WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 PM

LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...

As soon as I saw the promos I was having Disco Inferno flashbacks , part of that is the silouette profile they use on the "Fandango" screams Disco Inferno. I am willing to give the guy a chance but already I am not a fan, not in a good - the guy is a great heel way , but in a ... Have they not rehashed this angle before with mediocer success. I could be wrong but this looks like if you crossed Disco inferno with Carlito and tossed in a dancing with the stars twist you would have Fandango.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-27-2013, 09:33 PM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't know what to think yet and don't know if I want him as a face/heel because I haven't seen more than short vignettes. It'd be stupid of me to pass judgment one way or another prematurely. I'm excited though, it's something new.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2013, 03:41 PM
On Instagram str8 flexin'
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...Marlene's Disaster worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hey, Alex Wright and Disco Inferno got over in WCW. I think Rico was over as well.

Let's be honest, he's not going to take up a main event or upper mid card spot. He will be used as the heel to make other mid card faces look stronger. Orton/Cesaro/Barrett/Sheamus/Kofi/Dolph can't keep trading wins with each other.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Ryder? I barely even know her!

Big Papa Santo is looking to come up from OCW...Big Papa Santo is looking to come up from OCW...Big Papa Santo is looking to come up from OCW...Big Papa Santo is looking to come up from OCW...Big Papa Santo is looking to come up from OCW...

As much as I like Johnny Curtis and am happy that he's finally going to debut in a match where he's not getting squashed by Mark Henry, I just don't see this character lasting that long until he becomes jobber material. But hey, if Santino Marella has had a job for almost 6 years, then you never know where this character could go.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 PM

Fandoth is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Curtis/fandango

Someone earlier asked about the promised tag title shot earned by winning NXT. Curtis actually was given this shot as a main event match on the new weekly NXT. He teamed with Michael McGillicuddy (I spell that right?) and they lost miserably to team hell no (Daniel Bryan and Kane). They even advertised the title matches the match that Curtis earned from winning NXT. Just clearing that up. I have Hulu, so I tend to watch superstars, NXT, and Main Event. Saturday morning slam I watch on Cable ( I dvr it, screw waking up for a half hour of promos, commericial s, and two non intense fights)

I also like Brodus clay (or maybe I like the funkadactyles) and Long Island iced z,and those smaller shows are the best chances to see them (or see them win at least).
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Waiting for Halloween......
World Heavyweight Champion

The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...

I didn't like the backstage promo at all. I know it's only one glimpse, so I'll hold off on more harsh criticisms for now. He's going to be a suave and narcissistic Casanova. I get that, but the promo just fell flat for me. And Fandango holding off his in-ring debut on Smackdown was a nice way to get more heat. Still, the promo didn't interest me at all.

Honestly, I think Johnny Curtis was better off as the obsessive goofball, who turned ironic jokes into skits, and pouring a bottle of milk on himself.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Personal friend of Rosebud Rabbit
TNA Champion

Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
Honestly, I think Johnny Curtis was better off as the obsessive goofball, who turned ironic jokes into skits, and pouring a bottle of milk on himself.
He was also one of the only guys to lose to Drew McIntyre on Superstars, during a time that no one was losing to him.

Last night was a bit disappointing, though. It reminded me of Damien Sandow's initial appearances, in which he was called to the ring to wrestle but refused the first few times because his scheduled opponent wasn't worthy of him, in his opinion. The difference is that Sandow's arrival wasn't as heavily anticipated as Fandango's. For weeks, we've been hearing about this guy, and when the time finally came to see him in the ring..............nada.

Hopefully, Fan......dan.....go will fare better than Kizarny as far as the results turning out to be as good as the promise.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

His promo was different. His pronunciation of his name and the way he sort of felt himself up gave me the impression that WWE is going for a creepy effeminate guy. They might also go for the suave, Casanova type but I got more of a "creepy gay guy" feel. As a result, people are going to automatically assume his character is gay, or at least they're going to want to think that he is. As a result, the guy could potentially get some good heat.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 PM
I Win at Winning

VictorySauce23 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think he's just going to be a jobber. His gimmick is a dancer and we already have that in the form of Brodus Clay. They should have just kept him as Johnny Curtis but they had to give him a lame gimmick. He'll probably just job for a few months and then disappear.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:48 PM

HiddenInPlainView is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Fandango "Debut"

On Raw tonight Fandango was all set to debut against Kofi Kingston when Justin Roberts "screwed up" the pronunciation of his name. Fandango refused to enter the ring and once again delayed his "debut" because of this perceived lack of respect to him.

His refusal to wrestle is a great way to get fans to hate this guy. He is good looking guy with a great look and a beautiful woman on his arm who ballroom dances. Now he is refusing to entertain the fans because he feels that he is being disrespected. it is easy to not like this guy because of all these things. This is very similar to the last Jericho returned and refused to speak. The crowd cheered at first but quickly turned on him. Personally i think this is being handled great. The Fandango character could have been a very slippery slope and easy to ruin with a terrible introduction. This is a fantastic way to get fans to hate him without making him into some cheesy dancing gimmick. What are everyone's thoughts on Fandango so far?
sendpm.gif