WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 PM

ATLMIATEX is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to ATLMIATEX
Default WWE Hell In A Cell 2013: WHC -Alberto Del Rio(c) VS John Cena

I was not expecting this. As I'm sure none of you were. What are your thoughts? Is this WWE's attempt to get the World Heavyweight Championship up to par with the WWE Championship?
3. The Shield
4. Randy Orton
5. CM Punk
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

Definitely an unexpected announcement. I'm wondering if this is some sort of ploy and Cena ultimately will be "unable" to compete at HIAC. If so, it'll piss off a whole lotta people. But, if he's healthy then I guess that's that.

As I said in a thread I just made in the WWE section, the only reason I can think of for putting Cena in the WHC picture is so that WWE can eventually unify it with the WWE Championship. The WWE Championship is the original and ultimately the top World Championship, so it's unusual for someone of Cena's stature to be in the WHC picture at all. Plus, if Daniel Bryan wins the WWE Championship at HIAC, I believe he'll have a good run with the title. Considering that he beat Cena clean at SummerSlam for the WWE Championship, there's unfinished business there. After all, technically, Cena hasn't had the standard rematch that every champ has.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Waiting for Halloween......
World Heavyweight Champion

The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...

Wow. A legit shocker. I was expecting someone like Mark Henry, or Dolph Ziggler.

I think we can all agree Del Rio's beyond stale as WHC, and it's been that way for a while now. Although, I don't place all the blame on Del Rio. It's hard to ignore WWE's piss poor treatment of the title itself and its champions (mainly Del Rio). I can't count the number of times Del Rio lost clean in the middle of the ring, and the same thing can be said about Ziggler.

For obvious reasons, John Cena can provide a much needed resurrection for the WHC....but I have an odd feeling WWE is using Cena's return to set up a Sandow cash-in at HIAC. 99% of the time, it's a heel taking the title away from a face, because cashing-in after a match is such a cowardly act.

Still, it's a win-win situation either way. Cena having a run with WHC will do wonders for the prestige and credibility of the title, and if Sandow cashes-in successfully he can brag about having a pinfall win over John Cena.

But yeah, there's no way Cena's losing to Del Rio of all people in his return match. Not gonna happen, so Cena will be the new WHC after the match is over. I'm leaning towards a Sandow cash-in, and I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

boozinjedi is looking to come up from OCW...

Here's a wild,but likely scenario....

ADR finds a way to get himself DQ'd...
But still gets an AA...
Allowing Sandow to use his MITB case

Too outlandish??
Old 10-08-2013, 12:07 AM

a member of wwe universe is looking to come up from OCW...a member of wwe universe is looking to come up from OCW...a member of wwe universe is looking to come up from OCW...

A little shock to see cena return this early. Im still having doubt if he is legitimately clear to compete. If he does compete at the ppv, Probably whats gonna happen is to have sandow cashed in on cena in that match.

I real alot comments saying that cena will bring prestige back to the world title. Well its not. It will draw attention to the world heavyweight title for a little while. But the credibility of the world title cannot be brought back overnight, that is absurb. It takes a collective group of top main eventers, not just cena, competing for the world title to make it relevant again. And we all know raw barely have enough main eventers to fill up the show, let alone smackdown.

Realistically John Cena is not gonna carry this B title for a period of time for the sake of bringing prestige back to it. Hes vince golden man and Hes gonna be inserted back into this corporate storyline as soon as he is clear to compete.

Last edited by a member of wwe universe : 10-08-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:43 AM

deem is looking to come up from OCW...deem is looking to come up from OCW...deem is looking to come up from OCW...deem is looking to come up from OCW...deem is looking to come up from OCW...deem is looking to come up from OCW...deem is looking to come up from OCW...deem is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah I actually think it's a good solution for Sandow's cash in. Clearly, RVD would of been fine but his contract is up like.. now, right? I guess he coulda won last night and have a Sandow cash in, doesn't give him much time for a rematch clause and certainly no time for a feud, meaning some other face would have to be hurried into a programme with him for Survivor Series. Don't see many exciting options there.

This way, the title gets a rub by Cena competing for it, Sandow gets a rub by beating the golden boy with his cash in, ultimately retaining (surely) at Survivor Series in a match that again elevates the World Heavyweight Championship to the top of the card at a big 4 PPV. Then Cena can go back into Raw feud's, giving WWE a couple of months to push a midcard face for Sandow's second feud. Everyone is a winner.

I, too, would of liked more time away from Cena on air. I think the product is better with him, for sure, but desperately elevating people to attempt to fill the void is a pretty good short term option for creating more roster depth. If he is fit though it's stupid to not book him, and this is the perfect way as far as I can see.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:09 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...

I see Cena beating Del Rios and raising another World Title, and Sandow cashing in on Cena. In Vince's twisted mind, he would probably think NOBODY would pick Sandow to cash in on and beat the biggest star in the company. If done properly, Sandow's victory and title win could be a guaranteed main eventer if he is made to all of a sudden look an equal to Cena in this feud. It is a feud we haven't seen already, gets the boring Del Rios out of the title scene and lets Sandow have the annual Oct-Feb nothing title reign before the fair dinkum stuff happens for the Road to Wrestlemania 30. Yep, I see this matych having Cena being the guy to drop the belt to Sandow for the rub. Keeps Cena in the loop to until the Orton/Bryan/Big Show mess is all sorted
Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 AM

ATLMIATEX is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to ATLMIATEX

Since Cena had an elbow injury, do you think WWE will use that as Del Rio's advantage with his armbreaker? I think that's a thing they'd do. Make it feel like Cena isn't 100% and an easy win for Del Rio. This might eliminate the possibility of a Sandow cash-in, but I think Cena returning was solely for ratings and low PPV buys.
3. The Shield
4. Randy Orton
5. CM Punk
Old 10-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Future Endeavored

DaOne5000 is looking to come up from OCW...

People can hate all they want but that was unexpected and that's what 'Best For Business' maybe giving the title to Cena would give the title prestige then have him beat Del Rio in the rematch Only to have his arm attacked by Del Rio after setting up Sandow cashing in and....

A- Cena goes after Del Rio

B-Cena goes after Sandow,Del Rio Triple Threat

C-Cena disappears

D-Cena retires

E-Cena loses rematch because of Del Rio who wins the IC title setting up Cena winning the prestiges title for the first time ever

F-Cena overcomes the odds hold the title until Mania faces the Undertaker
Old 10-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

The more I think about the flash pin by Ricardo the more I think that was done to show Del Rio is susceptible to it and set up Cena's quick win here, as my guess is he is only back to promote the Breast Cancer awareness charity work.

I think Bertie and Cena both enter, then Ricardo's music hits and distacts Del Rio, Cena rolls him up quickly for the win. Then Del Rio goes nuts and attacks Cena's arm and re-injures him, cue the Sandow cash-in.

So that achieves 4 things, Ricardo gets revenge, Sandow pins the top star in the business to become WHC, Del Rio puts the top star in the business back on the shelf and Cena gets to promote a charity he feels strongly about.