WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 AM
I am the cooler
Knockout Champion

Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Sheamus as a heel again in the future

Remember when Sheamus first debuted on the ECW brand in the WWE a few years ago? He was a big bad ass irish mega heel like how Hulk Hogan was when he first got into the-then WWF. Sheamus got the rare Brock Lesnar-like push to the moon by winning his first WWE championship within months, and then again. But after a draft to Smackdown Sheamus turned babyface while feuding with Mark Henry leading into Summerslam '11. And is the future face of the WWE after John Cena's light starts to fade.

He's tied in being "the number two guy" with Randy Orton in the WWE. Now with rumors of Orton turning heel once again in the near future. We can see another Sheamus-Orton feud once again for months. But what of when Sheamus turns heel again in the future as he will be due? The number two guys after John Cena will be coming after him for his number one spot! But would Sheamus resume his heel role as a great white juggernaut bad ass? The same one who defeated John Cena to win his first WWE title?

But could we see a heel Sheamus again in the future of the WWE?
sendpm.gif
Old 02-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

As far as a character, I liked Sheamus much more as a heel. I do like Sheamus as a babyface, just not anywhere as much as a heel. I like that WWE has kept the brawling aspect of Sheamus in tact but I think they've gone too far in trying to make him this jovial, laid back Irish galoot.

For instance, during his feud with Big Show, he was all smiles & corny jokes with an occasional bout of that great intensity that he's got. Even after dropping the World Heavyweight Championship to Big Show, a title he held for 7 months, Sheamus comes out and is all smiles & jokes, satisfied that he was in the best "fight" of his life as if the fact he was in a hell of a "fight" mattered more to him than being World Heavyweight Champion. It's a relatively minor thing, but it's a minor thing that irritates me. If you're a champion, then staying champion & putting over how important it is to you that you are champion should always be the top priority.

If they injected more attitude & intensity into Sheamus' current character, I'd be perfectly fine. I'm not saying that they have to make him this invincible juggernaut or anything like that, but I do think they do a lot better with Sheamus by making him less of an ethnic stereotype. Yeah, I know the guy's Irish, but that doesn't mean he has to be a walking, talking cliché 90% of the time either.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 AM

ALIE is looking to come up from OCW...

I prefer him as a Hell to, His Face jokes are PAINFULLY BAD.
But if they are turning Randy, it´s not gonna happen.

is that not the reason, they fell comfortable turning randy, because they have sheamus as a top face.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Has the dubious honor of being
ECW Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIE View Post
But if they are turning Randy, it´s not gonna happen.
For now, that will probably be the determining factor. The company needs faces at main event level; too many of the top guys are heels. I've been saying all along that almost every time folks on this forum express their preference for a performer's personality, they choose heel. Look at the entries before this one in this thread.

Now, Orton prefers to be a heel, and he'll get his way eventually. This leaves a true "good guy" dearth at the top of Smackdown and pretty much guarantees Sheamus will be kept where he is for the foreseeable future. All these bad guys we crave have to have someone to fight, after all.

But not forever. As time goes on, they all have face changes and we'll see Sheamus as a bad guy again.

Personally, I like him the way he is. I never figured the guy would make a good face, but he has. I didn't think Alberto Del Rio would make it as as face either, yet look at him. Versatility is a prime characteristic of these guys and gals. Plainly, they have it in abundance.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 AM

JohngysBeat.com is looking to come up from OCW...

As long as there has been wrestling and as long as there will be wrestling, there will be heels and faces and they will flip-flop. I see people question whether a certain wrestler could ever be an effective heel or face. If that wrestler has true talent and a good storyline, he can be effective on either side.
Legends like Sting, Flair and a few others will always get cheered and thus a heel turn might be really difficult. For the rest of the wrestlers, we will continue to see "shocking" heel turns and "inspirational" face turns. It is the nature of wrestling.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM

mustafa33 is looking to come up from OCW...

being heel now wont be good for shemaus ,shemaus needs to do less talking more fyting in feuds he needs few good catch phrases like stone cold had and he can quite similarly can be have that kind brawler charachter,.Its all about catch phrases it connects you with the crowd after that the character can start building.Randy Orton needs to be heel whyl shemaus should remain face ,guys like Miz Antonio will need something that will help them conncect to the crowd e.g Dolph has mic skills plus he has other elements too e.g AJ and big E.ONE guy that needs to be heel is JHoN CENA .WWE's logic of that being a risk because heel turn will take away fans but if WWE had turned CENA heel with AJ story line or with any other e.g during RAW 1000 it would made pUNK more bigger DRAW .if Cena turns back heel on a rising star like DZ or RYBACK that will give them more connection with the fans,Cena being jelous their success etc can be made reason even if such heel turn doesnt works well he can turn back face by realizing he was wrong etc etc, even he can be attacked by a major monster heel that time and gets injured for indefinite time, and then making his return like hbk did in 2002 would make him again HUGE face

Last edited by mustafa33 : 02-06-2013 at 10:41 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Man of Epic
WWE Diva's Champion

Chicago1989 is looking to come up from OCW...Chicago1989 is looking to come up from OCW...Chicago1989 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
As far as a character, I liked Sheamus much more as a heel. I do like Sheamus as a babyface, just not anywhere as much as a heel. I like that WWE has kept the brawling aspect of Sheamus in tact but I think they've gone too far in trying to make him this jovial, laid back Irish galoot.

