WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Always posts around Mania Season.

Elchicano15 is looking to come up from OCW...Elchicano15 is looking to come up from OCW...

So this is my first thread to start and if I have this in the wrong section I apologize. This is about Wrestlemania which is a WWE event so I figured I'd put it here.

Anyways, each Wrestlemania seems to have a memorable moment. What are some of your favorite moments? What did you pop for or mark out to? What stood out?..Was it an amazing match or the aftermath of it? Celebrity involvement? Did something make you laugh? Was it a backstage segment? or a reunion?

Wrestlemania Mohammed Ali returning to the garden to officiate the main event.
Wrestlemania 2 I don't really remember that well. I was like 5 at the time.
Wrestlemania 3 Hoagan slams Andre. Ricky Steamboat winning the IC Title. Jake coming out with Alice Cooper
Wrestlemania 4 Andre chokes Bob Uecker
Wrestlemania 5 Piper's pit with Morton Downy JR where Piper uses the fire extinguisher on Morton.
Wrestlemania 6 Hogan congratulates the Ultimate Warrior for the win
Wrestlemania 7 Randy Savage and Liz reunite.
Wrestlemania 8 The Warrior returns to help out Hogan getting beat by Papa Shango and Sid.
Wrestlemania 9 Undertaker gets wheeled out to the back in a stretcher as Giant Gonzalez celebrates. All of a sudden the gong goes off and taker comes back out furious and attacks Giant Gonzalez sending him out of the ring. Savage was on commentary and said "You can't kill a dead man"
Wrestlemania 10 Bret Hart beats Yokozuna and the faces come on out from the back to celebrate with him. Owen's at the aisle wanting to challenge him. The birth of the New Generation ERA
Wrestlemania 11 Bob Backlund getting beat in the I quit match and then tells JR in a euphoric sage "I Saw the light" or "I saw Light" or Diesel coming out with Pam Anderson and celebrating with the guest celebrities after his win.
Wrestlemania 12 The Boyhood dream coming true for Shawn Michaels. Undertaker beating Diesel. I like the camera shot that zooms out from Diesel after getting pinned.
Wrestlemania 13 Austin slowly becoming a fan favorite and Bret in the process of turning heel.
Wrestlemania 14 Stone Cold winning the title. "STONE COLD, STONE COLD, STONE COLD" and L.O.D returning.
Wrestlemania 15 McMahon getting choke slammed by the Big Show then getting the Big Show arrested. Austin having a beer with Earl Hebner was kind of funny to. I was kinda hoping Hebner did get drunk and fall down. He almost did. lol
Wrestlemania 2000 Jeff Hardy's swanton from the 20ft ladder.
Wrestlemania 17 In the APA office, Bradshaw gives Jackie and Farooq a pep talk before going out for their match. The Gimmick battle royal brought some nostalgia as well. I was happy to see Heenan at the table once again.
Wrestlemania 18 The Rock vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan from start to finish and after with the celebration.
Wrestlemania 19 A Bloodied McMahon crawling from the ring apron about to attack Hulk Hogan. Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle after their match is another good one.
Wrestlemania 20 Benoit wins the title and Eddie comes out to celebrate with him. I'm man enough to say that it still gets me a lil choked up.
Wrestlemania 21 Hulk Hogan helping Eugene beating on Mohammed Hassan and Divari.
Wrestlemania 22 Edge spearing Mick Foley on the burning table, and even Rey Mysterio winning the world heavyweight title. "Dreams do come true"
Wrestlemania 23 Austin stunning Donald Trump, and the ECW originals coming through the crowd before their match.
Wrestlemania 24 "I'm sorry, I love you" Shawn Michaels super kicks Ric Flair and his career.
Wrestlemania 25 Undertaker tombstones Michaels but kicks out just before 3. JR: "I Just had an outter body experiance" LOL. I also can't forget the triple threat match for the heavyweight title when Big Show gets stuck in the ropes. "Hey Ref...Chioda! Get me the hell out from here" LOL
Wrestlemania 26 Bret Hart gets his revenge and also the end of Michaels career.
Wrestlemania 27 This is hard to say as it's one of my least favorite manias but I'll go with Edge's last match or Cena's entrance.
Wrestlemania 28 Big Show winning the IC title. The start of his long awaited push, or the Birth of YES. Shame that it was cut short.

