WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-06-2015, 09:56 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
If someone has that kind of power as an entertainer, they're a thousand times better than me if they can only ever use that power in purely virtuous ways.
And therein lies the problem. Everything I've ever read about Hogan suggests he used CC only to benefit himself, not caring in the slightest about the company as a whole, despite his protestations to the contrary. But with his dominance over the pro wrestling scene back then, the company had to take pains to please him, so if anyone warranted Creative Control, he did.

I still wonder why they gave the power to Bret Hart, and to what extent. Even as a great performer, did he really merit CC? I have no idea whether he was regarded as a guy who put over others.

As to John Cena, all I'll say is this: I've never seen a performer who has put over as many people as he, yet been accused (on this forum) of never losing matches and never putting people over. He must have some degree of CC, given that he could probably say at any time "Do this my way or I'll retire."

Ask anyone in the WWE front office if they want that.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Enjoying Wrestling
WWE Diva's Champion

MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
I still wonder why they gave the power to Bret Hart, and to what extent. Even as a great performer, did he really merit CC? I have no idea whether he was regarded as a guy who put over others.
He had creative control in the last thirty days of his contract, a contract which was intended to run for twenty years. My assumption is that was put in to assauge Bret that even if the contract was cut short (as it was), then he wouldn't be unfairly treated by Vince on the way out. On Vince's end, he probably felt Bret had been a company guy long enough and had been reasonable enough as an employee (barring Shawn Michaels), that he could give him that with little trouble in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by how klunderbunker realized wrestling was fake View Post
Well my mom took me to house shows when I was a kid and kept reminding me it was fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alica Fox's Finisher
"Fuck your brains. With my legs."
Old 08-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
As to John Cena, all I'll say is this: I've never seen a performer who has put over as many people as he, yet been accused (on this forum) of never losing matches and never putting people over. He must have some degree of CC, given that he could probably say at any time "Do this my way or I'll retire."

Ask anyone in the WWE front office if they want that.
Who has John Cena put over? How many matches has he lost clean?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:52 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think Hogan was the only one really to have creative control contractually, and he abused it. Others like the Kliq just had Vince's ear and in the case of Bret and Shawn, they just didn't like each other. Mostly Vince allowed the wrestlers to control the situation when that should never happen. Herd did not have to balls to make Flair drop the belt as he was told so Flair won that one.
Guys like Austin and Cena may have "creative input" but didn't have "creative control". Austin found out in the end that he didn't have control and walked out. Cena may give his opinion but the days of wrestlers telling promoters how things will go are over. The WWE's vast creative group is overboard for me but the wrestler does what the booker says.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

I imagine the bigger name the more creative control they have, Like if John Cena at the top decided in a one off moment that he didn't want to job to Kevin Owens or decided he wanted to work with someone like Adam Rose at the next PPV he probably has that abillity without too many repercusions but on the other hand if someone like Diego from Los Matadores didn't want to job to Titus O'Neil in a tag match for example or if he wanted to work with Dean Ambrose at next PPV I don't imagine he would quite have the same sway.
At the end of the day though WWE is still a business and everyone probably has some limited creative control but only to an extent as they still have to sell tickets and PPV buys and can't just 100% work to please the talent.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:19 PM

Nick-Neuro is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
Well, as I understand its just some level of control of your character. Meaning that if they want you to do something with your character or for example to repackage you to something you dont like you would have a saying in that decision and you could implement some of your ideas into character and that you can, for example, be permitted to just go out and say what you want(in some degree of boundaries) just as CM Punk did in summer of 2011. As far as booking goes, dont think anyone would have that power to overtake booking just because he has creative control of character. With backstage politics yeah, but just because creative control, no.

From what I heard and read Hogan had what you said(almost total control) in WCW and Bret Hart had it explicitly in contract. After "Montreal Screwjob" Vince didnt allow anyone else to have it in that way, though guys like Cena and HHH would normally mostly get what they want more then some other guys. Which is just how world works(more power= more influence), not just because they have in the contract that they can overturn booking decision in their favor.

Oh, and as far as the question go, no, you shouldnt have that much power. WWE is bussiness like any other, if they say that you would lose to a guy A you cant just say "Oh, but I want to lose from guy B". You should have some saying in it(after all, no wrestler should be "Yes man, monkey see, monkey do"), but in that level no. In bussiness when Boss says something you listen and do it. Its that simple.
While I understand what you are saying, I must respectfully disagree about any one person having that much power. In my opinion, CC should go to the right people, and if the right people are in place, them having CC not only benefits themselves, it also benefits us as wrestling fans. Again, in my opinion.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Rigistered Post Offender
WWF Hardcore Champion

Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm pretty sure creative control can protect a wrestler legally as well.

That was the case with Kevin Nash a few years ago anyway. He didn't want to be in a 10 man gauntlet match and didn't want to be one of the early eliminations so he walked out of a TNA Impact taping.

He had creative control which meant he had final say on everything that happened with him and I'm pretty sure he couldn't be fired for leaving if TNA didn't honor that.