WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Causing a Ruckusfuck
WCW TV Champion

Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This gimmick is a classic, and I'm glad to see it's already achieving its purpose.

YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. This is Disco Inferno, Mark VII. The idea is to get people to have a gut reaction to the gimmick and hate the character because of it. "A ballroom dancer?!?!?! On WRESTLING?!?!?! Booooo!!!!"

Before people go "I don't see how this gimmick is built for long term success", it doesn't have to be a gimmick that makes him a world champion. You can always adapt a gimmick; it's been a long time since we've seen HHH eat caviar.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 AM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not sure about debuting another dancing gimmick this soon after Brodus Clay. I guess it all depends how well Curtis pulls it off. I never really envision him being anytime more than a midcarder at best.. So I guess its not a bad thing for him to try.

Last edited by XXJJ : 12-12-2012 at 12:10 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Behold my diction
Knockout Champion

enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...

If they're going to use a "silly" gimmick, they still have to take it seriously.

Look at Brodus. They put him out there, to punish him I'm assuming, but apparently they didn't give him any dance lessons. We all remember how Rikishi was a big guy that could cut a rug. Brodus was just a stupid looking big man, the two hot ass ladies he ran with being the only reason the gimmick lasted as long as it did.

Look at 3MB. These guys were put into the gimmick of being a band, none of them have shown ANY musical talent. It's like Van Hammer shat an even worse gimmick than his own.

If Johnny is going to go out there as a Samba/Ballroom dancer, he better tear that ring up with some impressive footwork. Silly stuff for a wrestling show, but dancing for twenty minutes will leave you pretty damn sore.

I hope that his opponents sell properly to him, this could be a great gimmick.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android
Old 12-13-2012, 06:08 PM

rasslin is looking to come up from OCW...

Any gimmick can be good with the right guy doing it and decent writing, I'll give it a chance.
...but I think Doink started out awesome and Simon Dean was hilarious. I like odd gimmicks, so I'm actually looking forward to this one.. and like the post above says, I hope he actually can dance and incorporates into his wrestling or else it's just like Brodus Clay, and that's not good.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default Fandango To Debut On SmackDown!

During, I think, the last Fandango vignette on Raw last night, it was announced that Johnny Curtis and his Dancing with the Stars inspired character will be making his debut this coming Friday night on SmackDown!

I have to admit that I'm both intrigued and skeptical at the same time. The character will almost certainly be extremely flamboyant and it wouldn't surprise me if the character has some effeminate qualities as well. Based on what I've read about the character from appearances based on house show reports, I don't think the character has a lot of staying power. Fandango is different, though that's not always a good thing.

I think WWE needs to try and make a strong first impression with Fandango this Friday. I think they need to attempt to generate buzz that will cause people to, possibly, reconsider their negative stance on him.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Taught Elvis how to play karate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to Captain Morgan Freeman

It's a bit hard to predict how Fandango will turn out seeing as he hasn't even wrestled a match yet but the idea of a ballroom dancer gimmick doesn't exactly strike me as something with the potential to make it big in WWE.

Hell if i was to guess id say that Fandango will just turn out to be a comedy jobber, someone ridiculous the crowd can laugh at while he gets his ass kicked by Ryback, Sheamus, Orton etc.
If he does turn out like that i won't be complaining they need more clear cut jobbers rather then have guys like The Miz, Wade Barrett and Cesaro trading wins and losses every week and ultimately going nowhere.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 05:16 PM

Olan is looking to come up from OCW...

Not a fan of the gimmick. What I would like to see if they pull an anti-Brodus swerve. For weeks they vignetted Broduas as a monster and then had him debut with a dancing gimmick. Would love to see the opposite and have Fandango, after having the dancing vignettes, debut as an old school heel. No gimmick just an old fashioned heel.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Floundering in Mid-Card Hell
Knockout Champion

Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not a fan of this. Remember DJ Gabriel? I was in the minority when I said that I enjoyed his gimmick because I found him hilarious. But, look what happened. He got scrapped and released sooner than later. I'm skeptical about another dancing gimmick when there's already Brodus Clay and Tensai doing that. With WrestleMania coming, a new character at this time might not reap attention. People are far more excited about what's happening now with current characters. It's such a clutter right now. But, I won't make any real calls until I've seen him in his first match. I just hope he doesn't have a shitty finisher.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 PM
"BLEEH IN THE SHEEL" - Roman Reigns
WWE Diva's Champion

Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...Thrash scored a win over Santino Marella...

Not looking forward to this at all. He's probably going to end up facing Brodus Clay in a match where he ends up losing. Not to mention, Johnny Curtis never got his Tag Title match for winning NXT, does that all go out of the window? Yet another thing never tied up by the WWE.
I couldn't really care for the character, unless he ends up being mildly interesting.

Thanks to Theo!
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Better Off This Way
WWE Women's Champion

The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...

I always like to see wrestling companies trying something different. I'm reasonably high on Curtis after seeing more of him in WWE youtube shows, he seems like a funny guy. As for whether it will get over...

Vignettes have no definite track record of success. In recent memory, we've had Tensai, Alberto Del Rio, Kharma, Sin Cara all using vignettes before their debut. It's a mixed bag. The track of how well this goes will ultimately be placed on Curtis himself. If this gimmick is supposed to be serious, I think he comes in as a heel and I'm a bit dubious of how well that does. If it's a comical character I think Curtis might have a better chance of doing well because Curtis' strength seems to lie in that department. WWE have placed the emphasis on Curtis now by giving him this new character and the video packages, so unless he hits the ground running and lives up to his billing it'll be considered a flop, and that's strike 2 for Curtis when it comes to main roster call-ups. This might be his last chance saloon.