WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Championship Wrestling > WZCW Network > WZCW TV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Proud LSN mentee
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...Awesome_Miz scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to Awesome_Miz

AF 11 Feedback

Opening Segment

I really liked the commentary. Like Yaz has said before the commentary has been top notch. If I had one complaint about the opening it would that Kensworth was just a bit off. It felt like Leon just felt off, but I canít point it out.

Rookie Match

My first question is why did they come out and went to commercial? I like the fact that Isabel used her beauty to trick one of the men. However, she canít always use that as advantage, so itíll be interesting when Stones goes one on one with someone. There were also some words missing in there.

Overall- Good match and a good way for a start to these three new careers in WZCW.

Barbosa Going Nuts

I liked how this was done to take out some guys. Mason and Scumm now have something to write about when they return. It also goes to show the unpredictability of Barbosa.

Beard/Cooper- Qualifying Match

One thing I couldnít see happening is Cooper spinning The Beard and hitting a tilt a whirl backbreaker. You could have used something else for Cooper to do, so he could have knocked the ďBIGĒ man down. Donít forget capitalization even if itís the commentators.

Overall- The match was very nice. I liked it and was really nice.

Kensworth/Reese:
All I can say about this segment is:

Marquel/Williams- Qualifying Match

I liked how Williams was given time to express his feelings. The only bad thing about it was that you forgot to color quote Scottís second line. My only complaint about this match is that Marquel could have gotten some offence. I know he got hit by a mic, but he could have done something to protect himself.

Overall- Ok match. It showed the aggressiveness of Scott William.

WZCW Magazine

It was a really good advertisement, but how did Kurtsey get from the bench onto the ground?

Krypto/Leon

It was an okay segment. It served its purpose on Krypto not having a match due to opponent being attacked.

Triple Threat Main Event

Yeah! Iím in the ME of AF. The slow pace of Bull was nice and how Angel reacted to Darren's slow motion towards the ring. How can The Angel have a smile on his face when he has a mask on? I think there were a couple words missing in there.

Quote:
They clap loud as Krypto runs off the ropes and hits a suicide dive into both Krypto and the Angel.
What I feel like you were trying to say was he hit the suicide on Angel and Darren. So, try to always look at those small mistakes.

Quote:
He goes for the pin... 1... 2... this time, Angel goes for the pin break-up but Bull moves out of the way, causing Angel to hit Krypto.
I think you could have worded it a bit different. Try saying, ďBull goes for the cover, but only gets a two count due to the fact of him seeing Angel coming to try on breaking the pin. However, Angel hits Krypto because of the movement of Bull."

Overall- I like the match and it did end quick. Is it a record?

Last Segment:

Hell Yeah! All-Stars!

P.S. After reading all your matches from AF I see you like using elbow shots a lot.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
Million Dollar Champion

Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Redemption

Opening Segment
This was as good as they usually come. Just a nice quick intro and it helped add a little last minute spice to some of the matches

Mayhem Scramble

I don't want to point out every little typo and mistake, minor ones don't really hurt the flow, but some happen that are down right awful and take away from the flow of the match. Like this one.

Quote:
Cooper whips Reese to the opposite corner and charges after him, but Cooper blocks him with an elbow to the face that sends him staggering out
The bit where Reese tapped threw me off a little. It was written to where the damage from the chair before the move could have been too painful and that would have made sense, especially given Reese's reaction and the follow up after the tap. Then Cohen mentions it was a smart move to tap and it seemed like Reese was just using smart tactics. If it would have been me I would have simply taken it one way or the other. Just nitpicking on my part

I liked how Cooper, a former Mayhem Champion, had that veteran presence about him. It was very well written

I don't know why but the part later in the match when Bull broke up a pin made me laugh. It was a nice break from the carnage.

I'm not sure how I feel about the end. On the one hand it was typical Ace Stevens. On the other it felt cheap.

Overall it was a solid match and in my 3 PPVs since I have been in the fed the Mayhem title matches to open have been that way. I'd give it a solid B

Titus vs. King

The commentary at the beginning really added to the match.

The match had a slow paced old school feel when Titus was in control. When King was in control it had a faster pace. Whether intentional or not it really added to the experience difference between the too.

It was a shorter match, would have liked to have seen more but it was solid. A few spelling errors but nothing major. Another solid B

Celeste vs. SHIT

I like the mentioning of the rivalry between the two.

I also liked how it seemed like the RPs were taken into account when the match was written. My match at KC included elements of my RP and I enjoyed it, its a very nice touch.

Celeste cares for SHIT, that was apparent throughout. SHIT's mixed emotions at times were nice too.

Not a fan of the fact that it took three finishers and a frog splash to keep Celeste down. There are times where it feels like certain people are made to look stronger simply due to being in good standing with creative or being on creative themselves. I'm not calling anyone out, I'm just saying it feels that way at times. B-

Triple X vs. Overlast

I want to start off with a question. Why did this match, a title match, get so little build? The man that X beat for the title, Steven Holmes, got more build for his match. Granted he has a proper feud but, I just feel like title matches should be given a proper build, even if they aren't World Title matches.

The back and forth between the announcers pre-match was nice.

The fast pace at the start was good when X was in control and the slower methodical pace was good for Overlast.

Overall the match was fine, it just felt bland. B-

Tastic vs. Callahan

The spelling and grammar errors in this match were more frequent than the others.

It was good strategy to have Drake work Tastic's leg early. Good writing there.

