WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Bustin' outta L Seven like the Hulk
WWE Women's Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

York would make a good world champ.... in ROH. Yes, he's been head up with Jeff Hardy and Bobby Roode, and did a good job against both. He has a Hardy like appeal to him, but not to the masses. He has the look and in-ring ability, and he is better IMO than Hardy on the mic. But he won't move merchandise like Hardy in TNA. He will probably get the X division or TV title at some point, but no higher.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...

maybe one day he could be world heavyweight champion, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. he's not a name from WWE that viewers are going to know. he's not even an established name with TNA. he's just new into TNA. sure he was there before, but how long ago was that now? he is going to need time to be built up so he is known.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 PM
#DemBoys

RawIsJericho is looking to come up from OCW...

I would like to think that everyone on the roster WANTS to be the Champ, reality for many of course is that it won't be the case and I don't see why York will be one of the exceptions. Good in the ring from what I've seen, put me in the camp that doesn't dig his look so much though I don't think it's terrible. Good that he setting his sights high though and who knows maybe that will end up being the difference that makes him an exception.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 AM

Albert T is looking to come up from OCW...

Regardless of whether anyone personally likes or dislikes Christian York's aesthetic appeal, he seems to be poised for a TNA World Championship run in the next few years. He has erupted since his brief second stint began and he's become a fan favorite practically overnight. York may not be a ratings juggernaut or a master talker, but everything he has done so far has connected with people and brought a bit more acclaim to the promotion and in a time when such proven commodities as Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Devon and Sting are failing to bolster fan support of the company, it seems Christian York has made great strides in accomplishing that goal and on a smaller salary than many in the company (unless of course York got lucky and is the rare undercard talent to be paid a tremendous price).

When the time comes, I'd give Christian York the chance to win the Bound For Glory Series and furthermore the aforementioned Championship at Bound For Glory. After a month of York as Champion, you can give the title to Bobby Roode as a way to bait fans in for York's rightful title chase while giving the World Title to a proven draw in Roode.

Christian York will be good for business and will be a great, if momentary, TNA World Champion and I hope it comes to pass that Christian York has his night in the spotlight.

Last edited by Albert T : 12-12-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: I switched a few words and added a space.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Boy Better Know
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...

First Christian York should start off with the X-division or T.V title to get himself some momentum. THEN he really should receive that world title. He deserves it. He's been held back for 16 years too long. He has that experience.

BUT...yes, there's a but, at some points, he seems to "effortless" inside that ring from what I've seen so far. When (sometimes) he's getting a move performed on him or even when he's doing the move, it looks like he puts no effort into it, IT SEEMS SLOPPY. Also, he has too much of an "indy" look. He needs something that makes him stand out (not including his Rasta-like hair) and will make him that "star". His mic isn't all bad though.

Otherwise, he's great!

Awesome wrestler. It's what TNA needs, especially to carry the company on his back once guys like Kurt Angle and Sting retire. The company will be different without them but if they keep bringing in legit talent (not like the Robbie's)they won't really have that problem because they'll keep the fans interested.

sendpm.gif
Old 12-12-2012, 06:31 PM
WZPC Grand Slam Champion
Million Dollar Champion

Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...

I gotta give him credit he's not hiding what his goal is. But I gotta agree with IDR I don't think hes world champ material. I think its possible he could be down the road but not right now, Plus I think he should take the X Division Belt to get some momentum rolling for him before he even is considered for the world title picture.

Vote Spidey and Rated R for Bromance Of The Year!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Everyone going into TNA or any federation for that matter should have the goal of being that company's world champ. I like that he is so open about that goal. I definitely think he has a good look, and from what I have seen he has looked good in the ring. For me though it is just hard to picture him at the top of TNA. I like they way he started and he hung in there with Hardy well, and I could see him getting a title shot or two. I am very interested in seeing how far this guy can go, and I am definitely a fan, but something tells me he isn't world title material.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 AM

The Shield is looking to come up from OCW...

I know he is a veteran but in my mind he needs to stay in the present for a little longer if he wants the belt but he gave Jeff a run for his money so I think it's possible in the future
sendpm.gif
Old 12-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Never. Fuckin' never.

I love his look but he is overrated. People are really buying into TNA's propaganda with this guy. If they put him up against Bischoff and Robbie E. instead of Roode and Hardy this discussion would be non-existent.

Christian York was good in the ring when he was facing the top talent in the company and even then he didn't shine too bright, it was just interesting to see him against top guys.

This isn't Austin Aries we're talking about. Aries came back and there was no doubt in anyone's mind that this dude could cut a promo on a sack of sand, wrestle it and still be entertaining and a hundred per-cent sure future World Champion. Aries was flawless and still is and wasn't even booked as a veteran or nothing. He booked himself, essentially.

With York we can see TNA WWEing him. What I mean by that is taking an average wrestler and then weaving this huge cloud of hype around him. I'm talking vignettes, commentators noting how he gets their dicks hard, wrestling people shouldn't even be int he ring with - crazy shit like that. Then people buy it, because they're fucking idiots. If they say he's big, he must be big.

Nah, nah he isn't. He's a dude who's SUPPOSED to be quick paced but is actually slow and looks like the Jersey Shore version of Konan the Barbarian.

I'm not buying it.