WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default WWE Night Of Champions 2013 - WWE Championship: Randy Orton (c) VS Daniel Bryan

On last night's episode of SmackDown!, Daniel Bryan reminded everyone that he's entitled to a rematch for the WWE Championship and that he wanted it "tonight". As intended, it got a great response from the crowd but Orton replied that Brian would have to wait until Night of Champions. WWE.com announced that the match is official and that Bryan will have his rematch at NOC on September, 15.

As to who walks out with the WWE Championship, as with SummerSlam, it's difficult to say. This will be WWE's 1st ppv after Monday Night Football's season premiere on September, 9. The Sept. 9th episode of Raw is also the go home Raw to NOC, so WWE MIGHT use the ratings from Raw as a means of gauging who should walk out of NOC with the title.

However, my gut tells me that no matter what the numbers might wind up showing, Randy Orton will retain. This will be Orton's first defense since Triple H screwed over Bryan and the first of Orton's apparent alliance with the McMahon power structure. Having Bryan win the title right back MIGHT be viewed by some as sort of underwhelming when you consider that the top heels right now are Orton, the McMahons and Triple H. With this being a standard match with no special stipulations or gimmicks, at least as of right now, there'll be plenty of opportunity for interference or some other sort of screwjob ending. Therefore, my instincts tell me that Orton retains in a very controversial fashion with Bryan ultimately managing to earn another title shot at either Battleground or Hell in a Cell. The result, again in my opinion, would be Bryan regaining the title at one of those ppvs and ultimately finishing up his current program with Randy Orton at Survivor Series.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:36 AM

Cash Carson is looking to come up from OCW...

Not out of the realm of possibility WWE creative will have Bryan and Orton play hot potato with the belt, trading it back and forth. If not for any reason than to stack up Bryan's title credits. But the smart booking here is obviously Orton retaining in the most underhanded way. If he or Bryan wins clean, obviously the feud is over.

Don't agree about the Raw rating impacting the booking decision. If they get a low rating on the go home show, I can't see them panicking and putting the belt on Bryan just to try and draw extra viewers.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think these days WWE pretty much accept that post Summerslam is going to see a down period for Raw's ratings, and hopefully they wont allow that to affect booking plans that have farther reaching implications.

I think this will be an excellent match just like their other encounters and I'd be shocked if we got anything but a screwy finish, I just hope they get a good 20 minutes before the shenanigans happen and I hope they don't rehash the Montreal deal with Orton putting Bryan in the Yes-Lock and the bell being rung, Orton's abilities shouldn't be downplayed IMO.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Down Where? Down Here!
Million Dollar Champion

Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is obviously gonna be the first of probably 3 title matches between Orton and Bryan on PPV so I feel they should Draw in this one, with Orton pinning Bryan while he's locked and tapping in the Yes Lock, similar to the finish of the Triple Threat match between Edge, Benoit & HHH in 2004. That way Orton retains but it gives Bryan another automatic shot at the title, without both men having to hot potato the belt or Bryan losing and having to earn another shot at the title in a Battle Royal or something on RAW. Bryan can then win the belt at Battleground, leading to Orton having his rematch at Hell in a Cell in which Bryan retains.

However, I won't be suprised if The McMelmsley's screw Bryan at NoC, and something tells me we'll see them make this a No DQ match so they and The Shield can easily interfere and help Orton retain or HHH will make himself the special guest referee again and help Orton retain (Montreal Screwjob?).

Regardless of the finish, this should be another entertaining match between the two and I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited by Macho Machismo : 08-24-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...

Orton as a heel just works. He has the cold, robotic, cruel thing down pat and I hope that is the type of heel we get this time around as well. Rewatched Mania 25 recently and all of Orton's movements, facial mannerisms and such were just spot on. That's the Orton I want to see emerge over the next few weeks.

All American Boys
Old 08-27-2013, 09:28 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fabulous Rougeau's View Post
Orton as a heel just works. He has the cold, robotic, cruel thing down pat and I hope that is the type of heel we get this time around as well. Rewatched Mania 25 recently and all of Orton's movements, facial mannerisms and such were just spot on. That's the Orton I want to see emerge over the next few weeks.
Me too and what would be even better is if Orton just turns on the man who basically gave him the WWE Championship punting Triple H in the skull after RKOing Triple H and then Orton telling us the fans that he never wanted nor did he ever need Triple H's help in getting back what he feels like is his and that now that he is not The McMahons' yes man he is going to go back to basics that being to put people out of their misery by taking them out by punting them in the skull with Orton doing it on a daily basis until he tells us that the man he desperately wants to take out for good is Bryan because he has become nothing more than a problem for Orton
Old 08-27-2013, 01:51 PM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm looking forward to this, it should be a great match. I'm expecting some kind of screwjob ending to further the current storyline. I'm thinking Bryan will finally win the title at Survivor Series.

WWE ratings usually drop once the NFL season starts. THe fall is usually their toughest period. They pick up around the Royal Rumble. The ratings weren't good last fall when Punk was champion, but they didn't panic and take the title off him. Unless they bring back Rock or Austin I dont think their really is anything they can do to spike the ratings in the fall.

Last edited by XXJJ : 08-27-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:18 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I know the IWC wants Bryan to get the belt back as soon as possible but honestly, this is a great storyline right now. Bryan as the underdog that got screwed by Triple H, Orton, McMahons etc and chasing the title is better than Bryan simply with the title. Bryan will get it back.... eventually but I don't see this angle ending soon....

This will end up being a No Disqualification match or something like that (Trips or Vince will change it right before the match) and Orton will retain with a screwy finish (ie. interference from Trips, Shield, etc OR Bryan will win but then Trips will restart the match and Orton will retain)
Old 08-27-2013, 02:18 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXJJ View Post
I'm looking forward to this, it should be a great match. I'm expecting some kind of screwjob ending to further the current storyline. I'm thinking Bryan will finally win the title at Survivor Series.

WWE ratings usually drop once the NFL season starts. THe fall is usually their toughest period. They pick up around the Royal Rumble. The ratings weren't good last fall when Punk was champion, but they didn't panic and take the title off him. Unless they bring back Rock or Austin I dont think their really is anything they can do to spike the ratings in the fall.
Yes this should be a great match and what better way to spark up ratings than to have Rock or Austin come back in the fall while this whole Bryan business is happening, ratings then definitely would go up through the roof especially if either one of them were to help Bryan
Old 08-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think these two will have a longer series of matches going through the fall. I see Orton winning this one in some type of screwjob finish. Orton is going to lose right now with their story just getting going with HHH and the McMahons. I think Bryan will chase the title a bot longer with someone finally joining him as the story goes on. I think Bryan will get the title back at some point, but not at Night of Champions.