Taker at Mania is nothing more than a feel good moment for wrestling fans of over 15-20 years.

Make Dimension X great again!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:57 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheICChampion View Post
If Sting is healthy enough to compete again by WM 32, is it really such a good idea for him to be facing Undertaker? I know, I know. That's the match we all want to see. But we need to look at it a different way. Such as, since WrestleMania isn't the place for no-contests or DQ/countout victories, who goes over? And how? You'd think it's 'Taker, right? Problem is, all I keep hearing is how Sting hasn't won a match yet since he's joined WWE. So what's the solution? Would you guys be fine with Sting losing to Undertaker as well? Does Sting finally get his first win in WWE? Since Sting has lost to both Triple H and Rollins, isn't the outcome a foregone conclusion? After all, if you had both those guys go over, why would 'Taker not? He's meant a helluva lot more to WWE and Vince than HHH and Rollins combined, despite the fact that one's married to his daughter and the other is the top champion right now. Anyway, that's just one issue.

The second problem is: while it would be awesome to see those two wrestle each other in their final match ever as active competitors, how do we even know they'll be able to pull it off? As I mentioned earlier, right now Sting isn't even sure if he'll be wrestling ever again. Undertaker's going to be in a HiaC match against Lesnar of all people. Is he going to be 100% in time for 'Mania? I think the best bet for both men is to ride off in the sunset after putting over someone who could really benefit from something like a win over either of these greats. Or, if they absolutely HAVE TO face off on the biggest stage, at least put a third or even fourth guy in there to help the match along should either Sting or 'Taker have to take a breather. Maybe a tag match. It would also solve the first problem of who goes over, as whoever is either man's partner could easily take the fall. So, what do you guys think? Does it absolutely have to be one-on-one? Would this scenario work better? If so, who would you choose as the partners for 'Taker and Sting? Or perhaps have them team up against two up-and-comers? Let me know.
If this was Taker's last match, I'd have no problem with Taker going over. However, it looks like Taker may have another year or two in him which means you got to have Taker go over. Sting is at the level of his career where wins/losses don't matter for him.

I think they'll be fine in a one-on-one. With Taker being an older wrestler himself, he probably got a good idea like HHH on how to wrestle an older wrestler unlike Rollins.

My question is how the storyline would come together. Would Taker be the heel or would they have a staredown like HHH and Taker did for their 2nd match up.