WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Do you tell your friends / family your gonna be on TV?
Yes 13 81.25%
No 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2012, 04:58 PM

thekooljt is looking to come up from OCW...

Hey everyone! Its really up to the WWE what they want to do with Ryback at this point. Some of you guys are too young to remember who Demolition was. Well Demolition was WWE's (at the time WWF) answer to the Legion of Doom before LOD came to the WWF. In order for Demolition to go over, they had to at some point win the WWF tag team titles for the 1st time (which they did at Wrestlemania IV) to at least quiet those who only considered the an LOD clone. Ryback is right now at that same crossroad and losing at HIAC did not help at all. He maybe popular now, but remember the Rock, Brock Lesner, and maybe The Undertaker will probably be making appearances soon (2013). If Rybac hasn't established himself as a top level star by the time Wrestlemania comes around, He'll be another high mid-level type wrestler (Don't believe me, ask the Great Khali, and Mason Ryan),.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 AM
Feed Me More

mojmass is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Goldberg for Ryback not against.

Many people said that Goldberg is returning to wwe and many said he would feud with Ryback (Oh Come On!!!) and others said (Which I agree the most) he would sign only a Legend contract.
So here is my point what if he return and become the manager of Ryback and not just any manager one of those manager who would still slap you in the face even if you win a great match like defeating the Undertaker at wrestlmania (it's just an example I don't mean Ryback is the man for that job).
It would be somehow great but I like to know your comments.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-18-2012, 07:28 AM
I wear my underwear on the outside.
WWE Diva's Champion

BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm sorry homie, but Goldberg would make a horrible manager. He's not that great a talker and managers are there to be mouthpieces for guys that can't talk.

Not only that, but they're trying so hard to distance Ryback from the Goldberg comparisons, and doing this would only draw them closer. Even though he'd never wrestle a match, Goldberg would make Ryback irrelevant just by being there.

The only way Goldberg and Ryback should ever interact is if Goldberg comes back to put Ryback over, and I don't see that happening.

Last edited by BaconBits : 12-18-2012 at 07:30 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I haven't heard any Goldberg return rumors. He was speculated to have signed a legends deal post-Raw 1,000th but denied it on his Twitter account. Asides this hes also made a couple low remarks about Ryback e.g. that Ryback isn't athletic (which Goldberg defends himself with by being a former pro-footballer) or as intense as he himself.

If he did miraculously return, he should have no interaction with Ryback unless its to put Ryback over. The Goldberg/Ryback comparisons are non-existent anyway and are just smarks attempting to make something out of nothing because he has a similar look and machine-esq run as Goldberg did but at this stage in his characters progression hes nothing like Goldberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 PM
PHiLLY PuNK
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah this thread is not very creative. Goldbergs "legacy" would be destroyed if he was the "manager" of the man almost every arena in the USA is comparing to him.

I actually wish people would stop putting Ryback and Goldberg in the same sentence. Stop living in the past and just let Ryback be Ryback. It always ruins the matches for me when the buffoons in the arena start chanting "Goldberg" I mean we get it. The last 15 arenas chanted the samething. If you don't like Ryback, just stop responding to him and WWE will rid of him. Its that simple.

I never wish bad to anyone but if I could somehow make Cena go away for 2 years I would
sendpm.gif
Old 12-19-2012, 02:01 AM

thebromm is looking to come up from OCW...

Nah. Sorry. Goldberg would NOT be a great manager. Contrary to popular opinion, managers are supposed to ENHANCE the talent they "work for". Not overshadow. Yes, talking, or being a mouthpiece is part of that, but only part of it. There is a lot more to being a manager then just talking.

*The Voice of the Voiceless*The Straight-Edge Savior*The Best in the WORLD*

CM PUNK!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Flame on.

Tequila Dave is looking to come up from OCW...Tequila Dave is looking to come up from OCW...Tequila Dave is looking to come up from OCW...Tequila Dave is looking to come up from OCW...Tequila Dave is looking to come up from OCW...

Wait, whose been saying the first thing?

Also, pretty crappy idea. Managers are for A) getting someone when they can't do it themselves and B) acting as a mouthpiece. Considering Ryback's doing pretty well and Goldberg is hardly the promo king, this is, quite frankly, a shit idea. Also, it would be silly for a dominant force such as Ryback to have another dominant force managing him - it would make him appear lesser.