I did have a problem with this.
Quote:
Matt flips over and lands on his feet behind Drake
Not but a few minutes earlier Tastic could barely stand, but now he is able to slip out of a brain buster and land solidly on his feet, injured leg and all? He then hits a spine buster. I wouldn't have an issue with that but there was an app at one point where one of the weaknesses was the guy had a bad knee and so it was requested that he change the spine buster as one of his moves since the bad knee would prevent him from doing it.

The errors and my issue with the injury really stood out too much for me to greatly enjoy this one. C

Showtime segment

The segment was fine but why did Leon and Showtime both have the same color used for their speech?

Ricky vs. Bowen

I'm feint of heart so I took a bathroom break during this match.

The action was very back and forth here. Glad to see an even match.

I've said in the past that Mayhem matches often turn into bloody slaughters but this time it was the right thing to do.

The biting segment was a little much though.

Fuck yeah Spanish announce table spot.

I really liked Cohen's line at the end. It took me back to the days of JR and King calling matches when King was a heel but he had a sense of right and wrong and he knew when a wrestler took something too far.

A-

Reynolds vs. Runn

One thing I will say while I am getting my feedback out there is that in the build up to this match, it seemed to favor Reynolds.

I did like that the match didn't end on a finisher, as I feel not every match needs to. The offense felt very one sided to Reynolds however.

The post match was nice and it saved it from being too bland, as the match itself was kind of short. B-

Constantine vs. Holmes

Again I like the back and forth between the announcers. Adds to the rivalry and face/heel dynamic.

The sneak attack is very much Steven Holmes. His character is usually well written in my eyes.

I did not like the fact that Constantine took multiple punches with the brass knuckles and was still able to block a chair shot. One punch from Holmes and the knuckles put me away in a tag match but Constantine takes multiple and blocks a chair shot?

Holmes having to move the debris from the table spot was a nice way to allow Constantine to kick out of a finisher.

The ending was a nice spot. Overall the match was well written but my issue with the brass knuckles almost took me out of it. I'd feel it would be unfair for me to rate this one because of that.

EurAsian Title Match

The segment before the match added to the feud.

I talked with Crock and Merk recently and I think their alliance has potential. Nice touch having Smith come out.

This line by Connor kind of bugged me because it felt out of place for a face to say.
Quote:
Connor: Says Rush and Rush alone. And he didnít defeat the previous EurAsian Champion, Black Dragon was stripped of the title. Until Rush beats Dragon I wonít consider him EurAsian Champion and others may not either.
The big man/little man dynamic was done well. Plus I felt like this line by Cohen was very fitting as well
Quote:
Cohen: The Gent is putting on a nice show so far, but thatís what he is, an entertainer. Rush is a true wrestler and that is why he will win.
I hate power kick outs by big men after a finisher. I said in my very first review back at LL that I can't really fault creative for things they do that happen in real life though.

The finish to the original match was fun.

The second match worked well to continue the Rush/Dragon feud and potentially start a Smith/Gent feud. A-

World Title Match

Why was this not the main event or co-main event?

Good job taking quick looks at all six competitors. I was worried this would turn into too much of a cluster fuck to be a good read but I was proven wrong.

I liked how alliances were quickly formed and then broken. Good stuff.

The match was very good. The end was kind of hard to imagine actually happening, but it was good. A

Tag Title Match

I don't feel I should do my own match in full detail so just a few notes.

Again, I like how some of our recent RPs were worked into the commentary.

It did feel short however.

Chris K.O vs Ty

This match was good but it felt underwhelming. I think the whole "control of WZCW" storyline has worn thin and caused the match to feel that feel. Ty wins all the control at KC, then the Apostles seemingly disband, and then he loses control in like a month and a half.

It wasn't that the match was poorly written, it just seemed like it didn't matter given how quickly ownership keep turning over
Old 07-31-2012, 08:04 PM
the Frog
Knockout Champion

Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...Kermit scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Kermit

Redemption Review

The following are comments and observations from my own point of view.

Please excuse any grammatical errors. I don't feel like fixing them.

Opening Segment
  • I liked the flashes of the different matches
  • The segment felt a little choppy, but not that bad
  • I can't help but notice that an ode to the world title scenario is missing here
  • However, we capitalize on the Ty and Chris match for the WZCW, which I think may overshadow the world title match tonight.
  • Still, it was strange not to see a nod to the world title match.
  • Overall, it is a good opening segment. It definitely set the vibe for the show.

Mayhem Scramble Match
  • I am a bit surprised that we are not getting the six-pack qualifiers first.
  • I am looking forward to this because I have been neglecting the lower-card as of late.
  • The opening part of the action seems a little sluggish with typos and awkward grammar.
  • Cohen went from completely dogging Reese before the match to complimenting his smarts after the first paragraph.
  • The sequence of action has been fine up to the midway point, but typos and grammatical errors are keeping me from fully buying into the match.
  • Everybody is getting a little love in this match, which is what I like about these type of matches
  • "round" vs. "around" is the story of this match
  • Good to see Ace take out Marquel the way he did. Hopefully it isn't over between those two.
  • We get a solid ending to a crazy match.
  • Ace Stevens retains without really being the dominating force in the match. Everyone else got a good showcase and I think the structure of how the match went was right on.
  • Overall, this match is clustered, which it is suppose to be, but typos, grammatical errors, and repetition made it a little difficult to read. The action and story telling was good, but the polishing of the match was lacking.