Ok, your turn.

Ah yes, I forgot to add in Miz's entrance at 27 as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Knockout Champion

Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...

Good thread. Here are the moments I remember most from each.

WrestleMania - Other than the event itself (being the first WrestleMania), nothing really stood out for me at this one.

WrestleMania 2 - One of my least favorites. Nothing memorable.

WrestleMania 3 - Savage/Steamboat. The entire match, start to finish. It was as close to perfect as a wrestling match can be.

WrestleMania 4 - Savage holding the title at the end of the night.

WrestleMania 5 - The commentary during the main event. Ventura was so rabidly pro-Savage it just makes a mediocre match a hundred times more interesting.

WrestleMania 6 - Hogan losing the title. I was rooting for him and was shocked to see Warrior beat him.

WrestleMania 7 - Savage and Miss Elizabeth reunite.

WrestleMania 8 - The DQ finish. What a load of crap.

WrestleMania 9 - How disappointed I was that Bret lost.

WrestleMania 10 - That ladder match. Damn that was good.

WrestleMania 11 - The feeling of "they called THAT WrestleMania????". Worst WrestleMania of all time in my book.

WrestleMania 12 - Being shocked the Iron Man match ended in a 0-0 draw and had to go into overtime. I had predicted a 4-3 HBK win.

WrestleMania 13 - Didn't see the double turn coming.

WrestleMania 14 - I was praying for HBK to retain, so I was bitterly disappointed when Austin won.

WrestleMania 15 - Austin winning the title again. Ugh.

WrestleMania 16 - Shocked beyond belief that Triple H retained the title. First time ever a heel retained at WrestleMania in the main event.

WrestleMania 17 - Austin turning heel and winning the belt. And being even more shocked that Austin was finally cool.

WrestleMania 18 - Really didn't see The Rock winning that match.

WrestleMania 19 - Brock Lesnar damn near breaking his neck with a shooting star. Also, this tied for my favorite WrestleMania of all time.

WrestleMania 20 - If you could watch World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit and WWE Champion Eddie Guerrero embrace in the ring while confetti poured from the ceiling and not be happy, you weren't a wrestling fan *cough Kevin Nash cough*

WrestleMania 21 - Benoit biting the ring apron and making everyone think his arm was legit broken, and JBL's entrance.

WrestleMania 22 - JBL winning the United States Championship.

WrestleMania 23 - My indescribable fury at seeing Undertaker's "main event" match for the World Heavyweight Championship stuck in the mid-card.

WrestleMania 24 - My other favorite WrestleMania of all time. I remember almost being in tears from how happy I was at finally seeing Edge defending the World Heavyweight Championship in the main event of WrestleMania.

WrestleMania 25 - Being shocked that they would book such a mediocre event (Taker/HBK aside) as the 25th edition (not anniversary like they claimed it was) of WrestleMania.

WrestleMania 26 - Not being able to understand why people hate this event so much, it was awesome. And being surprised Edge lost.

WrestleMania 27 - Shocked, disappointed, and enraged that Edge/Del Rio opened the show, but overjoyed that Edge retained. The only truly good moment on an otherwise terrible show. Oh and Miz's entrance was awesome.

WrestleMania 28 - Big Show finally winning the Intercontinental Championship.

WrestleMania 29 - I'll let you know after I finally get to see a WrestleMania in person.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM

