WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: ¿Sami o Generico?
Sami Zayn 20 83.33%
El Generico 4 16.67%
Other? 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2013, 05:09 AM

cm ben is looking to come up from OCW...cm ben is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenYoungsCleanAssFro View Post
I like Sami Zayn but I can see why he needed a gimmick to get over in the indies. He's boring on the mic and his fued with Cessaro, while it provided some great matches, lacked passion on his part.

People say El Generico won't get over, but I don't see Sami Zayn getting over either. He's talented but so was Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel.
Eh, I don't necessarily agree with you, but I see your point. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of his promos in NXT, but it's hard to say whether they'll translate in the "big leagues." Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel are two unfortunate examples of how that might be the case (at least at this point--they still have time).

I'm holding out for Sami, though! I think he's got something.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2013, 10:13 PM

cole miner is looking to come up from OCW...

I will say first that I haven't seen this guy with either gimmick. However, it seems that the crowd has quickly gotten behind his current gimmick and if it's working, I say leave it as is. I could see has masked gimmick turning into a comedy act and he seems too talented to be wasted in that role. Also, it would be harder to add depth to the faked masked luchador.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-12-2013, 04:12 AM

DarrenYoungsCleanAssFro is looking to come up from OCW...

The point I was trying to make in my initial post was that people tend to only pay attention to something the first couple of times it happens. People have already seen several guys come up from the indies with incredible talent. Sami Zayn, although incredibly talented, isn't exactly exploring any new territory. El Generico however, is something most people haven't seen before. Like most people, I have no faith in El Generico amounting to anything other than a comedy bit given WWE creative's track record. In the proper hands, however it could be done. I'm not trying to shit on the guy either. I want to see Sami Zayn succeed. I just think he needs a little something extra to put him over. It also wouldn't hurt to put a little edge on his character. In his promos he comes across as the type of guy that helps little old ladies cross the street.