WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Mr. All-in
WWE Diva's Champion

RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...

I love when people can't get out of the 90's for an answer, honestly the best streak was Andre The Giant who was on a multi-year long streak where he hadn't been pinned anywhere only to get pinned by the immortal Hulk Hogan, nuff said.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Here is a different take on this thread. Bruno Sammartino was champ from 1963 to 1971 in his first reign. That is 8 years as champ. It was Ivan Koloff who took the title from him at MSG in 1971. The crowd was actually crying with this title loss. The person presenting Koloff with the title didn't do it for fear of a riot. I would say that was a hell of a streak to have an end put to.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Satisfaction is the death of desire

Limitless is looking to come up from OCW...Limitless is looking to come up from OCW...

Hogan and Andre has got to be on top or at least in the discussion. I wasn't born yet, but I did watch the match and saw the people's reaction, and that was pretty cool.

Now from what I actually witnessed as I started watching, I would have to say Goldberg vs Kevin Nash. I am not saying that it was the best, but it was pretty big for me. I grew up watching wcw and goldberg was a big deal to me and my friends. When he lost (which i Dont agree with) at the time, I was Sort of crushed. I guess in a way that's what makes it good though, because I was shocked.

We all know though, that who ever beats Taker will hold this title... If he loses!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Registered Loser

Bone For Tuna is looking to come up from OCW...Bone For Tuna is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho Machismo View Post
Lesnar lost to RVD by Disqualification at Vengeance 2002, so he had no undefeated streak going into Survivor Series.
I never said undefeated, but anyways I don't think he had been pinned up until then so it was a pretty big moment. It was built up really well too with Big Show throwing Taker off the stage, attacking Lesnar a few times and Heyman trying to convince Lesnar not to take the match. Lesnar goes into the match with injured ribs but is still able to throw Show around and just when it seems he is going to pull off the upset, Heyman pulls out the referee. Lesnar goes after Heyman but ends up eating a chokeslam on a steel chair. The crowd definitely added to the moment and that was just a damn good PPV in general.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Crossface Chickenwing
WWE Diva's Champion

SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...

Hogan vs Andre. We are talking about a 10 year streak for Andre which is unheard of. It could be longer but they didn't go any further back than 1977. The build up for that match was fantastic. You had the feeling that Hogan could lose that match. Just crazy.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-01-2012, 07:48 AM

peter_midnight is looking to come up from OCW...

Goldberg was not undefeated when he lost to Nash (although it was built that way). He lost to Mongo (Source: Kevin Sullivan shoot interview where he said he made the people forget that Goldberg lost to Mongo and considering he was booker at the time that Goldberg lost to Mongo, it's a legitimate statement).

However, I will say that Nash ended another epic streak in WCW, Wrath's. Wrath was undefeated for like 9 months after the Glacier thing ended and of course Nash couldn't stand that so he beat Wrath so his career could go to the next level because we all know Nash needed the push.

Whoever beat Glacier also gets honorable mention (probably was Nash).
sendpm.gif
Old 12-01-2012, 01:37 PM
HBK for life

TheHeartbreakPunk is looking to come up from OCW...

Without a doubt, it was when Hogan pinned Andre. That was just one of those moments that defines WWE, and everybody went crazy about it. I really can't see any other ending to a streak comparing to it. Plus, it was a pretty good match in my opinion.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...

how anybody thinking Kevin Nash booking himself to beat Goldberg was good is deluded. And to say business went up in WCW following, another deluded comment. WCW were on a downward spiral, and the Goldberg/Nash match led to the Fingerpoke of doom, to which WCW free fell through 199 into a joke.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Knockout Champion

Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...

Best for business was Hogan beating Andre, I don't think there's much doubt there.

Best for me personally? Punk beating Ryback. I absolutely despise Ryback and the fact that he is still employed.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Satisfaction is the death of desire

Limitless is looking to come up from OCW...Limitless is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with every one's comments about Goldberg and Nash, However I was only Nine at the time and didn't know anything about Nash and Goldberg Personally or Dirt Sheets. So Personally to me at the time, it was a huge moment for me. Looking back now with what I know, I realize that It was all screwed up though.
sendpm.gif