I hate Cena sold outI hate Cena sold outI hate Cena sold outI hate Cena sold out

Wrestlemania Moolah kissing Lord Alfred.
Wrestlemania 2 "All those pounds going up and up and up"-Susan St. James misunderstanding cage match rules
Wrestlemania 3 "Started off as a single famly unit..." -Bob
Wrestlemania 4 Ricky walking to the ring holding Richie
Wrestlemania 5 "Don't smoke!"-Rockers
Wrestlemania 6 "I've been to the Super Bowl! I've been to the World Series! I've been to the Rolling Stones!"-Jesse
Wrestlemania 7 A girl jumping up and down in the front show wearing a WM7 shirt. Fell in love with her at first sight.
Wrestlemania 8 Tito kissing Reba's hand.
Wrestlemania 9 "Shut up Heenan!"-Mach
Wrestlemania 10 IMO the new generation was born when Bret beat Ric in Saskatoon. Anyway, my memory from this is when the wrestlers went backstage to talk on the 1-900 number after their match.
Wrestlemania 11 "The pageantry!"-VKM
Wrestlemania 12 Lothario points up toward the rafters...
Wrestlemania 13HBK using a jumbo laptop.
Wrestlemania 14 The DX band's medley to start things off
Wrestlemania 15 HBK's brief appearance which can only be seen on original recordings of this show
Wrestlemania 2000 The final time My Time would play at WM
Wrestlemania 17 The Rock pushing off the mat to sell the stunner
Wrestlemania 18 "Coach... do you believe in God?"-Rock
Wrestlemania 19 The crooked path to the ring reminded me of the good ol days.
Wrestlemania 20 Eddie successfully defending his WWE title.
Wrestlemania 21 Benoit selling that injury.
Wrestlemania 22 The entire Allstate Arena booing Cena and telling him "Fuck you Cena!"
Wrestlemania 23 The crowd going quiet and angry when cena got the undeserved win.
Wrestlemania 24 "Have a nice Dizzle!"-Mick
Wrestlemania 25 HBK's entrance
Wrestlemania 26 Nattie's cleavage.
Wrestlemania 27 The entire Georgia Dome booing cena's racist entrance.
Wrestlemania 28 The entire stadium booing cena when he came out after MGK.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2013, 12:54 PM
POST OUTTA NOWHERE!!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm not going to go down and write about every WrestleMania because quite frankly I skipped a few of them. However I do have some memories that I do enjoy, specially Shawn Michaels entrance at WrestleMania XII. As a kid you gotta love those feelings, I mean Shawn had been there for some time now, and he would fight his nemesis and Bret Hart is without a doubt the number one rival of Shawn Michaels.

Other moments that I do enjoy was watching Rey Mysterio win is World Heavyweight Championship some years later because lets face it, it was such an emotional run with Eddie's dead and what not, and one thing is a storyline other is the feeling of realism and you knew that Mysterio and Eddie were really good friends, you saw that on television and doing it for him and the whole feeling was great. As an half brained smark I guess that I did enjoy The Miz retaining his title at WrestleMania.

~~ ICHI-BAN-SUGEE-NO-WA PURORESU NAN-DA-YO! ~~
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Canadian Cool

Chopper is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Since I rented Wrestlemanias 1-14. The first one I watched live was WM15. Now it wasn't one of the best in terms of quality, but was memorable for the good times I had with friends. After Austin won the belt, I saw a sign with my last name "Fretz 6:32". Everyone flipped out. My next favourite came two years later, WMX7. The best PPV of all time. I remember having many nostalgia moments during the Gimmick Battle Royal and being upset when the Iron Sheik won.

credit: Theo Mays
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 PM
AJ Lee calls me everynight!!
WCW TV Champion

Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I dont know if this qualifies as a WM moment or not but one moment sticks out to me is Austin refusing to lose to the rock at WM17. Granted it was one hell of a match but Austin in that match was just vicious. He got more and more vicious as the match went on. But when McMahon handed Austin the chair to destroy the rock austin just kept whipping and whipping the rock into submission.

Plus the evil handshake between the two after the match was shocking and definitely no one saw coming. That to me is a huge WM moment one that will live forever.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM

teampunk is looking to come up from OCW...

in wrestlemania 21 when hogan came out. i was there and was in the bathroom when eugene came out. i heard him talking and knew something was going to go down so i got back to my seat right away. then when Hogans music hit the place just exploded. people were going nuts. totally epic.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...

