WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-25-2015, 12:49 AM
Rigistered Post Offender
WWF Hardcore Champion

Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...

"Just there to hand Shawn the belt"

Wherever I heard Bret talk about it, he said that he was waiting his turn to be "the guy" while Hogan was there and then when Hogan was gone it felt like they were grooming "this other guy" to be "the guy" and Bret was just there as the bridge. Like the company never really believed in him but they needed time to build Shawn into the man.

Bret felt like the company never really got behind him as the face of the company but he felt like he had earned it.

I read or saw an interview somewhere that Bret didn't want to lose the title to Shawn in Montreal but was willing to drop it the next night on RAW wherever they were. I don't know if that's true or not but I do remember that story being out there.

I do think Bret has been a very bitter person and I think he does kind of admit that. Or at least has at times.

As far as Bret being rude or uninterested when meeting fans I'd believe that too.

I had that issue with Ric Flair and Rey Mysterio and I had the opposite situation with Disco Inferno where I thought he was nice but people at the same signing thought he was rude. Oddly enough when I met Disco I was wearing a Bret shirt and that's what we talked about.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to agentmichaelscarn

Bret won his first title at a house show. He did win his second title at Mania but he lost earlier in the night and needed Yokozuna to fall on his ass to win. He essentially won dirty. The point being is Bret is the one face in the history of WWE to never have a true "moment". Hogan had plenty, Warrior beat Hogan at WM6, HBK beat Bret at Mania 12 to achieve his boyhood dream, Austin beat HBK at Mania 14, Cena won cleanly at Mania 21, The Rock won cleanly on PPVs many of times, Daniel Bryan won at Mania XXX.

Bret never got anything close to that. His 5 reigns were done at a house show, his 2nd was to Yoko screwing up, his 3rd was after Diesel dismantled him the whole match only for Bret to sneak a pin in, his 4th was a cheap win in a battle royal and his 5th he needed his arch nemesis to use a chair for him to win. He looked weak in every one of them. Yet he never bitched, he continued to make guys look good. He got shot down by Hogan, shot down by Michaels, shot down by Taker(to put over cleanly), yet he kept chugging along. He was asked to be the face of the company yet nobody would put him over properly?

So after years of being a loyal employee, getting screwed over and passed up time and time again, made to look like the weakest face champion in the history of wrestling you are then asked to do a job to somebody when the people before you wouldn't do it to you? What do you expect him to say? Hogan was allowed to lose to who he wanted to, Flair was allowed to lose to his buddy Hennig, Nash was allowed to job to his buddy HBK on the way out, Hall was allowed to skip jobbing to Goldust, yet a 14 year loyal employee didn't get to have a say on who he got to job to? Instead he was forced to lose to the person he hated more than anybody in the world. And you expect him not to be bitter?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote