WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 AM
A REAL American
WWE Women's Champion

CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Question When You Think of Jeff Hardy, What Do You Think of?

Jeff Hardy: Daredevil, risk taker, showman. These are words I think of when I think of Jeff Hardy. Us as wrestling fans have grew up watching Jeff Hardy in a ring solo or tagging with his brother Matt. How long has that been almost twenty years on TV? Sure Jeff has battled his demons inside & out the ring. Drug addiction, being late to shows, even showing up to a match high as a kite! Jeff Hardy is a wrestling tragedy waiting to happen.

Or Jeff Hardy could be the living comeback story in wrestling history. So far Jeff has been keeping his nose clean (no pun intended) as the current TNA world champion. And is looking to be the future of TNA/Impact wrestling. To TNA/Impact wrestling Jeff Hardy is their John Cena. He sells alot of merch, sells alot of tickets, and the younger fans love him to death.

But in your own opinion. When you think of Jeff Hardy what do you think of?
sendpm.gif
Old 03-08-2013, 03:28 AM
How Damn Good Am I?!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Brewski is looking to come up from OCW...Brewski is looking to come up from OCW...

Honestly, It's still really hard for me to get passed the years of drug abuse. Not the fact that he was a drug addict, in fact a lot of wrestlers I know and love are, but the fact that it affected his career so much. Fired twice from WWE and don't even get me started on the "match" with sting. It's just crazy to me how a guy can get this many freaking second chances.

When he was teaming with his brother through the 90s and early 00s I absolutely loved watching the guy. He was one of the most exciting wrestlers around by far. I never really considered him a great technical wrestler but the stunts he pulled were amazing. But even durring his first WWE singles run it was evident that he was slowing down. He started getting more control of his character. His face paint and mannerisms I was never a fan of. His entrance music in TNA I hate (he creates it). He's just a character I don't like. Terrible work ethic, no shows, constant drug use while working. Just a mess to me. He's not nearly as exciting as before and I just don't like the guy.

Maybe I'm hard on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski
I am the "IT" Factor of professional WZForuming.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-08-2013, 04:30 AM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think of The Hardy Boys, TLC matches and a pure daredevil, the rest is pointless to dwell on.

once the body paint kicked in i lost any interest in him, he's nausiating, he's a lousy talker, a lousy ring worker and is just a spot monkey 4 life
Matt was a far better wrestler, he could talk, he had charisma but kids flocked to the daredevil so Matt was underbooked, soon as Jeff left Matt was given a chance to shine til he screwed his life up.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:47 AM
I Heart Shania Twain

Matth3w is looking to come up from OCW...Matth3w is looking to come up from OCW...Matth3w is looking to come up from OCW...

Jeff may be my favorite superstar/wrestler. Ever.

I enjoyed his work in the late 90's tagging with his brother. And his first 'E' singles run in 02-03. He would come out to his music and do this crazy dance at the top of the ramp, wearing his awesome neon colored glow in the dark paint. Then his matched involved him doing some crazy stunt/flip thing a number of times. To a 15/16 year old kid, there was nothing cooler.

I think he started to get lazy when he first came to TNA - though he was still willing to put his body through a lot (ie: 30 foot Swanton from the stage to Abyss in the table - BFG).

Then he came back to the 'E', and I was very disappointed with how he returned - feuding with Johnny Nitro. His re-teaming with matt didn't help much either.

When he was finally main eventing, I stopped caring. I think he was either #1 contender or in the main ever title match for a year straight before they gave him the WWE title at some no name PPV like Armageddon, as Vince decided to screw the fans over at Survivor Series. Armageddon to Mania the guy was the hottest thing in wrestling - yes, I'm going to say even out popping Cena. But that's where it all fell apart. He lost the title at the next PPV, feuded with Matt, won a couple more world titles (one for 2 minutes) before leaving and joining TNA.

His best days were easily 98-03. Easily. He should've been bigger than he was, but he just didn't want to. Shame too. Heck of a nice guy (down to earth), and a great talent.

I remember watching Jeffs DVD and one thing that stuck out in my mind was a JR comment, which said something like:

"Jeff is an enigma. A very special human being. When you're talented to do what he does in the ring, and have every fan cheering for you - men, women, and children - that's very hard to do.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Future Endeavored

KingHill is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I like Jeff Hardy.

As the most mainstream faces he will get heat from Internet-Marks.