For instance, during his feud with Big Show, he was all smiles & corny jokes with an occasional bout of that great intensity that he's got. Even after dropping the World Heavyweight Championship to Big Show, a title he held for 7 months, Sheamus comes out and is all smiles & jokes, satisfied that he was in the best "fight" of his life as if the fact he was in a hell of a "fight" mattered more to him than being World Heavyweight Champion. It's a relatively minor thing, but it's a minor thing that irritates me. If you're a champion, then staying champion & putting over how important it is to you that you are champion should always be the top priority.

If they injected more attitude & intensity into Sheamus' current character, I'd be perfectly fine. I'm not saying that they have to make him this invincible juggernaut or anything like that, but I do think they do a lot better with Sheamus by making him less of an ethnic stereotype. Yeah, I know the guy's Irish, but that doesn't mean he has to be a walking, talking cliché 90% of the time either.
I like Sheamus as a babyface too, but I also don't like how he's a "goody-two shoes" at times. A guy with his size, power, and wrestling style should be at least how Batista was when he was a face champion - Calm, relaxed but a machine in the ring. Not smiling and making corny jokes to try to get over.

I'm thinking that it's because of his look and that WWE is PG, he has to be portrayed as another "superhero" that the kids and girls eat up.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...

I prefer Sheamus as a heel but I like him as a face to be honest. There would no point in turning him heel at this stage, since Orton is likely going heel soon. I also am under the assumption that we're getting Orton/Sheamus at Mania for the World Title. So its even more unlikely that we Sheamus go heel, that being said, next year could be an option for him to turn.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM
PHiLLY PuNK
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Swagger View Post
Remember when Sheamus first debuted on the ECW brand in the WWE a few years ago? He was a big bad ass irish mega heel like how Hulk Hogan was when he first got into the-then WWF. Sheamus got the rare Brock Lesnar-like push to the moon by winning his first WWE championship within months, and then again. But after a draft to Smackdown Sheamus turned babyface while feuding with Mark Henry leading into Summerslam '11. And is the future face of the WWE after John Cena's light starts to fade.

He's tied in being "the number two guy" with Randy Orton in the WWE. Now with rumors of Orton turning heel once again in the near future. We can see another Sheamus-Orton feud once again for months. But what of when Sheamus turns heel again in the future as he will be due? The number two guys after John Cena will be coming after him for his number one spot! But would Sheamus resume his heel role as a great white juggernaut bad ass? The same one who defeated John Cena to win his first WWE title?

But could we see a heel Sheamus again in the future of the WWE?
No disrespect here but with Orton and Sheamus turning heel in your scenerio it would be liking turning back the clock a few years to redo Face Cena vs. heel Orton or heel Sheamus. Its garbage, kinda like Sheamus's face run is garbage. I struggle with who I believe is a worse face, Miz or Sheamus.

Sheamus's "jokes" are TERRIBLE and not EVER delivered correctly. I will admit he is probably SLIGHTLY better than Miz as a face right now but Sheamus needs to be a heel. I would enjoy a Sheamus vs. Ryback fued. I do NOT want to see HEEL SHEAMUS vs. FACE CENA again..EVER...

So my answer to your thread is I WANT Sheamus to be a heel but I really don't want to see him in the title picture with Cena involved at all.

To date, current wrestlers I hate:

1. Sheamus as a face.
2. Korny Kingston...PERIOD
3. Miz as a face.
4. Cena(respect him, I just yearn for the day he tells the WWE universe off)
5. Rey Mysterio (time to go. He is always injured and he is clearly not in good shape)

To date, current wrestlers I enjoy:

1. CM Punk (He and Heyman are AWESOME together)
2. Dolph Ziggler (With HBK gone, he is NOW the showstopper)
3. Big Show (Has he had a better year than this year?)
4. The Rock (Come on, its the Rock..even if he is WWE champ via satelite
5. Del Rio (He is pulling off being a face to my surprise, and he is good in the ring)

I never wish bad to anyone but if I could somehow make Cena go away for 2 years I would
sendpm.gif
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Waiting for Halloween......
NWA Champion

The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...The Shape is getting phone calls from TNA...

I actually prefer heel Sheamus over face Sheamus. Sheamus was fantastic in his feuds against Triple H and John Cena a few years ago, and he's more entertaining as the nasty Irish brute, who loves to fight. In all fairness, this is the basis for his face character, but the corny comedy and random Irish folktales before and during his run as World Heavyweight Champion was just unbearable.

But if the rumored Sheamus VS Randy Orton feud actually happens, then Sheamus needs to be a heel. Just ditch the goofy comedy garbage, turn him into the rough brute with no mercy or compassion again, and Sheamus should have a successful heel run.

I know more people would prefer Orton as a heel, but I still believe Randy's heel character wouldn't work. It wouldn't be Randy's fault, but the crowd will not boo him. If Randy returns to the heelish psychopath character, the fans will cheer him on. It happened in the past, and I have no doubts it'll happen again.