Titus vs. James King
  • We have three of these qualifiers, so I am expecting semi-short matches.
  • Time-out: Cohen is saying that the Apostles are still together. Someone hasn't been reading the shows.
  • Titus gets the win in a short good one.
  • Overall, this match was exciting and it flowed very well. It needed to be short and both parties looked like world title contenders. My only concern is the Apostles references.

S.H.I.T. vs Celeste
  • Three matches so far with no segments in-between.
  • The intros are lovely in this match.
  • There is great storytelling going on in this match.
  • Celeste dialogue is a nice touch.
  • Wow! Awesome finish with a surprise to most, but honestly miko has been on a stride lately.
  • Overall, this match gets an A+ from me. The pacing, commentary, story telling, and format were perfect.

Elite X- XXX vs Mick Overlast
  • Four matches and no backstage segments. Hmm..
  • In my opinion, these two both have the "it" factor in form of writing RPs.
  • “This has started a thousand miles an hour!” - so true!
  • The match continues to keep up a fun fast pace.
  • Awesome spot on the turnbuckle!
  • Awesome match with an awesome finish!
  • My boy Overlast tastes gold!
  • Overall, it was fast paced, but fun to read. I had to slow down a couple of times, but it kept my blood pumping.

Steven Kurtesy & Celeste Crimson Segment
  • Yes! A segment!
  • This was cool and mysterious!
  • Overall, this small segment added a hell of a lot to tonight's main event.

Tastic vs. Callahan
  • Tastic starting the clap was a nice touch.
  • We start off with some solid action, but the flow in the writing is a little off.
  • Nice work on having a reoccurring theme of Drake attacking Tastic's leg.
  • Drake wins because of his work on Tastic's leg.
  • Overall, this match is good. The flow in the writing was an issue for me, but we still got some solid action and storytelling. We probably could of seen some more detail.

Showtime segment
  • Leon and Showtime have the same dialogue color.
  • Overall, it was some short, much needed promo time for Show. The same colored dialogue was a blunder, but the promo was too small for it to be a problem.

Steamboat vs. Bowen
  • Really hyped for this.
  • This is Kingdom Come quality.
  • One of the best match intros ever.
  • The kendo in the back was sick, and this match has only started!
  • Wow! The biting skin spot was gruesome. Gross.
  • "Cohen: And there is your crowd interaction for the night, folks. Hope you savoured the moment."
  • This match has been lovely so far.
  • The Man Overboard spot was epic! Classic!
  • Another sick spot to end the match.
  • Overall, wow. This match kept me on the edge of my seat. It was written well and all parties involved should be proud. Sickest match of all time.

Reynolds vs. Runn
  • Realistically, this match would suffer because of the excitement from the last match.
  • However, I am excited for this match. Reynolds has done a great job with Ricky.
  • Great psychology so far in this match.
  • Nice pop for the break up of the count out. You don't see that often.
  • Great close calls.
  • WOW! Ricky Runn did it!
  • Overall, this was a great passing of the torch match. There was some amazing psychology in a well written match. Minor typos could not bring down this classic.

Constantine vs. Holmes
  • Oh, Holmes. You sneaky bastard.
  • Brass Knuckles!
  • This is just a good ole' brawl.
  • Nice spot with the Impaler through the table.
  • Steven Holmes picks up the win and hopefully we see him inserted into the title picture now.
  • Overall, this match felt like a big league match because it was. The writing was superb and as mentioned earlier, it was nothing more than a complete brawl.

Rush Segment
  • Rush and Black Dragon have some unique chemistry. I think this was a great route to go.
  • Overall, I don't really know what to make out of this. Which is great! It keeps me on my toes.

EurAsian Open Challenge
  • Good opening promo by Rush.
  • The Masked Gentleman, eh?
  • This is some good even action. Which, I am not sure if it is good. The Gent has been on Aftershock, while Rush has been a world title contender.
  • Rush wins!
  • Oh nice, a bonus match in form of Black Dragon vs. Rush!
  • Dragon is using Ty's light trick, I see.
  • Great action between these two!
  • Sam Smith pretty much saved Rush's butt twice tonight. Kind of makes Rush look a little weak. Especially since he is a big monster heel.
  • This is going to be a great feud, though.
  • Overall, everything was written very well and I enjoyed the spots. I felt as though that Gent should of got beat a little faster. I know there is a tendency to make everyone look good, but Rush is a monster heel facing an Aftershock guy. Everything else was fine, but I still didn't like Sam saving Rush's butt twice.

Ricky Runn Segment
  • Interesting. Very interesting.
  • Overall, it is interesting.

Sixpack Challenge
  • Wow, I thought this was going to happen, but still it is an honor to have Chris in the main-event over the world title.
  • This match is a complete wild-card for me. This should be a very fun read.
  • Great opening. The writing is excellent.
  • Reverse DDT and neck breaker to two different people! Epic spot!
  • So much going on, but I love it.
  • Small package by Titus on Drake almost got me.
  • OMG! Everyone is getting pushed off the top ropes! I love it!
  • Holy S***! Drake Callahan just won gold!
  • Overall, it was a five star match. The writing was solid and the action was exciting. I was expecting to see some Celeste interference, though. I think now you have to focus on Showtime and Drake. This provides us with a top heel vs. face for Apocalypse.

