WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Do you tell your friends / family your gonna be on TV?
Yes 13 81.25%
No 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm an Eve Torres Guy

#MrScissorsKick is looking to come up from OCW...#MrScissorsKick is looking to come up from OCW...#MrScissorsKick is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to #MrScissorsKick

Ryback doesn't need a DDP. Ryback has been pushed (quickly) into the Main Event scene since facing punk @ HIAC. Ryback has moved up the card since re-entering the WWE winning squash matches. Honestly, I've said this before in other threads, Ryback doesn't need anything more than a honest mid-card title feud. We all know Ryback will not win the WWE Title anytime soon, so to make Ryback relative again the WWE should put him back down to the mid-card and have him face Antonio Caesaro for the US Title. Both Caesaro and Ryback need some consistency and a feud for the 2 of them will be needed for both of their careers in the future. Ryback can't keep losing main event scenes and Caesaro can't keep facing guys like R-Truth. So forget about a DDP, have Ryback and Caesaro go at it and have Ryback win the US title at Wrestlemania.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-23-2012, 10:19 PM

Miakisaki is looking to come up from OCW...

This is less a matter of someone becoming a star and more becoming a star much too quickly than most fans could keep up with.

My take on Ryback is simple. He looks and acts goofy to the point where he reminds me of Tommy Pickles from Rugrats. Then there's the radical shift from "yep yep yep what it do?" to "feed me more!" and that he went from decimating jobbers/tag teams straight up to having title matches. Even Goldberg had to mow down the US champ before his inevitable match with Hogan. If they had given him more time to prove himself beyond the catchphrase and us time to forget about the Skip Sheffield character, many more would have latched onto him as being a legitimate threat. Everything about the character can be summed up with two simple words: too soon.

He needs to be taken out of the title scene and given some memorable feuds before the eventual challenge against whoever is champion. A Royal Rumble win could help move this along.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-23-2012, 11:52 PM
WWE Women's Champion

thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...

Ryback was never meant to get over as quickly as he did, otherwise the booking of him would have made sense. WWE were backed into a corner when Ryback was superover without more than a minor push by having handicap squash matches. Putting him in the Punk/Cena storyline backfired in hindsight.
To build him back, he simply needs to go over established heels with him culminating with a match with Big Show or Kane and beating them clean in quick time, maybe even for the WHC.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-24-2012, 06:39 AM

Rich the UK WWE Fan is looking to come up from OCW...

Even if Ryback wins the title on the first RAW next year (which he won't, we all know they're planning Punk Vs The Rock at the Rumble) I still won't care about a man who has NO mic skills, and does 2 moves.

I just want SOMEBODY to take the belt off Punk!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-24-2012, 07:56 AM

rb286 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich the UK WWE Fan View Post
I still won't care about a man who has NO mic skills, and does 2 moves.
You do realize that the way he portrays himself on the mic is his character? And have you even watched a Ryback match?

I think the WWE made a mistake rushing him into a feud with Punk over the title, I don't think he was ready for that and I'd rather see him with the US/Intercontinental title first.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-24-2012, 09:01 AM

Broski_of_the_week is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Even if Ryback wins the title on the first RAW next year (which he won't, we all know they're planning Punk Vs The Rock at the Rumble) I still won't care about a man who has NO mic skills, and does 2 moves.

Brilliant... so you dont like Ryback for having no mic skills or in ring skills but also dont like Punk, who is arguably the best on the mic and in the ring in the world atm.... so what do you like??

back on topic though, not really sure what you mean by needing a 'D.D.P' for Ryback then mentioning Daniel Bryan... DDP and Bryan are as similar as chalk and cheese in my eyes. One was a limited brawler with tons of charisma, the other a technical master whos only just finding his charismatic side. I guess if you wanted a DDP for Ryback to go over in WWE at the moment I think your best bet would be someone along the lines of the Miz, but then again Rybacks already squashed him more than once. Other than that I dont know what Ryback needs, hes already super over, he just needs to bide his time and not lose momentum til after Wrestlemania season and if he can handle that I predict him holding a championship by the end of Summerslam, if not before then.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:05 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

