WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Live Discussions > Live Discussions Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-15-2015, 11:00 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Finally, Eli Drake is getting some recognition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-15-2015, 11:01 PM
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatehabsforever View Post
A couple of questions from a very occasional viewer:

1. Who in the fuck is this Grado dude, and why is he on TV pretty much every time I tune in to the program?

2. I thought I read somewhere that Christy Hemme was leaving TNA, and it seems like I read that somewhere ages ago. What's her status?
1. Competed on British Bootcamp a while back. Kind of over/funny in the UK/Scotland, and has the most hilarious entrance in wrestling (to Madonna's "Like A Prayer" where the whole crowd sings) that TNA wasn't able to get Madonna to OK, so now he comes out to something generic. Long story short, he's not very good.

2. No idea. But these are taped in advance, so maybe she's gone?

Quote:
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-15-2015, 11:17 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...

So I guess Eric Young is a crazy badass now? Personally, I simply cannot take this guy seriously anymore. Ever since all of his novelty personas, I'm just not buying it. It would be like trying to convince me that Santino Marella is an unhinged badass all of a sudden. Just not plausible.

Next thing you know, they'll be trying to turn some dancing funkasaurus into a bad ass too.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:07 AM
WWE Champion

EY has been this bad-ass for a while now, yeah. Personally, I think it's the best version of him yet. You'd probably need to be watching week-to-week to appreciate it though. I'd liken it to me liking Cody Rhodes, for example, then turning on RAW a few months ago and seeing him come out dressed as Golddust and going "this is stupid, what happened to him?"

Maybe Golddust junior is actually a good character in the context of the weekly show? I don't know. It's disingenuous for me to suggest otherwise lacking that context. Like judging a book by it's cover kind of thing.

But Tyrus is a bad-ass, and they often make jokes about him dancing, being funky, etc. They did one the other week that was great, where EC3 suggested someone call his mother.

Quote:
sendpm.gif
Old 07-16-2015, 10:16 AM
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
1. Competed on British Bootcamp a while back. Kind of over/funny in the UK/Scotland, and has the most hilarious entrance in wrestling (to Madonna's "Like A Prayer" where the whole crowd sings) that TNA wasn't able to get Madonna to OK, so now he comes out to something generic. Long story short, he's not very good.
That's where I lost interest in Grado. If he's as entertaining and charismatic as he was hyped up to be, the entrance shouldn't be such a big loss for him. It's like saying James Storm wouldn't be awesome if he didn't have his hat or Steve Austin isn't as great without the glass shattering. If you're great, you can make almost anything great. Grado is amusing, but WAY overhyped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-16-2015, 10:22 AM
WWE Champion

He's funny, but he's funny for a short time. I wouldn't spend a lot of time with him. He's funny in a Shark Boy kind of way. When you see him every week, you laugh less and less.

Quote:
sendpm.gif
Old 07-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

For me, Grado is the type of act that WWE and TNA have proven to be unable to deal with.

TNA failed to really explain who he was to their U.S. audience and when he did not get his entrance, he was quite literally a nobody. WWE would over-expose him and even try to book him as a mid card champion.

He should be the plucky jobber, who can get the crowd going with an energetic, interactive and amusing performance before being slaughtered by Sheamus/Barrett/ECIII/MVP.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:00 AM

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
For me, Grado is the type of act that WWE and TNA have proven to be unable to deal with.

TNA failed to really explain who he was to their U.S. audience and when he did not get his entrance, he was quite literally a nobody. WWE would over-expose him and even try to book him as a mid card champion.

He should be the plucky jobber, who can get the crowd going with an energetic, interactive and amusing performance before being slaughtered by Sheamus/Barrett/ECIII/MVP.
This too. I kept hearing about how awesome Grado was and how much I should love him. What I never did was SEE any reason to care about him. No clips from Boot Camp, no clips of his matches, nothing about him. Just "This guy is AWESOME and you'll love him." Show, don't tell.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-18-2015, 09:20 PM

Review is up.

The Champ Has A Point

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote: