WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...

I remember cheering for the road warriors when they were wrestling against Tommy Rich and some one I can't remember. They were heels at the time and I remember getting a lot of strange looks from the people around us as we were in the Omni in Atlanta yelling for them to kick Rich's ass. Several months later when they were fueding against the 4 Horsemen everyone was cheering for them.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:55 AM
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion

X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X

A few pop to mind. Earliest I can remember is probably Triple H and Billy Gunn in '99 when they turned heel because I was a DX mark and always liked Gunn for some god forsaken reason. I specifically recall rooting for Gunn and Chyna when they faced Road Dogg and X-Pac for the "rights to DX" at Fully Loaded '99. After that though, the next two that pop to mind were Austin in 2001 because he was fucking Austin, you could have had him beat up a dyslexic puppy on live TV and he was still going to get the biggest pop of the night. Later that year I remember rooting for Christian when he turned on Edge, probably just to be a contrarian to my friends. He went on to become a favorite though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:02 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...

The Rock in 1998.

I started watching wrestling in 1998 and The Rock was just too cool to hate that year with the $500 Hawaiian shirts, sunglasses, and Elvis sideburns. And he was too damn charismatic on the mic.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to agentmichaelscarn

Probably Sid circa early 92. I didn't really watch WCW so I didn't really know of him before he debuted as the referee at Summerslam 91, but immediately I became a fan of his. I don't know why, but there was something about him that made the 9 year old me like him.

Then I thought Hogan robbed him of the Rumble win and the championship and Tunney robbed him of the number 1 contender's spot at Mania 8.Of course I'm talking kayfabe of course. So I really didn't blame him for turning on Hogan, cause I thought Hogan screwed him first. So even though he was a heel and was aligned with Harvey Wippleman(who I hated) it wasn't enough for me not to cheer for him.

I think that was the first. I remember being a huge Demolition fan as a kid but I can't remember if it was ever during their heel run. If it was than they would be it.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:03 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The Rock around the beginning of 1999 (which is when I started watching).

I was 4 at the time and my reasoning was great. I thought the reason he was such an ass was because people booed him. I thought he didn't have any friends. So I thought if I cheer for him, then I'd be his friend and he wouldn't have to be mean anymore. Well not to brag or anything, but 3 months later, he became a good guy all because I was his friend.

Man my four year old logic was top notch. Looking back he probably was so entertaining, I couldn't help but like him.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Accidental spam artist

Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...

For me it was Randy Savage. He was the most unique character I had ever seen at that point. He seemed like a real person in a world of cartoon characters. My all time favorite. RIP Macho.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:10 PM

unfunnier is looking to come up from OCW...

I would probably saw The Hot Rod, I remember watching Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling and also pretty much any WWF I could get my hands on. My parents told me I was pretty much watching wrestling before I could speak, I just enjoyed his delivery and his attitude. Any heel in the business since his inception, has at some point had to watch in awe at someone his size putting on the show he did both verbally and in the squared circle.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Mr. Perfect would be my answer as well. In particular, I remember rooting for him against Big Boss Man at WrestleMania 7.

I also rooted for Shawn Michaels a lot of the time in his first heel run from 92-95, though that depended on who he was wrestling.

I also rooted for Ric Flair in WCW in some of his matches and feuds, around those same time periods.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm not really sure but I do remember rooting for Randy Orton when he was part of Evolution as the Intercontinental Champion. I got into wrestling later than most of you, mostly because the "wrestling boom" here only started in 2003 if I remember correctly. I've gone back and watched The Rock and Austin in their prime, and pretty much all Golden Era PPVs, but I didn't accompany those monsters on a weekly basis.

I also remember thinking Eddie Guerrero was cool as fuck. But it was Randy Orton for me and there's one reason for that - RKO! I loved the move and Orton had that style that you really wanted to mimic. I remember watching Orton vs. Foley and be in awe for the guy. When he turned on HHH, I was so freaking happy. Dang, I miss being a mark.

It's Damn Real