Yeah, real shit idea.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-23-2012, 03:37 PM
F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
ROH Pure Champion

Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...
Question Does Ryback need a DDP?

Whenever someone asks about good Goldberg matches there are few that people can agree are objectively good. But DDP/Goldberg at Halloween Havoc 1998 always seems to get a lot of love in those kinds of threads.

Is Ryback capable of more than squashing and brawling? Probably. He just needs a DDP type to work with. Ryback strikes me as a guy who needs to be booked very carefully. Lately, they've going about it all wrong IMHO. He never should have been hotshotted into a feud with Punk. He could have instead chased the World Heavyweight Championship. Big Show seems like a good opponent for him. After that they could have put him in some matches with say Daniel Bryan as the DDP to actually wrestle him and win over some smarks. Not sure if that would have even worked as I could see people crapping on Ryback for beating Bryan, but I think it could have a chance at working if Bryan was built up before hand and the match was made to look competitive.

As it stands now I have no idea who could be Ryback's DDP. It certainly won't be Bryan. At least not the way he is booked now.
Just when you think you got all the answers....I change the questions...GENIUS!!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

I think Ryback is going to get a certain amount of hate from some fans no matter what. You have to remember that Ryback's now a star in WWE. It's become something of an unofficial tradition that whenever a wrestler in WWE is in the midst of a push, the haters suddenly decide to come out to bash him for whatever reason. In the 3.5 years I've been posting in WZ, I've yet to see someone this hasn't been applied to despite a previous clamor for some of these wrestlers to be pushed. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, The Miz, Sheamus, Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, etc. To varying degrees, all of these wrestlers tend to have a lot of support from people wanting them to get pushed but some of that support seemed to have morphed into hate after a push began.

In the case of Ryback, he has a strike against him that a lot of internet smarks simply won't overlook in this day and age: he's a powerhouse wrestler. A lot of smarks think that you can't wrestle if you're someone that's between the 250 and 300 pound mark. After all, guys that size aren't doing suicide dives or hurricanranas or springboard moonsaults over the top rope, etc. which I guess is supposed to mean that guys like Ryback don't know how to be pro wrestlers.

Ultimately, what Ryback needs is time. He's come a very long way during his rivalries against CM Punk and The Shield. Ryback's character will have to evolve as he goes along because the mostly silent bruiser heel isn't going to get the job done if WWE ever decides to make him WWE or World Heavyweight Champion.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 12-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
I think Ryback is going to get a certain amount of hate from some fans no matter what. You have to remember that Ryback's now a star in WWE. It's become something of an unofficial tradition that whenever a wrestler in WWE is in the midst of a push, the haters suddenly decide to come out to bash him for whatever reason. In the 3.5 years I've been posting in WZ, I've yet to see someone this hasn't been applied to despite a previous clamor for some of these wrestlers to be pushed. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, The Miz, Sheamus, Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, etc. To varying degrees, all of these wrestlers tend to have a lot of support from people wanting them to get pushed but some of that support seemed to have morphed into hate after a push began.

In the case of Ryback, he has a strike against him that a lot of internet smarks simply won't overlook in this day and age: he's a powerhouse wrestler. A lot of smarks think that you can't wrestle if you're someone that's between the 250 and 300 pound mark. After all, guys that size aren't doing suicide dives or hurricanranas or springboard moonsaults over the top rope, etc. which I guess is supposed to mean that guys like Ryback don't know how to be pro wrestlers.

Ultimately, what Ryback needs is time. He's come a very long way during his rivalries against CM Punk and The Shield. Ryback's character will have to evolve as he goes along because the mostly silent bruiser heel isn't going to get the job done if WWE ever decides to make him WWE or World Heavyweight Champion.
Agreed...it seems like if you don't become some sort of indy cult hero before WWE, like Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, then you won't get respect from the IWC. Which is really stupid and shallow.

If Kevin Steen ever gets a WWE contract the IWC is going to bust a nut.

Back on track with the thread though...

I'm sorta divided on Ryback. He feels more like a Sid to me than a Goldberg. But I'm willing to give him a chance.
sendpm.gif