WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
Haha. You might want to add Hogan in that Mix. It was pretty obvious Hogan went to TNA to put him and his daughter over and not to help the company. I think AJ Styles even mentioned that Hogan never promoted TNA.
Hulk Hogan, prior to coming to TNA, had a list of accomplishments longer than anyone else in professional wrestling.

Eric Bischoff, prior to coming to TNA, was a man who had a very successful eighteen months as a professional wrestling promoter, which was ultimately revealed to be the result of massive expenditures which many other people took the loss for. He has successfully parlayed this into a successful television career consisting of reappearing on professional wrestling television occasionally and producing Scott Baio reality TV shows.

I can get why people continue to buy into Hulk Hogan thirty years outside of his prime. What I don't get is how people can watch Eric Bischoff burn their house down one night, then invite him to their next housewarming party and hand out thermite for gifts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Naitch View Post
Bischoff has a lot of links to the TV industry, so with TNA desperately seeking a new TV deal, Easy E could be the man to help them sort it? Plus, I don't care what anyone says about Bisch, he's a fantastic on screen character. So smarmy, smug and one of those people you just want to punch in the face when he's playing a bad guy. I'd be delighted to see Bischoff back on TNA television.
No, no, no, no, no. BAD. Where did you hear that Eric Bischoff had "a lot of links" to the TV industry, from Eric Bischoff? He does not have a lot of links to the TV industry, that is a part of his character you have been sold on. Here's a listing, from BHE's own site, of the stuff they feel that they've done which merits the most attention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhe.tv
BHE TV specializes in the creation and production of television content. BHE has created, developed, and produced both television pilots and series for NBC, VH-1, CMT, A&E, E!, TruTv, and SPIKE TV, including two seasons of the hit series "Scott Baio is 45...and Single" and "Scott Baio is 46...and Pregnant" on VH-1, and "Home Again" with Billy Ray Cyrus on CMT. In 2008 BHE produced "Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling" for CMT.

In 2009 they produced "Confessions of a teen idol" for VH-1, Posse, and Runnin Wild with Ted Nugent for CMT and over a dozen more shows in 2010.

In 2011, BHE launched a new reality series on VH1 titled "Beverly Hills Fabulous" and are currently developing a sitcom starring 80s and 90s TV icon Scott Baio for Nick at Nite. BHE TV Executive produces iMPACT!, one of the highest rated weekly series on Spike TV.
I was unaware that Scott Baio had been a hit anything since he was Chachi. They still list themselves as producing iMPACT! on Spike TV, and the most recent press item they've promoted was in October 2014. I would not be surprised to know that they paid someone to build a website for their company, and have ignored it ever since as they have nothing going on.

Divorce yourself from this idea that Eric Bischoff is anything more than an excellent professional wrestling character. When it comes to business, the man has an extraordinary track record of enriching himself while empoverishing his investors.

Last edited by Rayne : 09-07-2015 at 09:44 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:45 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...

Based upon the way things have gone over the last several years, there will be hype and hoopla about this, and in the end, it will be a colossal disappointment. They will promise to shake the world of professional wrestling to its core, and then will give us Tommy Dreamer or someone like that.

I have no idea who it will be, but I would be shocked beyond belief if it was Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, or Vince Russo. Given the current state of affairs, I just can't see either of these guys choosing to get involved with TNA at this time.

Believe it or not, my guess is a returning Kurt Angle. Sure, he's never actually left the company, but as I understand it, he hasn't been on TV for a while due to health/injury concerns. It could be that he is healthy again, and he is returning to TNA television. That's assuming, of course, that WWE does not come calling for him because if they did, he'd be gone quicker that you could say "it's true, it's damn true".

Whoever it turns out to be, I hope they have a life jacket and they don't stray too far from it. Because unfortunately, they are definitely going to need it.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
It was pretty obvious Hogan went to TNA to put him and his daughter over and not to help the company.
Yes, so: "Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice, shame on me."

In 2010, I never knew whether it was TNA's idea to bring in Hogan.....or whether Hogan was selling them a bill of goods, promising that his presence would '....take down WWE, brother!'

In either case, if the company hasn't learned from their first-hand experience with this guy, they deserve whatever they get, even if Hogan approached them with the idea of hiring him at a cut-rate price in order to repair his image.

Yet, that sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? I don't know that Hogan does anything at a discount.

As far as what they present, TNA has been on the right track since the Hogan/Bischoff era. Don't repeat a mistake.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:31 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

WorstWrestlingExcrement sold out

GFW has Eric Bischoff and AJ Styles in their roster so I think it will be one of them appearing
Old 09-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

I won't speculate on who I think it could be, mainly because all of the previous guesses would've been something I might've mentioned. All in all, right now I could care less who they're bringing in unless whoever it is can and would magically dig them out of the hole they're in. I want to remain optimistic, I really do. Truth is TNA could use all the help they can get. This whole GFW invasion is nothing but a failure, so they need a fresh start. But not with hoopla like this.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:46 AM
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post

If it's Scott Steiner, I don't care how boring or bad the show is, I'll watch it weekly. He was gold on Impact.

I DON'T GOT ANY SUGAR, WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO? PLAY THE GEE-TAR; I CAN'T PLAY NO GEE-TAR AND I DONT GOT NO SUGAR IN MY POCKETS!! A CHEESEBURGER, I DONT GOT NO CHEESEBURGERS I DON'T GOTS NO CHEESEBURGERS OR SUGAR!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstWrestlingExcrement View Post
...AJ Styles in their roster so I think it will be one of them appearing
AJ Styles is not and AJ Styles can't appear on Impact because of NJPW. Hes said this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:41 AM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

If Jarrett really did mend fences with his dad, could it be Jerry Jarrett?

If not, in order, my guesses are as follows:

Eric Bischoff — clear link through television, regardless of how you feel about him as a businessman/con artist. Runs a production company that produced TNA television products for years. Might be brought back in to help foster a new television home?

Jerry Jarrett — one half of the original founders, most often mischaracterized as only being Jeff. Not so. His dad was right there with him out of the gate.

Jim Cornette — to a far lesser extent, and I'm not sure to what value he'd really be.

On a related note, if it's Hogan, I swear to fuck, I quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

For financial reasons, unless it involves buying a controlling stake in the company, I don't see it being Hogan or Bischoff.

That being said, it leaves only really leaves Jeff Jarrett and I don't know what it could be other than a TNA/GFW merger.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:50 AM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDFG View Post
For financial reasons, unless it involves buying a controlling stake in the company, I don't see it being Hogan or Bischoff.

That being said, it leaves only really leaves Jeff Jarrett and I don't know what it could be other than a TNA/GFW merger.
Depends on how you interpret "coming back to work with them again". Technically, I'd argue Jarrett has already come back to work with them. He's been doing so for weeks through this poorly handled GFW invasion.

To me, the quote in the OP, vague as it is, reads more as someone "new". Someone old, presented as new. Someone who hasn't been working with them recently who is actually returning. Bischoff, Hogan, Dutch Mantell, Russo, whomever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:00 PM

TheMaskedNewton is looking to come up from OCW...

May be it is Bruce Pitchard? I reckon he was there during 2011-2012. Came up with gimmicks like Championship Thursday, Gut Check, Open Fight etc. I actually loved the product at that time. He had some troubles with Talent Relations, but creative wise, he was damn good.