Tag Team Title Match: Saboteur/Saxton vs. Strikeforce
  • We get a good traditional title showing by the referee. That should be a requirement for every title match, except for Mayhem.
  • Saboteur and Saxton look great.
  • I like the development of Strikeforce in this match.
  • Hot tag!
  • Great match!
  • Overall, this was a solid tag team match with classic tag team match traits. All of the elements were there. Great writing as well.

Chris K.O. Segment
  • Perfect.
  • Overall, it is time to begin the end.

Chris K.O. vs. Ty Burna
  • One word: Epic.
  • Overall, I may be a little biased, but this match is perfect.

Summary
  • The show had a rocky start, but picked up for the rest of it. It is filled with loads of gems!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand

Last edited by Kermit : 07-31-2012 at 08:21 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Vae Victis
Knockout Champion

Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...Барбоса is going to make some noise in the draft...

Barbosa's Road to Redemption Feedback

Before I begin, I understand that on top of the vast amount of work that Creative have to do, there may be some mitigating circumstances behind the scenes that I am not aware of that contributes to some of the things I am going to talk about and even criticise. Also, none of my criticism is leveled at individuals for their RPing skills or their position within the card.

I am also not going to go into each and every match in detail; rather I am going to focus on the one major criticism I would have of Redemption in that I feel that several of the storylines have been hotshotted.

For my money, as epic as Stairway to Hardcore was, I don't think there was enough reason yet for Steamboat and Bowen to be competing in such a barbaric match. I think there should have been a longer build between the two with each interferring more in each other's matches and costing them victories - Ricky's loss to Matt Tastic (someone who could easily have been put into this match too) a couple of weeks ago was a perfect opportunity for that kind of escalation. Redemption could easily have seen the first Mayhem meeting between the two ending in some kind of a draw - double pin, doube KO - before then building further to the STH at Apocalypse.

Congrats, Harth. His efforts in rejuvenating the Drake character have been admirable but I cannot help but think that the WZCW title has been unnecessarily hot-potatoed. Whilst Drake had won the vote behind the scenes, it could have been easily decided that he should take a storyline loss and his title win held off for another few weeks (this is something that should happen in the Reynolds/Runn feud - it should be almost predetermined that Reynolds wins the next confrontation should there be one). I think it is especially needed given the "conspiracy" angle Drake is currently working.

For my money, he should have been not only in the last of the three qualifiers I expected him to get not only the latest of the three qualifiers but have it that there was a mix-up in the card (something that would have been perfectly explainable with the crumbling of Ty's regime) that left Drake zero time to recuperate after defeating Tastic with the Six Pack starting immediately. Then, to further ramp up the Callahan complaints, have him have the Six Pack challenge won by hitting someone with a Hangover only for him to be pulled out of the ring and have Showtime steal his victory. That gives Drake plenty of ammunition for a couple of world title matches with Showtime, culminating perhaps as late as Unscripted.

Perhaps the most obvious example of this hotshotting has been the development of Chris KO and the 'ending' of Ty Burna's reign of Chaos. I mean we have only had one PPV cycle of Ty's leadership and for my money it has not been anywhere near as diabolical as it could have been. Sure, there have been some mismatches and he even put himself in a world title match. But he also put himself in a HIAC match against someone he had shown fear of in the past and none of his Apostles had actually won anything. When Ty took control, I was expecting an Evolution type run with the Forgotten Powers taking the tag titles, Bowen reclaiming his Mayhem title and SHIT capturing the EurAsian or Elite X title. Instead, we got something much less impressive and long-lived.

On top of that, despite his face turn, I have found Chris KO and the majority of his actions to be innately villainous, self-centred and at times insufferable. He has betrayed the man who took him under his wing and raised him from curtain jerker to main eventer, stole his lady and then appointed himself as the 'White Knight of WZCW.' Now, of course, wrestling faces do this kind of thing all the time but for me, this kind of Crusading character is far more appropriate as a heel. It just did not work for me.

And neither did the break up of the AoC. It made very little sense for all of them to suddenly turn their backs on Ty. Chris KO might have been somewhat explainable as a change of heart but the likes of King, SHIT and Bowen were yet to actually achieve anything of any magnitude. And why would they turn their backs on Ty when he was still the owner of the company, knowing full well that Ty was the vengeful type and could easily have removed them all from their matches at Redemption and punished them heavily in the event that he retained control of the company. Very strange.

Another problem is what I see as the top-loading of the card, something that could only get worse with the likes of Chris KO, Ty Burna, Holmes and Constantine to re-enter it. As well written as it was, the Six Pack Challenge was always going to end up to quote Barbosa's last RP "a complete clusterfuck," perhaps even one that was overshadowed by the already booked Mayhem Scramble.

Of course, the over-arching reason for it is the sheer size and quality of the current roster and it did give the likes of SHIT and James King a chance to shine in the upper echelons. However, if I was being ultra-critical, I would suggest that the use of such a multi-man match was almost a cop out, an admission that there was nothing specific for the likes of Celeste, Barbosa, Tastic and Drake - something I would attribute to the far too premature break up of the Apostles of Chaos. While Drake took the top prize, the booking of the likes of Drake, Barbosa and SHIT in such a large multi-man match was hardly reward for their recent run of victories over the biggest names in the company. I would also argue that both the EurAsian and Elite title scenes have suffered somewhat too from the over-elevation of so many.

Now, I am not one to offer criticism without also offering a possible solution or two, and God knows there is a mountain of work involved in the fed, even with 7 on Creative, given the size of roster. Despite them already doing so with AF guest writers, I would encourage Creative to go further and reach out to members and encourage them to find a storyline for their own characters, much like Doc and JGlass did with the implosion of Action Saboteur at KC.