Wrestlemania King Kong Bundy murdering SD Jones in 9 seconds, my earliest ever memory of professional wrestling
Wrestlemania 2 Hulk Hogan powerslamming King Kong Bundy in the cage, massive effort after the story of the crushed ribs just 6 weeks beforehand
Wrestlemania 3 Hogan beating Andre, hands down biggest moment in WWE for a long time after
Wrestlemania 4 Savage winning the title,
Wrestlemania 5 Hogan bleeding for what I think was the first time on WWE tv on ppv in his match with Savage.
Wrestlemania 6 Hogan congratulates the Ultimate Warrior for the win
Wrestlemania 7 Randy Savage and Liz reunite.
Wrestlemania 8 Piper being cleanly pinned for the first time in his WWE career
Wrestlemania 9 Lex Luger in a WWE ring, was weird as shiot for me at the time
Wrestlemania 10 Owen Hart pinning Bret clean, didnt expect it at the time
Wrestlemania 11 no memorable moments from this card, worst Mania of ALL TIME
Wrestlemania 12 Ultimate Warrior destroying HHH
Wrestlemania 13 Austin vs Bret Hart
Wrestlemania 14 HBK finally getting pinned for a title belt
Wrestlemania 15 HBK returning to Mania as Commisioner
Wrestlemania 16 Benoit and Jericho in a Wrestlemania ring
Wrestlemania 17 GREATEST MANIA OF ALL TIME, IMO
Wrestlemania 18 The Rock vs Hulk Hogan
Wrestlemania 19 Lesnar near breaking his neck.
Wrestlemania 20 Benoit wins the title and Eddie comes out to celebrate with him.
Wrestlemania 21 Angle vs Michaels, top 3 mania matches of all time
Wrestlemania 22 Edge spearing Mick Foley on the burning table, Hart in the HOF
Wrestlemania 23 Austin stunning Donald Trump, and the ECW originals coming through the crowd before their match.
Wrestlemania 24 Flairs "last" match
Wrestlemania 25 Undertaker vs Michaels start to finish
Wrestlemania 26 Bret Hart vs Vince
Wrestlemania 27 Rock costing Cena the match against Miz
Wrestlemania 28 Rock pinning Cena clean
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 AM

Max_Power is looking to come up from OCW...

I'll just go with a few:
Wrestlemania X-Seven: Spear off the ladder
Wrestlemania 19: Brock Lesnar SSP
Wrestlemania 22: Edge spearing Mick Foley through the flaming table/Michaels elbow frop from the ladder onto Vince through the table!
Wrestlemania 24: HBK's Sweet Chin Music to Michaels
Wrestlemania 28: Undertaker kicking out of the Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combination - I thought the Streak was over.

Anyway that's just the main ones from the last 15 or so years

Check out how I'd book the road to WrestleMania 29!

CLICK HERE!!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...

WrestleMania III: Hogan bodyslamming Andre

WrestleMania VI: Hogan losing to Warrior

WrestleMania X: Bret being carried in the ring after winning the title

WrestleMania XII: Shawn celebrating in the ring after winning the title

WrestleMania XIII: Undertaker celebrating after winning the title

WrestleMania XIV: Tyson punching Shawn

WrestleMania XV: Rock doing commentary

WrestleMania XVII: Austin turning heel, Edge spearing Jeff Hardy hanging from the titles

WrestleMania XVIII: Crowd during Rock/Hogan match

WrestleMania XIX: Rock thanking Austin after beating him, Brock missing the shooting star press

WrestleMania XX: Crowd during Brock/Goldberg match, Trish and Christian making out, Benoit and Eddie celebrating

WrestleMania XXI: Changing of the guard with Cena and Batista winning titles, first MITB match

WrestleMania XXII: Edge spearing Mankind through the burning table

WrestleMania XXIII: Kennedy's promo after winning MITB, McMahon getting his head shaved, Shawn piledriving Cena on the steel steps

WrestleMania XXIV: Shawn apologizing to Flair for "retiring him:

WrestleMania XXV: Undertaker jumping over the top rope and nearly breaking his neck, Cena lifting Show and Edge for the AA

WrestleMania XXVI: Shawn crawling up Takers leg and mocking him before Taker ends his career

WrestleMania XXVII: Rock/Austin backstage, Taker pulling off hells gate out of no where to beat HHH

WrestleMania XXVIII: Rock's return to Mania competition, Shawn/HHH/Taker walking out together

All American Boys
sendpm.gif