WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The GSD - General Spam Discussion > The GSD Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-15-2015, 12:24 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Among the dozens of things you can thank NASA, and subsequently what they can do with an ever-decreasing budget for:

Memory foam, anti-corrosion coating, ArterioVision (ultrasound) technology, Cochlear implants, scratch-resistant eyeglass lenses, emulsified zero-valent iron (injected into groundwater, where it neutralizes toxic chemicals that pose a threat to the environment), insulin pumps, lifeshears (otherwise known as the jaws of life), Charge-coupled device (allows doctors to perform more precise tests on women who may have breast cancer) and water filters.

You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-15-2015, 12:33 PM
is a happier and wiser man
WWE Women's Champion

Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
Against the rather limited NASA budget but for the military overspending of the US?

What a strange combination.
I won't call myself a preacher of America's defence spending or supporting the bullying which they resort to at times, but one thing that has to be said that the money spent on defence helps make the lives of people on this planet more peaceful and safe, and has done so for many decades. The people of this planet come first. Examining and culturing the colour and gases present in a planet around 5 billion kilometres away, is not nearly as important as safeguarding the population of your planet and containing the evil elements.
In addition to that, although NASA's budget is much lesser than that on defence, $17.2 billion a year isn't a miniscule amount either. If we add to that, the figures spent by ISRO and other space research organizations from various countries on space exploration, the amount that could've been spent on the welfare of the people of this planet, will be even higher.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:41 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
Among the dozens of things you can thank NASA, and subsequently what they can do with an ever-decreasing budget for:

Memory foam, anti-corrosion coating, ArterioVision (ultrasound) technology, Cochlear implants, scratch-resistant eyeglass lenses, emulsified zero-valent iron (injected into groundwater, where it neutralizes toxic chemicals that pose a threat to the environment), insulin pumps, lifeshears (otherwise known as the jaws of life), Charge-coupled device (allows doctors to perform more precise tests on women who may have breast cancer) and water filters.

You're welcome.
The issue I raised was against the money and resources they spend on space exploration, including those they spent on getting this photo of Pluto, amongst other things. The same applies for NASA's counterparts in other countries. I was not taking any credit away from them for the positives that they do for the people of this world. By the way.. how many of those high-tech inventions are actually aimed towards enhancing the lives of the actually-deprived population?

Pass me some of that.

Last edited by Reflection : 07-15-2015 at 12:48 PM. Reason: comment was ambiguous with loopholes.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-15-2015, 12:52 PM
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

So do you believe the U.S. alone hold the keys to safeguarding the people who live on this planet? Is that why it's OK that they spend more on their military budget than the next seven nations combined, a number of whom are allies?

What I'm really asking is, why are we footing that bill? Are we the only nation who care about the well-being of the world, that we need to spend that amount per year?

Quote:
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

If you think the world's poverty issues can be solved by money, you are a retard. There are literally billions of people in poverty. NASA's entire budget for a year could keep them fed and watered for about 2 weeks, which just delays the exact same issue by an insignificant amount of time. The large hadron collider also costs a shitload, but without CERN, we wouldn't have the internet. Having the greatest minds on earth in one place is a very beneficial way to progress.

WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
sendpm.gif
Old 07-15-2015, 01:12 PM
WWE Women's Champion

No, I believe that the thread is related to NASA's exploration of Pluto, not about USA's defence spendings. If they do something pointless like sending a squadron to Antarctica, and someone makes a thread on that accomplishment, then I'll raise the issue of mal-expenditure there as well. I commented in relevance with the topic.

I'm not a military expert, so I cannot explain with confidence exactly why America spends the highest amount on defence, but there are some facts that we know, like America being the sole superpower in the planet for the last 25 years or so, and some of the factors which I mentioned above (which are facts as well), came about as a result of that, others spontaneously... all these compel America to have a very high defence budget. I'm not saying that America cannot take some money away from that and put it towards the welfare of the world's poor; I'm saying that the money that is spent on defence has much bigger necessity than the money spent on space exploration, especially so for planets other than Mars, which wouldn't help us in any way.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:29 PM
WWE Champion

Define "help us in any way", because as the last fifty years of NASA science has proven, even when they don't directly work to achieve certain tasks, the technological advances they make specifically for space exploration, for example, have massive beneficial effects here on earth.

Quote:
sendpm.gif
Old 07-15-2015, 01:31 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastycles View Post
If you think the world's poverty issues can be solved by money, you are a retard. There are literally billions of people in poverty. NASA's entire budget for a year could keep them fed and watered for about 2 weeks, which just delays the exact same issue by an insignificant amount of time. The large hadron collider also costs a shitload, but without CERN, we wouldn't have the internet. Having the greatest minds on earth in one place is a very beneficial way to progress.
I'm not saying that poverty would be eliminated altogether by the contributions from space research organizations, you stupid fuck. I clearly stated that they could help in the cause behind solving these problems as much as possible. But if you don't think that money is the chief ingredient behind obtaining and constructing the basic necessities that can be provided to the needy, then you are an even bigger retard. Do you think that all the charities and donations amount to nothing because they won't help the concerned for an entire lifetime? And like I said about half a dozen times already, I feel that the money spent behind space exploration and taking photos of pluto could have been spent better, I did not say that the money has to be cut from making inventions that helps mankind. Having the greater minds of the planet in one place would certainly help a lot, but one has to watch out that they don't pick a pseudo great-mind like yourself that doesn't even read or understand the context, but makes a random insulting comment just to make his presence known.

This is exactly why they say that if you get into an argument with the sheep, you will have lost before you could even begin. They come in hordes and will trample you down. I'm out of here.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:39 PM
WWE Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smark Madden View Post
I'm not saying that poverty would be eliminated altogether by the contributions from space research organizations, you stupid fuck. I clearly stated that they could help in the cause behind solving these problems as much as possible. But if you don't think that money is the chief ingredient behind obtaining and constructing the basic necessities that can be provided to the needy, then you are an even bigger retard. Do you think that all the charities and donations amount to nothing because they won't help the concerned for an entire lifetime? And like I said about half a dozen times already, I feel that the money spent behind space exploration and taking photos of pluto could have been spent better, I did not say that the money has to be cut from making inventions that helps mankind. Having the greater minds of the planet in one place would certainly help a lot, but one has to watch out that they don't pick a pseudo great-mind like yourself that doesn't even read or understand the context, but makes a random insulting comment just to make his presence known.

This is exactly why they say that if you get into an argument with the sheep, you will have lost before you could even begin. They come in hordes and will trample you down. I'm out of here.
I believe you are correct in this assumption. I don't believe you are correct in the one that presumes the defense budget needs to be as massive as it is, where you suggest or believe that cutting funding from an already massively slashed NASA budget as an alternative is a better place to generate that cash flow.

Specifically because you can't prove to me that the ends justify the means regarding military spending. You assume the relative safety of the U.S. is directly attributed to the size of the actual defense budget. What's to say the same safety can't be achieved with another 100 billion (or even less) taken off the top?

The Pentagon already told the U.S. government to stop buying equipment it doesn't need. Clearly there is a case of over-spending going on. Take from there. The U.S. military clearly does not need more jets or tanks or equipment that costs a substantial amount to produce. In fact, I'd be willing to bet you could take at least the entire NASA budget from the military budget and not see a negative impact with regard to safety anywhere — foreign or domestic.

Quote:
sendpm.gif