WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

As far as personality goes, it's definitely Ohno. He's given some great performances on the mic in NXT and it wouldn't surprise me if he's brought up to the main roster sometime after WrestleMania. I think Cesaro has the potential to be stronger on the mic, but his current character is so limited that I think we've yet to see what he's really capable of.

As far as in-ring ability, I'd say that they're about on the same level. Both use a more smash mouth style. I'd say Ohno uses more submission moves in his arsenal that aren't as basic as Cesaro, though both are pretty physical.

As far as the look goes, Cesaro takes it all day long. Ohno is someone that has a pretty weird body type. He's not fat but he's not skinny. He's also a pretty big guy, yet he doesn't really look like he's a big guy. He also has a distinct lack of muscle tone.

The both bring something that's just a little different to the table. One is better in some areas, one is better in the other and there are enough similarities between them to make it all mesh well. I suppose that's one reason why they were such a hailed tag team in ROH.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
WWE Women's Champion

Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavros241000 View Post
The title is as straight forward as possible. Who do you prefer? I, personally, have to most DEFINITELY go with KO, I used to love him as Chris Hero, why in the blue hell doesn't he use that name now? Also, I believe the time for him to be called up is now, he is DEFINITELY ready. I think KO has more charisma AND he is more of a brawler than Cesaro, which I prefer over the technical style of wrestling, which Cesaro gets the edge in IMO. Chris Hero>CC>KO>Cesaro. So, what do you guys think? Why? Let me know!!!!
Hero knew that when he came over to the WWE that he would have to get a new name before ever debuting on the main roster. That is just a fact of life. So to combat any potential character/name combination that the WWE may give him that would potentially hold him back(McGillicutty says hello) he instead came up with the Kassius Ohno name and character himself and pitched to the WWE upon his signing. They were impressed with his fore-thought, and allowed him to run with the character. It really is a small change from what he was prior, and in fact Kassius Ohno is based-on and a play off of his "Young K.O. Kid" persona.

As for comparing the two. First Claudio owes a great deal of his technical prowess to a longstanding partnership with Hero that basically acted as prolonged training period. Hero is as well versed in every facet of the art as any current worker in his age/experience range. From that standpoint, he is comparable to Punk and Bryan. It is a bit of a stretch to call Claudio a protege of Hero, but in a way it is also quasi-accurate.

Hero is a more complete in-ring worker, with more knowledge, experience, and a much better feel for storytelling. Claudio is definitely the flashier of the two due to the things he can perform because of his ridiculous strength level and above average athleticism for his size. Chris obviously doesn't have the same natural physical gifts.

Hero is also a superior mic worker. I know alot of people think that Claudio's "Cesaro" gimmick is limiting, because it is clearly defined how the character should talk, the types of things he should say, and how he should carry himself. But, that type of character helps Claudio because he can perform comfortably inside a box and not risk having to stretch himself beyond what he may be capable of. Hero on the other hand needs no limitations on the types of promos he can cut, and will be able to evolve his character however is needed over the course of time he will spend on the main roster.

The reason is quite obvious why Claudio has been pushed on the main roster, while Hero hasn't cracked the NXT midcard or really threatened to be called-up yet. That reason? Look. Claudio is an impressive physical specimen, you can't help but take notice when you see him. Hero, while having the height and other positive assets to his look, has always been somewhat "loose" or "flabby", atleast by WWE standards.

For the TL;DR crowd...
Claudio has the better look. Hero is far more seasoned in the ring and has the superior charisma/mic skills.

Preferably I would have loved to see them remain a tag team. They were the best in the industry just a short time ago. I also think being the main mouthpiece half of a tag team may be Hero's best way to get his foot in the door of the main roster.

I am confident that once Hero has found a way to ascend the ladder he will manage to get himself over. I would have loved to see him as an original part of the Shield angle. Hopefully he isn't destined to rot in developmental.

Also, I think that Hero's eventual future is as the head trainer at NXT, but hopefully he gets a nice, long, successful run with the big dogs first.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
High Definition
WWE Diva's Champion

Mr. HD is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. HD is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. HD is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. HD is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. HD is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. HD is looking to come up from OCW...

Tough to choose between The Kings of Wrestling.

Hero/Ohno is better on the mic and has a more versatile and innovative moveset. He has this style about him that makes people gravitate towards him.

But the more I see of Cesaro, the more I want to lean towards him. His mic skills aren't the best, but he is so skilled in the ring and his strength and power work really well with his moveset. He's got more of the look and build over Hero.

As much as I would like to see The Kings of Wrestling reunite in the WWE, a feud between these two would be very entertaining and not to mention they can probably put on a great match.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:06 PM
On Instagram str8 flexin'
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManureTheBear View Post
What I WOULD love is a KOW tag-team, but knowing the WWE, Ohno will probably get the living, breathing shit jobbed out of him for the first year or so.
Yes, because all those indy guys are getting jobbed. Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, etc.

Ohno has improved his work in NXT and now I could see him getting a call up to the main roster. If he could just improve his physique a little bit more, he could be that Bruiser Brody type. Brawler, wild, and great on the stick.

But as far as this goes, Cesaro is much better than Ohno at this point. Cesaro has got the look, the power, getting a good push, is known among the fans, building his heat, the audience does get excited for a Cesaro match, etc.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:06 PM

InstantAttitude is looking to come up from OCW...

I perfer Ohno.
But I say Cesaro overall will be more successful, he's younger has already debuted on the Roster and has a look WWE management can possibly get over with. Ohno right now his probably still on NXT due to his look/weight, recently he lost his teeth, and I heard he MIGHT have lost some of his HEARING 0_0. So idk.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2013, 08:14 AM
puts the "D" in "ODB"
WWE Diva's Champion

Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...Dirk scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Yes, because all those indy guys are getting jobbed. Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, etc.
Ohno is not getting a major push in NXT, what makes you think he will be fast tracked into the main-event on one of the bigger shows?
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2013, 09:23 PM

Wolver is looking to come up from OCW...

Antonio Cesaro, I don't think Ohno will be as impressive. But, I will love to see them as tags of course as the kings of wrestling. They were great together, and they actually might help the division. Seeing Kane/Bryan vs Cesaro/Ohno for the Tag team titles will be great for WM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2013, 07:28 AM
#1SamoaJoe

#1SamoaJoe is looking to come up from OCW...

He will still always be Chris Hero in my eyes and the vast majority who loves his work. He has an endless amount of more in ring charisma and overall has the stuff to be solid. Will he be given the chance who knows. I'm actually impressed with Cesaro so far. He's kept his belt whether through "clean wins", or by cheating. It has been a nice gradual climb for him.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-04-2013, 12:41 AM
On Instagram str8 flexin'
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManureTheBear View Post
Ohno is not getting a major push in NXT, what makes you think he will be fast tracked into the main-event on one of the bigger shows?
Ambrose wasn't even featured on NXT when it was repackaged and was barely heard of before The Shield.

Reigns was featured just once on NXT but before that, he wasn't getting a major push.

Point; just because you get a major push doesn't mean you are going to be the next one called up.

What makes me think that he may get a push to the main roster is that he is improving his all around game and not just coasting on his Chris Hero fame. As I posted before, he just needs to improve his physique.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

Cesaro has the look and beastly strength that gives him the advantage from the jump off, but his lack of mic skills will need to be addressed if he's going to get into the main event as a regular, perhaps a manager will be the final piece of the puzzle.

Ohno has a great finish and I think he's more of a storyteller in the ring than Cesaro plus he can talk, but he'll need mic time in the same way Punk got it in order to really get over as his look will not catch the eye and his in ring style is not flashy.