But Jeff is great, he's not my fav, but I understand why he's the champ and why he is the man right now in proffessional wrestling.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 PM

Airehk is looking to come up from OCW...Airehk is looking to come up from OCW...

Standing on the turnbuckle, flashing lights, face painted, screen cropped from waist-up, angry face and middle and index fingers pointing to his mouth.

Pretty generic, ideal vision of the guy, but it's because I feel like I have already seen it all from the guy. Sure he's talented acrobatically and knows how to get a pop from the crowd, but I feel there is nothing from the guy at this point that is considered "must-see".
sendpm.gif
Old 03-08-2013, 01:34 PM
The crow no longer sings to me...
World Heavyweight Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...

♫ Make it to the top of my profession! ♫

No, no — that's not right

♫ Another me is what there will never be. Another life like this you'll never see...♫

Nope, still not quite there.

♫ I've been resurected — Oh I've been resurrected! ♫

Getting warmer...

♫ I am a dying breed. Laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with me at any place or time! ♫

There it is!

--

Nah, but seriously, when I think Hardy, I think highlight reel. I think of memorable Swanton's and Whisper's in the Wind and championship chasing/defending matches that often justify the mediocrity of a card that Hardy is ultimately head-lining. I think of the face paint and the dancing and the "charismatic enigma".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-08-2013, 01:36 PM
If I post, feel blessed.

Leakee is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Skype™ to Leakee

I still have a soft spot for Jeff, no matter what he's been through. I've been a fan all through my childhood and I don't plan on stopping that. He's had legendary matches with the likes of the Undertaker, and pulled off some of the biggest spots (for example Swanton on Orton, Triangle Ladder Match spots.) He has an individual look, which has evolved to what he is now, and I think his face-paint looks badass. Why wouldn't you want Jeff in your company while he's clean and he's at a fantastic point of his career. Although it does sound a bit difficult to employ someone who is unable to come to the UK. Unfortunately you're gonna have to write him off TV for these tours but all in all I'm still supporting the guy even at the age of 35.

sendpm.gif
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 PM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
Honestly, It's still really hard for me to get passed the years of drug abuse. Not the fact that he was a drug addict, in fact a lot of wrestlers I know and love are, but the fact that it affected his career so much. Fired twice from WWE and don't even get me started on the "match" with sting. It's just crazy to me how a guy can get this many freaking second chances.

When he was teaming with his brother through the 90s and early 00s I absolutely loved watching the guy. He was one of the most exciting wrestlers around by far. I never really considered him a great technical wrestler but the stunts he pulled were amazing. But even durring his first WWE singles run it was evident that he was slowing down. He started getting more control of his character. His face paint and mannerisms I was never a fan of. His entrance music in TNA I hate (he creates it). He's just a character I don't like. Terrible work ethic, no shows, constant drug use while working. Just a mess to me. He's not nearly as exciting as before and I just don't like the guy.

Maybe I'm hard on him.
He was never fired from WWE, he asked for his release twice to "recoup" from his ongoing injuries and possibly to avoid wellness violations, in both cases he ended up in TNA and after the first time he wanted back into WWE and they accepted him and pushed him to the moon then he asked for his release again citing burn out, only taking a month off then doing indy dates and ending up once again TNA

Last edited by GameOver : 03-08-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 PM
the Icon
WWE Diva's Champion

Judah's Lion is looking to come up from OCW...Judah's Lion is looking to come up from OCW...Judah's Lion is looking to come up from OCW...Judah's Lion is looking to come up from OCW...Judah's Lion is looking to come up from OCW...Judah's Lion is looking to come up from OCW...Judah's Lion is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
[i]
Nah, but seriously, when I think Hardy, I think highlight reel. I think of memorable Swanton's and Whisper's in the Wind and championship chasing/defending matches that often justify the mediocrity of a card that Hardy is ultimately head-lining. I think of the face paint and the dancing and the "charismatic enigma".

exactly this. Jeff Hardy is a highlight reel. and i mean that in no way as a criticism.

besides the face paint and the high flying moves, his name and "ladders" just seem to go hand-in-hand for me. ladder match with Taker, too-many-to-count ladder matches and tlc matches with his brother, most recently against Austin Aires. when it comes to high risk, Jeff Hardy is quite literally at the top of the ladder.

sorry for the terrible pun.
sendpm.gif