No. I donít really know why you would say he needs a "DDP". Anyway, Goldberg just happened. Right time right place and then they realized they had something to go with a story. With Ryback it was already set. That the main difference. Ryback doesnít need a DDP like Goldberg because they donít want him to be like Goldberg. I donít want him to be like Goldberg, I dont want to see another legend in the sport never be able to compete again because he botches a kick.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
IT happens!
WWE Women's Champion

IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm impressed with Ryback's fan reaction. He has the loudest chants and cheers quite possibly out of all the current WWE talent. That's all good and well for highlight reels and such. However, I find Ryback to be super boring, lacking in actual strength, and abit overhyped. At least Goldberg could somewhat wrestle when forced to[though not that well]. Goldberg had decent matches with DDP, Sting, Booker T, and even Jeff Jarrett near the end of WCW. Ryback hasn't had a single great match since his push and he is probably going to seriously injure top talent if he doesn't train to enhance his strength. He is the classic example of all steroid and no real legit strength. I'd say have The Shield give Ryback a brutal beatdown that has him sidelined for awhile so he can go to FCW and work on mastering the basics. It's not really fair or right for the talents not getting air time or pushes that can work smartly and safely who have far better grasps on basics to be overlooked in favor of someone so awful in every respect. I think it is admirable that WWE wants to start making new stars. I just don't think Ryback is either ready or capable of becoming the next big breakout star that WWE is desperately searching for. 10 years ago Ryback probably wouldn't have lasted beyond a month since his rookie greenness is showing. It's apparent that WWE is pushing him for lacking of anyone else to turn to, which is a bad decision.

Thanks to Mister Dela Cruz for the kickass banner!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-24-2012, 03:30 PM
PHiLLY PuNK
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...

First: I have said it before and I will say it again. I am SICK of the comparsions of Ryback and Goldberg. Outside of his bald head, they are NOTHING ALIKE.

The way WCW booked Goldberg was awesome. When I think of Goldberg back then I don't think of DDP. I think of his fueds with Hogan and Nash. They booked Goldberg as WCW's SAVIOR against the nWo and it worked. If you watch the match Goldberg beats Hogan for the title, that crowd in Georgia was one of the HOTTEST crowds I can remember watching.

The way WWE books Ryback is NOTHING like what they did with Goldberg. I mean just let it go with the Goldberg stuff.

Now for the sake of answering your question:

I don't think Ryback needs a "DDP" type of fued. He isn't even built the same as Goldberg so a match against Bryan is not going to live up to your expectations. However I agree a match with Big Show would be nice. As a matter of fact, Big Show would be the fued you are looking for. Ryback would surely not dominate Big Show and it would show a different side of Ryback that you are looking for I think. Wrestling is not the same as it was before. I dont think we are ever gonna look back at this ERA of wrestling and think of any fueds the way we do looking back at Austin/Rock, Austin/HHH, or back even farther with Savage/Steamboat. Wrestling is just not written the same as it use to and I just don't see Ryback being as HUGE as any of the aforementioned wrestlers were.

My advice to you is to just stop over thinking things and just enjoy what is in front of you. As for most of the IWC, they aren't enjoying wrestling anymore because they out think themselves and think they know more about wrestling than others. Don't do that and just enjoy Ryback while he isnt stale.

I know I am.

I never wish bad to anyone but if I could somehow make Cena go away for 2 years I would
sendpm.gif
Old 12-24-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm laughing at you right now.
WWF Hardcore Champion

Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:

Yeah, because monsters should cut promos like Ric Flair and have the technical ability of Dean Malenko right? Yeah, that makes sense. This is a prime example of a modern internet smark. Most of them only want one type of wrestler cut from the CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Chris Benoit mold. Doesn't that get boring to you people? Honestly I'm a bit sick of it and would rather see more of a power style in the main events. And I don't want a blood thirsty wrecking machine cutting 20 minute promos about how good they are.

As for whether or not he needs a DDP. I think he's already had that in Punk and Cena if you mean someone he can't just push around for 2 minutes and beat. I think right now it's important for Ryback to look as dominant as possible.