WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Bully Ray 22 81.48%
Jeff Hardy 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Mad Fer It!
World Heavyweight Champion

Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...

I don't think Bully Ray is going to win this, but I would love to see him do so.

If I was booking TNA, I would do what another poster has already suggested and have Bully win the belt, then swerve both Brooke and Hulk, revealing himself to be a member of Aces & Eights, and say something about using Brooke to get close to Hogan and earn himself a title shot. Bully Ray is far better as a heel, and I am getting sick of his face character now, its about time he got a title run but as a bad guy, not the guy who paints his face to look like Sting, or who licks Hogan's ass.

But, I don't see TNA taking the belt off Hardy, especially as he hasnt been on TV in a while.

BRING BACK TARA!
sendpm.gif
Old 02-23-2013, 01:04 AM
WZPC Grand Slam Champion
WWF Hardcore Champion

Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm gonna take Bully in this one. The big swerve of Bully turning heel is coming at Lockdown and I think that happens with Aces & Eights helping Bully take the belt. This one really could go either way though, But i'm sick of Hardy as champ and IF Bully IS in Aces & Eights then it'd be huge for him to have the belt come with him.

Credit to Red Skull for the BLISSful sig.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Ambassador of the Grind
WWE Women's Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm gonna say as well that Bully goes heel again and joins A&8's to get the strap. My reasoning being that thus far the A&8's have done nothing but lose (with the exception of this past Impact), and an occasional attack. Plus, lately Taz has been pointing out a change in the aftermath of Lockdown. I think this might be the best move, especially considering that Ray has been chasing the title for the last two and a half years. I want him to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hardy wins.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

It should be a good match first and foremost, these two know each other inside out and have been working together for close to 15 years. The cage stipulation suits them both but I hope Jeff comes up with something different to do off the top.

I just can't see them not pulling the heel turn with Bully, this farce with him clearly being insincere to Hogan and Sting can't run much longer, and while it it may seem too obvious I'd have him revealed as the leader of Ace & Eights because that group needs a proper main event guy in it, as right now it's a group working a main event program with mid card talent.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

The Lockdown card, to me at least, isn't looking all that impressive. I expect it to be a pretty weak show overall, but this is a chance for TNA to salvage something and end the night on a high note by putting the TNA World Heavyweight Championship on Bully Ray.

I'm hoping that they really turn the heat up for this match in a major way on next week's go home show. In my opinion, the build for this match has been damn near atrocious. As for Jeff Hardy, Hardy has been a pretty weak champion in my eyes. I know he's wildly popular for some reason but he's constantly needed his opponents to carry him in the build up for his matches with them. He had great matches with Aries, no question, but, frankly, Hardy's lack of real personality, apart from his freaky face paint and tats, and the fact that he's been off TNA television for a month has hurt his title reign. Bully Ray is over whether he's a face or a heel. Even if it turns out that Ray isn't with Aces & Eights or doesn't turn heel, or whatever people are expecting from him at Lockdown, Ray as champ sounds fresh to me.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 AM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Wow, a lot of people are pulling for a Bully Ray win. I think it would be great, but I don't see it happening. Jeff Hardy is the face of the company, and is still drawing the most. His title run is going to go until people get bored with him. Thats how I see it, no matter how great Ray has been the last few years, his title run is long overdue, but it is just going to have to wait.

IHW's Prediction- Hardy wins, and nothing more is made of it. No heel turn. No attacks. Just a good ole cage match.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think Bully is long over due to win the title. He may or may not be in Aces and eights, but even if he isn't I think he should turn. They have tried to hard to keep him face, and add in the fact that he got in with Hogan to get the title shot it just screams heel turn. I am predicting just that and Bully wins the title.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 PM
The Hippest Cat In The Land
Million Dollar Champion

Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...

Like the majority in this thread, I'm going with Bully winning the title and being revealed as a member of Aces & Eights. Bully turning heel and joining A&8's might be the only thing that keeps people a little interested in the storyline. TNA loves to listen to the IWC so I won't be suprised if that's what ends up happening at Lockdown.

Like Hugh G. Rection, if Hardy does retain at Lockdown, I can't see who else Jeff Hardy can defend the title against in future besides James Storm, but we know how his push turned out. Slammirversary is coming up, and who has headlined TNA's second biggest PPV for the last 3 years since they got rid of King Of The Mountain? Sting. He'll likely headline this year again and I doubt we'll see Hardy vs. Sting again especially since they are both babyfaces now. Bully vs. Sting though is a fresh match, it's never happened before, and it would make a ton of sense if this swerve does take place at Lockdown. Sting and Hogan are best buds, he'd be the first person to defend Hogan's honor, and Bully and Sting do have a bit of history themselves, with them teaming against A&8's on some occassions and Sting lobbying for Hogan to overturn Bully's suspension in January, so after Hogan and Brooke (unless she's in on it with Bully), Sting would be next person to be the most betrayed by Bully.

On the other hand, I could see Jeff retaining because he hasn't been on TV much lately, but I personally hope they go with Bully winning due to this swerve and this leads to Bully vs. Sting at Slammirversary for the title. Would be epic.

Last edited by Macho Machismo : 03-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...

I feel like a Bully heel turn could be really good. maybe the reason he became face and got Hulk's trust was specifically to get a title shot. maybe he felt disrespected because he never got a title shot when he was heel before, so he felt he need to go this route. I don't think he ever had a title shot while heel, right?
now I do also think him becoming Aces/Eights could help save that story line, but I just don't know if that feels right. he has had some altercations with Aces/Eights, but even more than that with Devon. he turned on Devon to become heel awhile back. so now he is going to turn heel to join Devon again?

something I've been wondering. if Bully turns heel and is revealed that he is Aces/Eights, HOW does it happen?
I would imagine Aces/Eights would have to help Bully win the title. but does TNA do that, but without actually making it obvious Bully is Aces/Eights? maybe that reveal would not come until Impact on Thursday. like Lockdown ends without knowing where Bully stands. he could win the title, but it's unknown whether he was working with Aces/Eights, or whether Aces/Eights helped him without him knowing.
or do Aces/Eights help Bully win the title, and then they all celebrate in the ring after the match, making it obvious Bully is Aces/Eights.
sendpm.gif