WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-21-2012, 10:35 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
ROH Pure Champion

King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...

If by “Should Tag Team Matches Be Treated Like Main Events?” you mean, Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars for the Unified WWE World Tag Team Championship as the Main Event for Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, or Saturday Morning Slam, then sure, why not. It can’t hurt to have a Tag Team Main Event. Holla!! Holla!! Holla!!

If by “Should Tag Team Matches Be Treated Like Main Events?” you mean, Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars for the Unified WWE World Tag Team Championship as the Main Event for Elimination Chamber, Extreme Rules, Money In The Bank, Night Of Champions, Over The Limit, or Hell In A Cell, or TLC, then maybe. I have to think about it a little more.

If by “Should Tag Team Matches Be Treated Like Main Events?” you mean, Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars for the Unified WWE World Tag Team Championship as the Main Event for Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, or Survivor Series, then absolutely not. No one dreams about becoming World Tag Team Champions. Everyone dreams about becoming World Champion.

Now, unless the Tag Team match you have in mind is CM Punk and Big Show vs. Ryback and Sheamus for both the WWE and World Titles, I can’t see the Tag Team Division, or the Tag Team Champions themselves Main Eventing a PPV. Now, John Cena and Randy Orton vs. Triple H and Undertaker vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock in a Triple Threat TLC match at WrestleMania with the Streak on the line, that’s a different story.

Did anyone else notice that there are only 11 PPVs scheduled in 2013??

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!

Last edited by King Patrick : 12-21-2012 at 10:37 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-21-2012, 03:05 PM

Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The tag division can be a big draw if there's a good group of men in the division. I remember that episode of SmackDown earlier in the year where Daniel Bryan and Kane ran pretty much the whole show. It was fucking excellent. I don't think that's exactly what we need to see out of the tag division, but I'd like the tag division to be enough of a big deal that maybe bigger matches would deserve television main events at least. Though that would require more versatile teams.

So far, we've got a few teams that while are functional, aren't super well-rounded. PTP is charismatic, but green (especially O'Neil); The Usos are exciting, but a bit generic on the microphone; International Airstrike is REALLY FUCKING EXCITING, but don't have very deep characters.

Team Hell No is able to have main event importance because their characters have a lot of depth, their dynamic is interesting and they're both very talented workers. Rhodes and Sandow are also both strong characters who have a lot of talent in the ring. Notice that Mysterio and Sin Cara are just a notch below Rhodes Scholars, perhaps because they're exciting workers with a flashy appeal, but their characters and relationship haven't been fleshed out at all. A main event player usually needs to be at least functional in the ring and have a character that both stands out and can be adapted to new storylines. If the tag division is going to near the main event level, it needs more teams with both depth and talent. Or some kind of niche role.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:58 PM

LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...

Any type of match can be a main event if developed properly and is build around strong wrestling tallent. There is no reason a tag match can't be a main event. Often in the days when Hogan was in the WWF the strongest match on the card was matches featuring in ring artists like The Hart Foundation, The Rockers , The British Bull Dogs and L.O.D. but still you had a singles match as the main event that was prior on the card. In Harts Book he talked about how Vince would end the evening with a tag match because the wrestlers could tear it up and leave the crowd on a high at the end of the evening. Officially the ending tag match wasn't the main event but it was the one the people went home talking about the most. I agree that at the heart of wrestling is the one on one encounter but if done properly a tag match can bring down the house. Look at the wars the Hardys and E&C had as well as either of them with the likes of the Dudlys. Currently on the scene there isn't really a solid pairing to make a good PPV main event in the tag division but at least the tag scene is better then it was the past few years. WWE has stepped up the caliber of the tag division over the past year which in my book is a good thing. I can see a good tag match main eventing raw or smackdown. When it comes to PPV's however traditionally it's the Singles Heavyweight and WWE Champions that deserve the top spot on the card.
sendpm.gif