WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Starving (Martial) Artist

Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...

My initial reaction was no... just... no. Then I saw this...

[quote=jmitchell34;3644946]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerandterry View Post
The thing is Lanny did more than a lot of Hall Of Famers (like Koko B. Ware and Johnny Rodz).

I am a HUGE Koko B. Ware fan, he'll always be one of the main reasons I watch wrestling, but he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. Not by a long shot. And to hear that the only reason he got in was to help promote a video game (Legends of Wrestlemania), which he was in, makes me lose even more respect for the HOF. So, to answer the question, Sorry Lanny! You were great as the Genius and all that but Randy is the only one that deserves to be in.
...isn't this more of an argument as to why Lanny SHOULD be in the Hall? Since it's merit is already questionable, what's the big deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defekt View Post
Drew Carey deserves his HOF spot more than Lanny Poffo.
& this just made me lol for real.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:16 AM

BC1978 is looking to come up from OCW...

Koko B. Ware did a lot more then Lanny Poffo. You gotta remember without Jobbers like KoKo how could a star get over.

The real crime is the WWF not putting Bruno, Backlund, or Lou Thesz in the Hall.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:06 AM

Hulktorious is looking to come up from OCW...

To be quite honest, as a wrestling fan for the past 13 years, I myself don't even know who or what Lanny Poffo is or even slightly about. In attempts to do research, I found out that he is actually from the city I live in (Calgary). With just this said, I find it hard to take him seriously when he wants a spot in the HOF with his brother.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...

I remember the big battle royal in March 1987 before Mania 3, won by Hercules but the big moment was Hulk and Andre locking up, then Andre dumping Hogan out. Earlier in the royale though, Andre headbutted Lanny Poffo and split him hard way, then dumped him out. Poffo was knocked out from Andre's headbutt and if you watch the match over, Poffo has blood streaming down his face.
Does not make him HOF worthy, but did prove he wasnt just a jobber. He was an enhancement talent, used to get some good offense in before being polished off by the heel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7s-N7iqJA
Old 12-31-2012, 01:58 PM

doubles69 is looking to come up from OCW...

I can completely understand where some die-hard wrestling fans would absolutely attribute Lanny Poffo's contributions to wrestling towards his Hall of Fame bid - but this matter seems to be beyond that.

Sure, the Poffo family may one day be asked to be in the Hall of Fame, but shouldn't that be given to them as an honor and not by blackmailing the WWE? Lanny should be ashamed of himself that he's trying to barter to have his brother's contributions honored.

Randy Savage was a far bigger icon in wrestling than Lanny and any of the rest of the Poffo family were. To have them inducted as a group is a complete slap in the face to Randy.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerandterry View Post
The thing is Lanny did more than a lot of Hall Of Famers (like Koko B. Ware and Johnny Rodz).
Not really. Koko B. Ware was a major star in the Memphis territories and was a consistently popular mid-card act in WWF during the 80s & even into the 90s. Johnny Rodz is a respected trainer whose taught well known names like The Dudley Boys, Tommy Dreamer, and Taz.

Poffo's most memorable contribution to wrestling came on 11-25-89 on Saturday Night's Main Event. He scored a win over Hulk Hogan via count out and helped Mr. Perfect destroy the WWF Championship belt with a hammer later in the night.

Poffo has done nothing of note in his career, whether it be as a wrestler, manager, announcer, trainer, etc. to warrant being put into a pro wrestling hall of fame.

That being said, if the only way to get Randy Savage into the WWE HOF is to allow Lanny to ride his coat tails in as well, then I'd accept it. It'd be a small price to pay to have Savage in the HOF and Poffo would have accomplished something in his career, kind of.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 02-25-2014, 09:59 PM

CeramicDuck is looking to come up from OCW...

I have watched this video more times than I have seen any Koko B. Ware matches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt81m3ro3HM

And for that reason an induction is long overdue
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 AM
A Fan Of Wrestling Not Backstage BS
Knockout Champion

TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...

There is no doubt in my mind that Lanny Poffo belong in the WWE Hall of Fame, I mean if they are going to put an egomaniacal, underwhelming self-serving hack like Hulk Hogan in the Hall of Fame, then Lanny Poffo beyond the shadow of a doubt deserves to be in, just for this special talent alone that I'll let Lanny explain the following video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny Poffo
"The fact that you know that you cannot, proves that you have tried..."

Lanny's sheer honesty, integrity and well...flexibility and the fact that he's the brother of "Macho Man" Randy Savage, and well he got a count out win over a shill like Hack Hogan says that we have to get nomination papers in place to vote Lanny into the Hall Of Fame for WWE. That's how they do that write, they take out nomination papers and make a vote?

So anyone that's opposed to Lanny not being in the HOF, can go kiss a fart. In fact, it has been purported that Randy Savage himself would never go into the WWE HOF unless his brother and father got in, and of course we know how important family is to Mach, remember his father got into the WCW Hall Of Fame in 1995, supposedly at Randy's insistence.

Anyway, that's my two cents...anyone who doesn't want Lanny in, is a hater.

Last edited by TheHitMark-SirJoseOle : 02-26-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:06 AM
Known Cunt

SamcroSon is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't see why he isn't HoF worthy when Koko B Ware is in there. I say put them in as a family and be done with it
Old 03-03-2014, 03:35 PM

WWFan79 is looking to come up from OCW...

He belongs in the Jobber Hall of fame, along with Iron Mike Sharpe, Barry Horowitz and SD Jones.