WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Phenom View Post
And Like I said, just because Bret only had two matches doesn't mean those were his only appearances on Raw. Matches aren't the only way to build heat and interest. Interviews and confrontations with HBK will do the job as well, not to mention the matches he did have and the vignettes that ran for him.

I wouldn't care if everyone that posted in this thread agreed with you. All its coming down to is the fact that you're all fans of Bret. Like I said, if the tables were turned and we were talking about Nash not taking the Sharpshooter, it'd be more ammo in the Nash as an asshole gun. With 'Taker having Bret beaten at the RR when Nash interfered, it made more sense for Nash to be in that same position when 'Taker interfered. Damn I wish wrestlers were this selfish today. Might be a better main event scene. I think McMahon learned from his mistakes though and now he wouldn't take wrestlers calling their own shots.
So you're resorting to making up hypotheticals? SMH. Let's just stick to what actually DID happen.

No reason to be so stubborn here. Just take your L and move on.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:05 PM
The Evenflow Effect
Knockout Champion

CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...

Some of you guys are delusional.

Owen was never booked to be the champion, so Bret never refused to put him over. A triple threat for the title at WrestleMania 11? They didn't even start doing triple threats until much later in the 90s, that was unheard of in 1995 WWF.

Davey was never meant to be champion at IYH 5. Bret needed to get "his win" back? What? He literally just won the title the month before and it was already booked that it'd be Shawn/Bret at WM12. Davey was never going to be booked to win.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

Get his win back from Davey? LOL, Bret was the one who WANTED to lose to Davey. Come on guys...
Old 11-29-2017, 04:27 PM

theHeadliner is looking to come up from OCW...theHeadliner is looking to come up from OCW...

Bret was the babyface champion coming off a great win in a great match against Bulldog. That was a classic at In Your House. When Michaels took the beating against Undertaker, he was the heel, so he was expected to take the beating, take whatever finisher, but win by interference or DQ or whatever, giving more heat to the Heartbreak Kid. Bret was the babyface, and taking the finisher of another semi-babyface, Diesel, who was kinda blurring the lines between heel/face at that point, and would have made Hart look bad. And Vince allowed him not to take the finisher, and its Vince's last word. Regardless of what Undertaker supposedly said in that meeting with Diesel and Bret, Vince has the final say. Just like Vince was fine with Michaels and Hart not going at WM13 because A. it was too predictable B. It was too soon C. Bret and Austin had great chemistry and the company wanted Bret with Austin cus they knew he could make him. Regardless of Shawn losing his smile nothing happens unless Vince allows it. Even if he was healthy I don't think it would have been Shawn and Bret at WM13. They did a good job teasing it with their promos after Bret came back, but its teasers, what-ifs. Maybe down the road in 1997 put Shawn and Bret together again, but their personal shit got in the way of that happening.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:09 AM
the root of all evil

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Bret stayed in the wwe for less money than jumping to wcw for millions and a spot in a white hot Nwo angle.

Had he left in 1996 he would have been booked better and not had the lingering specter of the screwjob affecting his booking...

He also would not have had the heel turn he had that effectively ruined his (albeit small) southern fanbase... Something that also affected him in wcw.

Vince was selfish and wanted to ruin bret before he jumped to wcw.

Whether or not Bret knew about the screwjob before hand...

I think Vince had planned to ruin bret the moment he resigned in 96

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 11-30-2017, 05:58 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

You have to remember that this was a different time in the business, pretty much everybody was looking out for themselves or had their own little kliq backstage. Bret was always there to help guys he thought could need help getting a spot in WWE. In fact Edge does credit him for helping him get is tryout with WWE and their hundreds of stories like Edge's story out there.

The Nash stuff is just that Nash talking shit against somebody that's not is friend and never was. Nash was on his way out at this point, pretty much everybody knew that, he was also part of the Kliq, the same group that made Bret's and a lot of wrestlers backstage miserable because of the way they would manipulate the system to their advantage. Bret tried to stand up to them and it backfired on him because while Shawn was given time off to train for the ironman match, Bret got sent to do media apparence and wrestled almost every night and didn'T get a chance to get time off and just train for the match. Yet was man enough to make Shawn Look like a millions bucks during that mania 12 match. He didn'T have to do it but he did because he knew that shawn was the guy they wanted to replace him while he was away. So in that aspect he wasn'T selfish at all.

As for everything else, let face it, Bret made Shawn micheals and to a certain extant Kevin Nash, the big name they are today and he got paid back by getting backstab at every opportunities the Kliq had so i'm not really surprise that at survivor series 97, Bret tried to stand up to the kliq one last time before he left by using his creative control card and wanting to keep the belt in montreal and if the story is true, he wanted to drop the belt the following night in Ottawa to Ken shamrock. Then Ken could have drop the belt to shawn at the following PPV. I don'T think it was selfish on his part, he just retaliate against the group that at the time where trying to push him out off his spot.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:27 AM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

Actually, Nash didn't decide to leave until after this happened. This is what made Nash decide to leave. He's maintained for over 20 years that he would've stayed with the WWF/E if Bret would've been more flexible. And this wasn't the only time something like this happened, this was just the one that made Nash make his decision to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:51 AM
the root of all evil

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
Actually, Nash didn't decide to leave until after this happened. This is what made Nash decide to leave. He's maintained for over 20 years that he would've stayed with the WWF/E if Bret would've been more flexible. And this wasn't the only time something like this happened, this was just the one that made Nash make his decision to leave.
Have you met Kevin Nash?
I have. Man is all about his money and his buddies.

I don't believe a word he says because he won't put anyone over except himself.

He was always gonna jump back to wcw after getting himself established in wwe.
This is the man that coined the term vanilla midgets and booked wcw into the ground.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:51 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

Well to each his own. I agree with your descriptions of Nash, I also think that he's telling the truth because 99% of the stories that he's told over the years have been corroborated by, not just his friends, but by people that didn't like him or don't like him, and others. Nash says, in this story, that after Bret decided that he wasn't going to take Nash's finish he and Scott Hall were showering after an event and he looked at Hall and said, "Tell Bischoff I'm in". Now, ask Scott Hall when Nash first told him that he was going to WCW too and Hall will say and has always said, "I think we were in the shower or something like that, maybe the bathroom. It was just before 'Mania, the one where he fought 'Taker and he said to tell Bischoff that I'm coming too".

Sounds about right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:21 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
Well to each his own. I agree with your descriptions of Nash, I also think that he's telling the truth because 99% of the stories that he's told over the years have been corroborated by, not just his friends, but by people that didn't like him or don't like him, and others. Nash says, in this story, that after Bret decided that he wasn't going to take Nash's finish he and Scott Hall were showering after an event and he looked at Hall and said, "Tell Bischoff I'm in". Now, ask Scott Hall when Nash first told him that he was going to WCW too and Hall will say and has always said, "I think we were in the shower or something like that, maybe the bathroom. It was just before 'Mania, the one where he fought 'Taker and he said to tell Bischoff that I'm coming too".

Sounds about right to me.
You also have to put yourself in Bret's shoes at the time. The kliq was pretty much running the backstage area if you believe what everybody that we're there at the time have said and Bret was one of the guy that they tried to push down every chance they got because Shawn hated Bret and it was well known backstage, so Bret when the same route that any of the member of the kliq would have done and he thought of himself instead of making Nash look good on his way out. It was well known way back in February of that year that Nash was leaving and whatever Nash is saying right now is selected memory kinda like hulk Hogan would tell you that he left because he wanted to take a break from wrestling back in 93.

These guys are great in spinning the truth to make themselves look good and sadly Nash is one of the greatest at that.