WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Future Endeavored

Artemis Paradox is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to Artemis Paradox
Default Suicide in Religion

A question asked so often, I felt it could generate a decent discussion here...

Do you believe, if you are religious, that if one commits suicide, they will go to hell?

I hear so many arguments for both sides for this. On one hand, people say that killing yourself displays your lack of faith in God (or whoever their higher being may be), and thus sends you to hell... or something like that.

On the other hand, the Bible states in John 10:28 "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." This is interpreted by those who disagree with this thought to include suicide- even you can't take yourself out of God's promise of heaven, even with suicide.

So what do you believe? Are you religious? If so, how do you interpret this?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

braveh is looking to come up from OCW...

When someone commits suicide it's not an intellectual process for us to interpret. It is a sin to commit suicide but we are all sinners and we should not judge others and their actions. In other words it is not for us to decide or know. All we can do is to believe and trust:

Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"

Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that ye be not judged"
Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I won't go as far as to say that someone will suffer for all eternity if they kill themselves, although I strongly disagree with suicide. We are given life by a higher power that created us and everything around us. Our lives were a gift. If we take the effort to end our own lives then that is the same as denying this precious gift. I realize others might not agree with my religious beliefs, but that is what I believe.

Whether someone will go to hell or not for killing themselves is not for me to judge. That is between them and their creator when the person reaches the next life. I do disagree with suicide no matter what the situation is though. My life is not mine to take. No amount of suffering would make me think otherwise. Anyone who ever considers it needs to look toward someone they trust for guidance before they make a mistake that will painfully impact others in their life.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 11-20-2012, 04:52 PM
I know I can be cool if I try
TNA Champion

Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...Lee is an Intercontinental Champion...

Firstly suicide can be caused by depression, a mental illness. You will not go to hell for having an illness.

Secondly Biblical examples of suicide is hard to come by. Judas is an obvious one but another is Samson. Samson is listed in the hall of faith in Hebrews as an example of someone with a high faith. He's a recorded suicide bomber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
For the record, Lee is a diabolical genius.
sendpm.gif