WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
WCW TV Champion

George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...

Not sure where all the negativity is coming from. I liked Quinn for Barney but I like single Barney a ton more. At least now we may get some of that for a while. I'm also thankful that Barney and Quinn didn't have to break up over another Barney/Robin hookup that we've seen before. The Klaus storyline was stupid and the pre-nup was over the top but Bob Odenkirk is hilarious so I am willing to overlook other things. As always the Lily/Marshall shenanigan's were very relatable and had a sweet ending.

Robin isn't unlikeable, she's damaged and she needs to change her hair.
GSB Stunning Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Paul Heyman and Paul Giammatti in the same room at the same time and neither have you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:39 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Now that Quinn is out of the picture, they can start focusing the stories soley on Ted. If this is truly the last season, then we really need to see how Ted finally gets over the hump and meets the mother. I love Barney but in order to provide closure this season has to focus on Ted exclusively. I feel like there's nothing more that can be done with Marshall and Lily. Love them but their story is done as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:02 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Underwhelming season so far. The latest episode is another episode of unfunny rehashing of sitcom cliches. I don't mind sitcoms using the same ideas but it is difficult to accept when they are unfunny. I didn't think Robin would be fighting to be a godparent considering her character's disdain for children. Hopefully the writers can improve the quality of the show once they figure out whether season 8 is the last season.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:11 AM
Turn down for butt
ECW TV Champion

Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Noticeably F.A.T.

This has been kind of... shit. It's like they're just going through the motions, like they can't figure out how to take the show through a 22 episode season without just bailing on any and all relevant stories for weeks at a time. I'm still watching, they usually tend to kick into a better level in the latter part of the season, but I'm getting bored quickly.

Also, fuck them for what they've done to Marshall and Lily. They're unbearable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene's Disaster View Post
And we have the typical Cena complaint. Jeez, do you guys have the same guidelines about how to criticize John Cena? Do you follow a set of rules? Is it on Bleacher Report?

Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I thought Monday's episode was really funny at times. The shit with Barney being a strip club "Free Agent" was an absolute classic. The "stamp of approval" stuff was pretty dumb. I hate to say it but Marshall and Lily have really jumped the shark. I think they shouldn't have had the baby until the end of this (final) season. That might have helped.

I like the Barney and Robin kiss at the end. At least they're building up to the Barney-Robin wedding storyline and didn't just say "oh hey Barney and Robin are back together."
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
WCW TV Champion

I liked last night's episode. Although, I question where they're truly going with this Barney-Patrice thing. They're developing the Barney-Robin storyline which ultimately will reach its climax at the wedding (remember, Future Ted says it was the "wedding that went horribly wrong"). I feel like by this time, they should be focusing totally on Ted but yet just when we think we're getting something that's going to advance the overall story, we get nothing.

Last night's episode was pretty funny, albeit ridiculous. They need to kick it into high gear with Ted's storyline though or else meeting the mother is going to feel contrived.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
WCW TV Champion

George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...

Most of last night was completely ridiculous, some parts worked for me and others did not.

Lily's dad and Marshall's mom - Chris Elliott is my hero but the concept was horrible and the delivery was pretty bad. I did like the scene where it was revealed that Marshall had the baby while listening to his mom do baby talk. Maybe it's because I am a parent but I really appreciate the way they are treating Lily and Marshall's characters as parents this season but this was way too far of a jump.

Ted lending stuff out - stupid idea that really worked. I thought Ted really played this well. I even liked all of the periodically seeing the labels.

Robin searching for The Playbook - I get it, Robin is damaged and doing destructive things but this is another time she's gone too far and it feels flat. The whole thing was hard to buy.

The Correction Relationship - cool concept but hard to buy from Barney and not that much fun. I expect we may learn that we are seeing Patrice through the gang's eyes and not as she really looks. I don't know, I just like degenerate woman chasing Barney. Relationship Barney can be great but he isn't filthy penis Barney.

Again, funny stuff here and there with kind of lame stories. I'm not asking for the writers to push the Barney/Robin and Ted/Mother stuff too fast. Just keep me entertained and make the the big stuff pay off in the end. Overall I'm happy with this season but I can understand why others are complaining.
GSB Stunning Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Paul Heyman and Paul Giammatti in the same room at the same time and neither have you.

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 12-11-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

By this season's standard, the episode was really good. The Ted part of it was really good. I particularly enjoyed Lily and Marshall talk about how Ted needs to find someone. That really fit into their character as the parent-figures in the group. I really hope that they start concentrating more on Ted.

The Barney-Patrice part was definitely awkward. The relationship with Patrice makes Barney look so much out-of-character. One thing, did anyone else feel that Barney pulled off one of his magic tricks when he burnt 'The Playbook'?

Lastly, I hope that they never make Robin scream or Lily cry. The overacting is just horrible.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD619 View Post
One thing, did anyone else feel that Barney pulled off one of his magic tricks when he burnt 'The Playbook'?
It was totally a trick. There's no way The Playbook is gone forever. Or it will be revealed that the burned one was a copy or something.

Quote:
I'm not asking for the writers to push the Barney/Robin and Ted/Mother stuff too fast. Just keep me entertained and make the the big stuff pay off in the end.
I'm just hoping that they don't force feed us everything regarding Ted and the mother in like the last 2 episodes. Gradual build up is fine but leading into the finale, which is presumably the wedding and the fateful meeting of Ted and the Mother, they need to have brought us to that point. Don't stuff it all in the last couple of episodes.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:28 AM
WCW TV Champion

I loved the extended episode last night. The final page of the playbook idea was so LEGEN...... wait for it...... DARY.

Barney's proposal to Robin was even better than the proposal to Quinn. It all made so much sense when he went back revealed everything.

Loved the "jinx" thing too. Classic.

With the way the episode was going, I thought that "the mother" was going to be at the opening of Ted's building for some reason. I was expecting future ted to say kids, it turns out, your mother was at the opening of the GNB building or something like that.