I would also encourage everyone else to talk to Creative about their ideas. They are more than willing to listen and act on good ideas that will benefit not only the individual but also the story-telling of the fed itself, which in the end, despite the bonus of winning matches and titles, is really what the fed is all about.

Perhaps the part of the fed in the most need of radical change is the tag team division. I would almost go as far as to rather than simply ask members again for help in rejuvenating it, I would force it upon them with an Madness/Anarchy style draw from amongst those not currently affiliated with a feud or storyline. These then would compete in a tournament for a trophy of some sort along with a tag title shot. The new owners/GMs could be a perfect opportunity to institute it and it could make for some fun pairings - Isabel Stone/Celeste, Gentleman Masque/Red Mask Titus, Darren Bull/SHIT, Barbosa/SHIT etc.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Million Dollar Champion

Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Going to try a different format with my show feedback. Instead of commenting on each match I'll hit the points I feel deserve mention, both good and bad.

Meltdown 77

First off I want to address some of my comments regarding the Ty, AoC, Chris K.O. storyline in my last bit of feedback. Had I know Ty was planning to step down I would not have been so harsh in my words. In retrospect hotshotting it was the correct call.

I like how the opening set up some things down the road, both short and long term. For the first time since I was on AF I found myself genuinely excited for the show after the announcement. I'm also looking forward to see who will be taking over Meltdown.

I like the Rush/Sam Smith alliance has potential and I'm interested to see how it plays into the EurAsian title picture.

I have already told them once but Ech and Show did a damn fine job writing that 8 man tag match. I was worried it would break down into pure and utter chaos, but it turned into one of the better multi man matches in recent memory.

Johnny Scumm as Dragon's partner made me scratch my head. Not sure where that is headed, but I suppose time will tell.

It has been said but it felt like Meltdown lacked star power this round. I think you could have switched the matches from Ascension and Meltdown and it would not have felt that way.

Ascension 52

The opening set up a nice potential feud. Feels like the new champ should have been on Meltdown, but given the Chris K.O. story I understand why it wasn't. Plus it helped play into Drake's conspiracy angle.

The no shows were written well.

Interested to see where Barbosa goes and what role he will play in the likely SHIT/Alhazred feud.

Looks like there is a feud shaping up between Overlast and X. Nice to see a feud being built around the midcard titles. The match was pretty solid too, didn't blow me away but it was a nice read.

The tag match felt like it should have main evented Meltdown as opposed to Ascension, but as I mentioned earlier the K.O. story was better suited for MD.

Overall Ascension felt better than Meltdown this go round.

Aftershock 12

The NXT style mentor program should be good and hopefully the rookies seek out the advice of their mentors.

Myles opening was good.

The no show write was okay, not as good at Ascension but it did the job.

Darren Bull mic time. Normally I would question why a low card guy gets mic time when some main event guys don't, but given the circumstances with Constantine not there it made sense.

Good job to all the guest writes this week.

I'm interested to see how the mentors and mentees being at ringside will play out.

Good save on the no shows from the tag match on Ascension, made for a good main event between Tastic and Cooper.

One thing I would suggest, AF usually feels shorter than the other shows. I think it would be a good opportunity to give midcard guys some mic time on the show. In the same respect that AF is used for the new guys and the up and comers in matches, it could be used for guys who have recently broke into the midcard scene to get little segments. I think it could really add to storylines.

General Thoughts

Overall it was a very good first round under the new regime. Looks like you guys hit a few snags along the way but you dealt well.

I'm pretty excited with the new ideas. It really feels like everyone on the roster now has some sort of direction.

I'm very excited that it looks like all of the titles are going to have a feud built around them, as opposed to just random matches.

Numbers, I hope you debut your new character soon. I'm really anticipating that.

I also want to thank each member of creative for being open to suggestions and ideas, and I encourage anyone who reads this to send them a PM if they have an idea. Same goes for other members of the fed. I've thrown ideas at guys, not many have stuck, but a couple have. Some of the better feuds in my time here have been things that members worked out between themselves and then sent to creative.

Last edited by Rainbow Yaz : 08-29-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Dr. Pain

Derek Jacobs, Bitch! worked a dark match on ECW recently...Derek Jacobs, Bitch! worked a dark match on ECW recently...Derek Jacobs, Bitch! worked a dark match on ECW recently...Derek Jacobs, Bitch! worked a dark match on ECW recently...Derek Jacobs, Bitch! worked a dark match on ECW recently...Derek Jacobs, Bitch! worked a dark match on ECW recently...Derek Jacobs, Bitch! worked a dark match on ECW recently...Derek Jacobs, Bitch! worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Meeks Show Review

OK, here's my first round of show review. I'm not gonna go through and pick through everything, I'm just going to give a brief overview of what I liked/disliked about a specific show for that round. This last round I'll be doing MD.

The opening segment between Holmes/KO was a nice way to start the show and fuel the rivalry even more. Following that with the epic Triple X/Alex Bowen match and the show was off to a great start. That match was fantastic.

The segments that ran througout the night between S.H.I.T/Alhazred/Barbosa/Black Dragon and everyone else involved were pretty damn funny. How can you tinker with a cardboard box?

The beatdown that Scumm took at the hands of Rush really show how big of a badass the big man is. Hell of a mean streak in that one.

