WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

With WWE's extensive tape library, they have a lot of available programming. The last I heard, the WWE tape library contains more than 100,000 hours of wrestling footage. The WWE Network schedule will determine how long they'll go through this without resorting to showing reruns.

Last I heard, WWE was also planning on adding a good deal of original content to the network. One thing I remember reading about was WWE doing non-wrestling shows on the network like sitcoms.

The territory system is dead. It wasn't just the WWE that killed it either. The territory system was dealt crippling blows by the advent of cable television and syndication. Before all that, your geographic location determined what wrestling you were able to watch. If you lived in the Mid-Atlantic area, it was Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. If you lived in Minnesota, it was the AWA. If you lived in the Memphis, it was the CWA. Cable & syndication came along and ended all that. Now, you could be living in Florida and potentially watch WCCW or in Chicago and watch WWF. The WWE would almost certainly lose money trying to fund a dozen or more "independent" wrestling organizations. If WWE wants to fund something that has a shot of growing & becoming something, Vince would be better off trying to purchase TNA.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif