WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM

edgefan14 is looking to come up from OCW...

dudley bros
hardy boys
when kane retires brothers of destruction
dx
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:23 AM

hoffman40 is looking to come up from OCW...

Who should be in:
The Fabulous Freebirds (P.S., BamBam, BuddyJack, Jimmy Jam)
The Midnight Express (Beautiful Bobby Eaton, Sweet Stan Lane)
Demolition (Ax and Smash)
The Rockers (Shawn's 2nd, Marty J.)
Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)
The New Age Outlaws - Will probably be inducted as DX members
The Steiners
The Hart Foundation - (Bret's 2nd and possibly inducted as the HF stable)
The Hollywood Blondes - (Stone Cold's 2nd)

*Addendum with Scenario*
I'd love to see, when the time comes, The Hardys, The Dudleys, and Edge&Christian to all be inducted together at the same show. So much of their history is linked between the three teams.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Now Trending All Over Your Mom...
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

I'm gonna poke some holes in a few of these.

The Rockers. One of my three favorite tag teams of all time, and Marty Jannetty is one of my 5 favorite wrestlers of all time. That said, they lack the success required to be hall of famers. They never "officially" won the Tag Team Titles, and are better known for their breakup than for their career as a team. I don't think they're in the echelon of hall of fame level as a tag team.

Midnight Riders. Dusty and Magnum weren't synonymous as a tag team in any appreciable way. Nobody says "gee, I wish I had a DVD of old Midnight Riders matches." They were two great singles stars, but I don't see them standing on their own as a team to make the HoF.

New Age Outlaws. Absolutely. Redefined tag team wrestling in the attitude era. For some, it was these 2 guys and NOT HHH or HBK who launched DX into the level it became.

The British Bulldogs. Absolutely. Davey and Dynamite were just terrific. Instead of inducting them as a team specifically, though, I'd induct each man separately (but in the same year) for their single accomplishments as well.

The Steiner Brothers. Definitely. An all time great brother team in WWF and WCW. Won tag titles everywhere they went. Rare two-country legends with USA and Japan.

The Outsiders. Yes, though I'd also induct each man separately to pay respect to their singles careers as well. I don't know if I'd induct either man on JUST their singles or JUST their tag team careers, but when you factor both in, they're shoe-ins.

Hollywood Blondes. I'm a mark for these guys, but I say no. Not together long enough. Dominated the tag team scene in WCW, but only for about 9 months. History is kind to these guys because of the fact that Steve Austin came from here. Amazing team, lacks longevity to make the HoF.

Harlem Heat. Definitely. WCW's greatest tag team. 10-time champs. Re-defined a dominant tag team.

Here's one I'll add in, and you tell me what you think:
Money Inc. Ted DiBiase and Irwin R Shyster were fantastic together. Great heel team, and had memorable feuds with the Natural Disasters, L.O.D., Steiners, Nasty Boys, High Energy, even the Bushwhackers and Beverley Brothers. Great era of tag team wrestling.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:46 PM

niallf96 is looking to come up from OCW...

Off the top of my head...

Harlem Heat
DX
Hardy Boyz
Edge and Christian
Fabulous Freedbirds
Rey and Eddie?