Ok, I'm dissapointed in the ending of Ricky/Titus. This match should have had a definate winner. Two WZCW legends in a one on one contest and no clear winner? I'm not a fan of that.

Dragon/SHIT and Masked Gent/ were both pretty good matches, but the M.E tag and the announcement of Big Dave as GM really put an exclimation mark on a good show. Everyone that had a hand in writing this show did an outstanding job, and the only thing that I had a problem with again was the non finish between Ricky/Titus.

Just my two cents.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM
I gave you a reason to "Dance Away"
WWE Diva's Champion

Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...

A ton of people are very critical of certain things that went on in this past PPV so I thought I'd give my two cents. These aren't detailed notes on everything, just general notes on everything I feel like reading.

Triple X vs Smith
-Fine match, I like X but I'm fine with him losing, Sam needed more credibility and it looks like X is going to be feuding with bigger and better people, everyone wins.

Califa being attacked
-So is he gone?
-Are we ever going to find out who attacked him?
-I mean did we ever find out who attacked Runn Redemption and who attacked Constantine at Apocalypse?
- Califa has taken a lot of criticism's so he probably wants a break, there was no way he was winning the vote anyway.

K.O. Invitational
-It was a nice touch having it be a triple threat match
-Cooper winning was also a nice surprise.
-I don't know what's to come of this Cooper/Bowen alliance, especially since I thought Bowen was feuding with GM and set to have a Mayhem Rules fight on the upcoming AS.
- Chris seems to be getting the John Cena reaction at the beginning, nice touch for what's been going on in the .Com section.

New Church vs Capone and Alhazred
-I don't really see why you didn't just add these tag matches as a pre-show or something if they were going to be on the card anyway.
- GM aligning himself with TNC is interesting.

Reese vs Vega vs Runn
-Glad to see the mystery choice was worth picking, first blood should be brutal.
-Vega basically cutting open Runn's face was a great visual (sorry Pancake)
-Overall good match, don't know where Runn goes from here, I'm sure Remix has something planned, very credible win for Vega.

Krypto vs Isabel Stone
- Not much to say here Barbosa wrote a great match, glad to see JGlass's request he made about it was written in as well.
- Isabel destroying Steven is cool, logically this means her and Sandy should now feud but we'll see.
-Krypto wins the whole thing, bet nobody saw that coming when the thing started.

Rush vs Tastic
-Short match nothing wrong that.
- The double count out is a nice way to keep the feud going, nothing much else here to say.

Barbosa vs SHIT
-All the brutal galore we were promised.
-It's a shame this feels like an afterthought though.
-Cooper and Bowen trying to kill them after the match is interesting, are they a tag team? Will Barbosa and SHIT form a tag team? There's so many two man stables forming I'm beginning to think we need a tag tournament to declare new champions, you know since one half of them is leaving.....

Saboteur/Saxton vs Strikeforce
-Had Shotaro not announce he was leaving this match would have been fine in my book and while I love those guys there was no reason for a title change.
-For one I thought the champs had the better RP's, of course I'm not on Creative so who knows what they thought, but if you knew one half of the challengers were leaving why put the belts on them?
-I know it's a little early to judge but J and Doc do have a somewhat legitimate gripe. Hopefully this is straightened out immediately.

Hell in the Cell
-Not a lot to say here, Showtime wins which was expected, and there are plenty of other things to do with the three losers.
-Looks like Constantine is going to be feuding with Cougar going to AON which is the right move.

Overall
I liked the PPV, you guys did a lot of stuff pretty well, unfortunately there's always going to be the one thing you guys did wrong (tag title situation) that people are going to be mad at. Once again these aren't detailed thoughts it's just how a I felt about what I saw.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM
I gave you a reason to "Dance Away"
WWE Diva's Champion

Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...Stone Cold Steve Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...

Show Review

Once again, these aren't in detailed thoughts just quick thoughts here and there.

Meltdown

-I liked the opening as I'm on the push XXX to the top bandwagon, a feud with Holmes should be great for him.

-I liked the Six Man tag though I'm sad half the people didn't RP, you guys did a pretty good job handling the no-shows that were there.I assume the reason Celeste took the fall was because it wouldn't have made sense for Tastic to be pinned and then get the title shot. I like the idea of a best of three series but it kinda makes the second match pretty predictable depending on who wins the first, plus it's obvious the final one is going to be at AON.

- Krypto/Staff/Chris segment was nice. Foreshadowing an aggressive turn for K.O. I assume.

-The Krypto/K.O. match was well written, that's all I'll say.

- XXX vs Constantine was a good way to setup John's failed cash in later in the night, plus the win being a DQ didn't hurt any of them.

-The Isabel segment did interest me, wonder who she was talking to?

-Brent Blaze squashing Darren Bull was cool, though I must ask what happened to the other rookie?

-Showtime/Holmes was also good, I had a feeling Constantine would announce his cash instead of the surprise factor. I'd put my money it being that four corners thing Dave posted in the .com section.

Overall it was a good MD for what you had to work with, the no-shows really screwed things up. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Ascension

-Liked the added emphasize on the tag title situation which needed to be addressed. I really saw no other angle you could go besides Mikey dropping the belts. I guess it's a Stormage/GM feud going into AON.

-The STA situation is still interesting to me despite the no-show. Bowen/Cooper vs Sabo/Sax will be interesting but I'm still penciling my votes in for TNC vs Sabo/Sax at AON with Barbosa/SHIT colliding with Bowen/Cooper in some gimmick match.

