WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-14-2015, 07:05 PM

Perseus is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not sure what's gonna happen with TNA, but I hope they stay alive. I don't wanna get stuck watching WWE or ROH.

I tried watching ROH the other day, and I'm thinking can any of these wrestlers sell moves? Geez.

EC3 is a fantastic heel world champion. I saw this guy's talent last year. He's great on the mic and good in the ring.

I also like the Dollhouse. Terrell is fabulous. The whole women's division is pretty solid.

The Wolves are awesome. I love that team. They could wear the WWE Tag Belts in my opinion.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:45 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

With the international deals, they will continue to do tapings but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a larger block - film for a week to get 2 months worth of episodes. I don't know how those deals were done but I doubt that just because they are off DA that they can stop producing shows and those other stations are just out of luck. My guess is they have no choice but to still produce product unless the company folds. I am thinking they will use a smaller roster, or a lot more indy talent and have a lot of squash matches. But you have to wonder how them teaming with GFW will work out - a lot of former TNA talent is going to GFW so will we see them on TNA tv still in some form? Tough to say what will happen but it is safe to say that unless they want to close down TNA, they will still have a show ever if it isn't on a US network.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:11 AM

Nature Boy is looking to come up from OCW...

Either way, TNA desperately needs more TV time and to establish an official 2nd weekly show.

There also needs to be so much more advertising to raise brand awareness!
Old 08-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

from what i've read, TNA will still aired in international markets after september. The plan is that rely on the international markets to keep tna afloat until they find a way to get a new tv deal.

The only problem with this is that right now the TNA brand is pretty much worthless and losing 2 tv deal in the spent of 1 year is really bad. It doesn't bring confidence to tv execs to take a chance on them.

The other factor to considered is that GFW is also trying to get a tv deal in the u.s and while, they are getting shooting themselves in the foot with this whole invasion angle on impact, they're still in a better position then TNA as far as negotiations with network are concern.

So let'S hope that TNA found a way to get back on u.s tv and don't go out of business when the money fron the international deals dry up.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:14 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
from what i've read, TNA will still aired in international markets after september. The plan is that rely on the international markets to keep tna afloat until they find a way to get a new tv deal.

The only problem with this is that right now the TNA brand is pretty much worthless and losing 2 tv deal in the spent of 1 year is really bad. It doesn't bring confidence to tv execs to take a chance on them.
Not really though. TNA is always successful in the UK. They do the British Bootcamp show there so they can't be that worthless of a brand. Ring Ka King was also very successful a few years ago. Granted that was a couple years ago but still. From all accounts, TNA actually does pretty well outside of North America. Because tv is handled differently in some of these places, them losing 2 American tv deals really isn't an issue - if the channel likes the product, they will buy it no matter who in the States has cancelled it. There have been many tv shows that were US co-productions that survived and continued once the US network canceled the show. US popularity isn't a factor elsewhere, how the local fans react to it is.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:34 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Forgive me for not quoting the above post, as I'm on my mobile and that's a pain in the ass.

The issue with a losing their US television deal isn't that their international purchasers will lose interest, it's that they'll lose a major portion of their revenue, which in turn affects the quality of the show. It's a self-reinforcing positive feedback loop that TNA's been trapped in for a while now.

America is still above and beyond TNA's biggest market; TNA doesn't lose their Destination America deal without feeling a serious pinch. This doesn't mean that they close down the day that DA drops them, but it does mean that they have ever less cash on hand to produce their show- meaning a lower quality show.

At this point, TNA has gotten far enough into the death spiral that there's no more pulling out of it. (Fanboys- I'm well aware other people have frequently predicted the demise of TNA; I have not, and only do now because it's blatantly obvious. Anyone who expects me to answer for what Some Random Guy said in a forum post from 2009 can save us both a little time and go straight to sodomizing yourself with a sharpened wooden stick.) It's no longer about brand identity, plotlines, five-star matches or whatever, it's that TNA has to do more with increasingly less, to get by in a rapidly shrinking cable television market.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopin' ass View Post
Not really though. TNA is always successful in the UK. They do the British Bootcamp show there so they can't be that worthless of a brand. Ring Ka King was also very successful a few years ago. Granted that was a couple years ago but still. From all accounts, TNA actually does pretty well outside of North America. Because tv is handled differently in some of these places, them losing 2 American tv deals really isn't an issue - if the channel likes the product, they will buy it no matter who in the States has cancelled it. There have been many tv shows that were US co-productions that survived and continued once the US network canceled the show. US popularity isn't a factor elsewhere, how the local fans react to it is.
i wasn't taking about internationally when i wrote that they were a worthless brand because i know he well they are doing internationally. When i mentionned it was a worthless brand, it was specific to the u.s market. Mostly because like i mention before, they lost 2 tv deals in one year (spike and destination america) and for tv execs in the u.s, they might see that as a huge risk to take and could raise red flags like why was this show cancelled twice, are they so hard to work with, stuff like that. thanks for the reply but i felt like clarifying my point about why i wrote they could be a worthless brand.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:13 PM
WWE Women's Champion

I get what you guys mean about it being worthless in the US but they still have tv deals in over 100 other countries. Yes losing the American tv deal will cause problems financially but with all the people who have left, they should be able to sustain their show as is for quite a while on that international money. I don't know - you say it is a dead brand in the US but yet the US is its largest market. I wonder if that is true because if they can't pull large crowds in the States and can't get a decent tv deal, how much money is really coming in from there? I mean, they quit doing house shows for the most part because it was actually costing them money to hold them - with that gone, how much does tv really cost them? I don't know, wait and see I guess but I don't see them folding up right away like WCW and ECW did.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:36 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopin' ass View Post
I don't know, wait and see I guess but I don't see them folding up right away like WCW and ECW did.
You're right that they won't fold overnight like WCW and ECW did; WCW/ECW had sellable assets which the WWE picked up for the price of a song, if it was a relatively expensive song. TNA has no sellable assets beyond their tape library, and there won't be enough demand for that to collect a major payday.

TNA is now firmly locked in a death spiral, a negative feedback loop in which they aren't making enough money to cover their current investments, resulting in a gradual scaling down of services. It isn't likely that they'll disappear overnight, but once they lose the US market they'll start producing an even lower quality product (less money to spend on it), continuing the slow bleed of viewers they've had for some time now. They'll get dropped one by one in the international market, which will be largely invisible to viewers in the US as most of you will stop caring about TNA when it becomes all but impossible to watch the product.

The time to 'save' TNA was two years ago, once it was firmly established that the Hulk and Eric Show wasn't going to bring in the numbers people had hoped for. The time for TNA to survive with a miracle was last year; instead, they ended up getting on Destination America, and provided the same content on DA that people weren't tuning into Spike to see. Without a massive cash infusion- increasingly unlikely as Panda Energy is attempting to separate themselves from TNA- it is a matter of time before the doors shut down.

**- Fanbois: a reading of the likely consequences of current actions is not the same as rooting for a company to fail. I'd like to be wrong here, but I know I'm not.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:10 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

While wrestling is still huge in the U.K. and a great market for TNA, losing the U.S. market revenue will shortly affect the product. Cuts will be made and that usually starts with salary and when people start to worry about late checks or none at all they will look for other options. If Panda wasn't the owner TNA would have been boarded up with the for sale sign on the front lawn a long time ago.