WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-01-2015, 03:58 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwetnadudez View Post

In a company like TNA which has had to cut some of its TOP tier talents due to their inability to make payments and is cutting costs...can they really afford a guy like Chris Melendez?
I would think that's a reason for keeping him. Melendez is probably employed on the cheap- at a time where TNA have released a lot of bigger names to cut costs.

I agree though that he is more of a novelty act.... and novelty has short term appeal. It was interesting to see him at first, with his 'hero storyline' ... but it wore off quickly. I would bring him in now and again for one-off appearances... for you guessed it... as a novelty!
That way people won't tire of him so much.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:53 AM

hackerjack is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
I would think that's a reason for keeping him. Melendez is probably employed on the cheap- at a time where TNA have released a lot of bigger names to cut costs.

I agree though that he is more of a novelty act.... and novelty has short term appeal. It was interesting to see him at first, with his 'hero storyline' ... but it wore off quickly. I would bring him in now and again for one-off appearances... for you guessed it... as a novelty!
That way people won't tire of him so much.
Given that his only use since moving to DA has pretty much been to get heat extra for Eric Young I think they are using him fine. The problem comes if/when they decide to give him a clean win.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:21 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

Don't take this the wrong way - it is an easy character to work the American audience. American's love their war heroes and with Melendez, you have a wrestler who lost a leg fighting for his country. He is an instant babyface and they don't need to do anything character building. What American is going to boo a man who lost his leg for his country? Send Eric Young out there to fight him and he is instantly despicable for attacking an American hero with one leg. He is an easy way to advance storylines and characters without actually having to do anything.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Sausage Farmers

Bischoff's Knob Slobberer sold outBischoff's Knob Slobberer sold out

I respect Mendez for his service, but he's clearly not ready. It was criminal to have Kenny King job to this guy. I say cut Melendez. Maybe he can take his side show act to the VA Hospitals or USOs to entertain bored troops.

Oh...and the idiot who started this thread is a dirtbag/douche. He knows it also, I just thought I needed to state it here.

Last edited by Bischoff's Knob Slobberer : 07-08-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

Melendez doesn't improve TNA's roster any and his best use would be as a manager who wrestles the odd time.

If TNA's finances are in real bad shape then they should cut guys like Melendez, no disrespect to him but they could use that money to sign an X-Division talent.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:18 PM
The dirtiest player in the game.

DangerousDave is looking to come up from OCW...DangerousDave is looking to come up from OCW...

I heard that since Melendez isn't working a full schedule, he got a part time job as a waiter at IHop.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:59 AM

Nature Boy is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't get it!

More power to him for 'overcoming the odds' and all that but no, not for me!