-Vega/Flynn was brutal good fun simple as that. Vega looks to be a tough guy to beat. May have a new King of Mayhem on our hands.

-The six man tag ended as it should have, with a DQ.

-Titus interrupting K.O. "about to save us" was a good way to start what I assume will be there feud. Interested to see where Callahan goes from here. He was brilliant going to into Redemption and in the Apocalypse cycle but I've kinda lost interest in him lately. Hopefully that changes.

Good Ascension, better than MD this week but not by a lot, I just liked it better. There's nothing really to improve on for now, no-shows just killed things a bit.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Million Dollar Champion

Meltdown 82

I like giving Triple X a bit of a rub from Showtime. It allows him to take a step up the ladder without pushing him to the top before he can find his footing.

The six man tag match was okay. It wasn't bad, but it had some things that took away from it. I'm not calling anyone out for a no show, but both Izzy and Tastic no showed and they were given segments. Allowing Tastic to make such a bold challenge after a no show seems out of place. I understand that Tastic vs. Rush was probably in the plans for AoN, but in my mind a no show should always be handled the same. If you no show, you get jobbed out.

K.O. vs. Krypto was a solid match. I think Krypto has earned the right to a segment here and there, and it was used well to show K.O's frustration.

Blaze got the fairly easy win after the no show by Bull. I will ask why the match wasn't kept on AF? I remember when I earned my way onto Ascension it felt like an accomplishment. My first Meltdown appearance was similar. I earned those by putting up constantly good RPs. Debuting a guy on the flagship show doesn't seem right.

Triple X vs. Constantine was pretty solid as well. Normally when a guy is about to get a push I'd like to see him get a clean win over a guy on the level of Constantine, but I don't mind the DQ finish in this case because Constantine had a big announcement later in the show.

The end was solid as well. Holmes/Showtime was another solid match. I wasn't as big a fan of the DQ finish in this situation, but the post match brawl made up for it.

Ascension 57

Whoever wrote that opening is amazing. Seriously all the ladies should throw themselves at that man.

It will be interesting to see where the STA situation goes. I think this particular no show was done the correct way.

Vega/Flynn was another solid match in a line of solid matches. It didn't go over the top with the weapons.

The six man tag was good. I'm biased but I think everything was well written. Big props to Barbosa for emphasizing the two feuds and helping in the evolution of Mikey. I think the DQ finish worked great. This was the first match I've lost that I wasn't bummed I lost.

I do question the writing of Titus after a no show. I actually asked about the no shows this round and was given a reason on Titus. I understand it, but as I said before I'm from the camp of thought that all no shows should be treated the same.

Aftershock 17

Awards show was very good. Solid work on all the segments.

The mini Ricky/Austin reunion was nice.

The matches were well written.

Overall I'd say even with the no shows this was one of the better rounds in recent memory. Great post PPV work. Nearly everyone has some direction headed into AoN. Some belt feuds, some personal feuds, the Battle Bowl. Big things poppin' and I like it.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Spel Chek can suk me drie
WWF Hardcore Champion

New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...New Name is a Television Champion...

WZCW; A week in review; Part 1;

Meltdown 83;

Quote:
The show starts as you’d expect with a recap of Holmes vs Showtime and Constantine’s announcement that he is challenging for the World Title at All Or Nothing, this is useful for those of us with short memories or who rarely pay attention. Nothing to grade here, because it’s a recap.
As you’d expect, this is followed by the arrival of Showtime, obviously as the World Champion he gets a loud pop, slapping hands with fans etc. Perhaps one of the cheesiest characters in the fed then goes on to say he’s not one for cheesy statements, I assume this is an act of self aware comedy that drew a small chuckle from me. He then goes on to promote a long dead feud with Austin Reynolds, building towards the Showtime Powertrip. Cool. No complaints, sets up for the next part nicely.

We are interrupted by another video package, highlighting just what devious and unscrupulous deeds Mr. Showtime has done in the past, good call, modern day wrestling is far more self aware than previous era’s and often doesn’t ask fans to forget that only a few months ago the person you are cheering now was a colossal douchebag. In fact, due to this video package and Constantine’s segment, which injected some life into proceedings if I am totally honest, in fact, largely because of Constantine’s arrival and what he had to say, this feud has instantly become more interesting than any World Title feud since back to when Ty Burna had the belt. Will it continue? I expect it won’t be too long before we find out.

----------- --------------------------- ------------

Match 1;

Jimmy Flynn vs Vega - Didn’t we just see that? Ah I see, can Flynn beat Vega when Vega isn’t allowed weapons. Short answer, no.

Bit one sided, with Vega dominating for extended periods, marked out a little when it looked like Flynn got the win but foot on ropes and all that, this is what smarky douchebags would call a showcase of wrestling talent, good read though. Hard to see where Flynn goes from here, my experience from the Mayhem Division is that with a few notable exceptions, repeated failures usually lead to no shows and the handlers leaving. That said, I don’t think there is any shame in a newer wrestler losing to Vega at this stage, he really is quite good and looking at the RP’s this round, I think it was the right result. Keep your head up though Jimmy.

----------- --------------------- -----------

Ah, Steven Holmes and Big Dave, normally I’d skip this but seeing how I am reviewing the show. Holmes wants Title Match, fuck, I want one of those but hey, looks like XXX vs Holmes is becoming official, with plucky face sticking it to snobby heel. You go champ!

----------- -------------------- ------------

Match 2;

Chris K.O vs S.H.I.T – Ah, a chance for the guy who thinks he’s a Robot to avenge the guy who thinks he’s an Alien. Can he do it? Short answer, no.

Well, first of all I’d like to apologise if I offended or annoyed anybody by whining about the outcome of this match in JGlass’s thread, it’s just hard to take when an RP you’ve been subtly building up to for months is trumped by “guy talks to male nurse who happens to be fan of the show in the least subtle plot device ever” story. Sorry, there I go again.

Anyway, crowd is still mixed for K.O, while S.H.I.T receives positive welcome, well written with the crowd building up like a crescendo much like the Machines theme music, if you played it like I do you’ll appreciate that. Good match, showcasing K.O’s frustrations with the crowd etc, short, but most S.H.I.T matches are and, classic face/heel with K.O dominating before S.H.I.T getting the upper hand and then we get the inevitable interference, S.H.I.T gets distracted and loses. Payoff is mostly in K.O’s favour though as Empire backs off, either not fancying a scrap or just happy with a good days work, and Chris gets to continue his false White Knight gimmick, I was begging for S.H.I.T to chop him or something, or reapply the hold, but alas. K.O moves forward, S.H.I.T remains as static as he’s been for a while now, as we knew it had problems with Empire. 50/50 on this.

------------ ---------------------------- ----------

Ooh, Vega vs Krypto, colour me interested, although this does perhaps give away the result of the next part.

------------ ------------------------ -----------

Match 3

Jacoby Capone vs Krypto – In what is apparently billed as “who can get the lowest down the card match.”

Very short, good grief, Krypto, probably as expected, picks up the win here, very back and forth, probably not as expected considering the vast size differences between these two lads but a bit of fun nonetheless. Krypto winning with quite a nasty move there at the end, but it was a well written display of his ariel prowess. Hard to see where Capone can go from here as it looks like another step backwards, while Krypto is being pushed toward challenging Vega with his reward.

This match basically just does what it says on the tin.

------------ -------------------------- --------------

Chris K.O again, woo, with Kensworth. Psuedo White Knight gimmick put over again. Titus asks for a feud, well, okay, that is directly addressing the criticisms levelled at Titus recently in the same way a sledgehammer addresses a particularly difficult Phillips head screw, a better screwdriver would be sufficient, to whack it in like that is potentially damaging.

----------- ---------------------------- -------------

Aha, Match 4; Tastic vs Rush – First in a series of three.

One thing you lot are good at is writing contrasting styles, Rush’s size against Matt’s speed, and holy hell what a beating Matt received after a good early start, but he’s our resident plucky good guy and has tons of heart, takes a licking and keeps on ticking and so Rush finds himself frustrated at not being able to put this guy away, he goes in the air even, Tastic has pushed this formidable man this far. Rush beats him up some more, with brief flurries from Tastic, ah, Super Saiyan, I get it, good attention paid to RP’s there.

Probably MOTN, with it looking like Matt was going to steal it once or twice before finally succumbing to the sheer punishment, well written indeed. Looking at the RP’s I thought this might go his way, but then I am not voting, anyway, Matt’s now got to come back from a 1-0 deficit. Not easy, and he has no more to work with than he did last time, but a good match nonetheless.

--------------- -------------------------------- --------------

Oh good, Steven Holmes again. The bad guys are bad, and they’re ready.

The good guys are good, and they’re ready.

------------- ------------------------------ ---------------

Main Event;

XXX & Showtime vs Holmes and Constantine in a match Booker T or Teddy Long would’ve jumped at the chance to book.

Entrances, at least the ridiculous descriptions of the crowd reactions have been toned down a bit for these with certain people. Triple X chant, reflecting the fed as a whole, go Champ!

Of course X is the one divided here, being the rookie and not the World Champion and all, while Showtime looks on helplessly as these devious gentlemen have their wicked way with him. Over confidence by the KFAD causes the hot tag to Show, which is surprisingly short lived I’ll say, before the devious heel (Constantine, not the other one) beats up the plucky face (Showtime, not the other one) before tagging in the devious heel (Holmes, not the other one). Bit of role reversal there, which apparently Holmes is a fan of anyway, in which X watches helplessly as Showtime is beaten up, but hooray, he spears Holmes from the top rope, so nice we had to see it twice.
Tags are made, X puts forth a strong effort against two men until he is rescued by Showtime, taking him and Holmes out of the equation, X has the politician on the back foot but Holmes manages to evade the furious Showtime long enough to cost him the win, Showtime of course comes back but X is done and Constantine finishes this bad boy.

Another good match, not much more to it than that.

Afterwards of course Constantine decides he isn’t done beating the guy up, but X is saved by Showtime, massive relief, until Bowen and Cooper turn up, oh no, and now it’s a beat down of epic proportions. Personally, I was a bit disappointed S.H.I.T didn’t use this opportunity to make the save and get a bit of revenge of its own, considering Bowen and Cooper couldn’t keep themselves out of its business, this only adds to the static problem I had earlier, but then we wouldn’t have had the necessary moment of Constantine with the Title Belt, teasing the match he’s already announced he’s going to have. Good ending with the heels standing tall. Grr, I hope they get their comeuppance etc, etc.

Decent Meltdown, with like I said, the most interesting World Title feud in a fucking while now, more palatable than some recent shows, and hopefully indicating a rise in quality in general.

Ascension review coming soon. If I can be fucked.

Bitches!